Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

For any toilet roll hoarders there is an episode of Inside the Factory focussing on your stash tonight at 8pm on BBC2.

I know of one household where they will be prostrating themselves in front of the TV.

Despite the whole country being up in arms about a government adviser they travelled in droves to various resorts and beaches over the weekend.

The same people, crammed together on the beach at Southend, were condemning the same government adviser. 

Cornwall had 2 people die due to being in the water when there were no lifeguards to patrol the beaches. 

The virus has been spreading, magically, as no one who's screaming about this government adviser, has been breaking the rules. 

Hypocrisy is alive and kicking. 

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Despite the whole country being up in arms about a government adviser they travelled in droves to various resorts and beaches over the weekend.

The same people, crammed together on the beach at Southend, were condemning the same government adviser. 
AS SEVERAL MILLION PEOPLE “CONDEMN” THIS ADVISOR’s SELFISH ACTIONS IT MUST HAVE BEEN A HELLUVA BUSY BEACH.

PLUS... AS I (AND A LOT OF MY PALS) WERE NOT DOWN SOUFEND, I THINK YOU’RE MAKING THINGS UP.

Cornwall had 2 people die due to being in the water when there were no lifeguards to patrol the beaches. 

AYE.  :rolleyes:

NO ONE EVER DIES IN THE SEA AT CORNWALL WHEN THERE ISNAE A PANDEMIC.

The virus has been spreading, magically, as no one who's screaming about this government adviser, has been breaking the rules. 

WHERE’S THE MAGIC? Even YOU were predicting a second wave... !?  :o

Hypocrisy is alive and kicking. 

You really mustn’t keep embarrassing yourself with misplaced support for The Buffoon and his acolytes.  

1 minute ago, antrin said:

You really mustn’t keep embarrassing yourself with misplaced support for The Buffoon and his acolytes.  

Due to your childish attempts at quoting it's not easy to respond.

Come to think of it you're not worth responding to at all.

Oh, here's a cracker......................CUM. :lol:

Get the passports looked out..........................just need the game the UK government are playing to be binned and it's full steam ahead.

Foreign visitors to Spain will no longer have to undergo a two-week quarantine from 1 July, the government has announced.

It said the measure had been finalised in a cabinet meeting on Monday.

Foreign Minister Arancha Gonzalez Laya had previously said the requirement would be lifted in July, without giving a date.

The news comes as the UK government prepares to bring in its own 14-day quarantine policy from 8 June.

Travel firms and other industry bodies say the UK should relax the measure for visitors arriving from countries where people are at a lower risk of contracting the coronavirus.

Spain normally attracts 80 million tourists a year, with the sector providing more than 12% of the country's GDP.

Opening up the holiday market again before the summer season is over is seen as crucial to the Spanish economy.

But under the UK's new policy, any tourists returning home after taking holidays in Spain and most other foreign destinations would have to spend two weeks in self-isolation.

Just received this cracking attempt to steal my money.

Got to be one of the worst attempts ever.....................if anyone falls for this, well, hell mend them. (c) My Departed Mother. 

Subject: 疑似垃圾信黑名單 : Important email for you
This is coming From Hedwig Raskob, the immediate past credit manager of SNS Bank in the Netherlands. There is a serious proposal about a bonded Account in SNS Bank I would require you give Urgent Attention to. If you are interested to know more about this, please do well to respond back so I can give you details.
Note that it will be beneficial to all parties
concerned.
Regards,
Hedwig Raskob

PS I've just replied. :lol::rolleyes::lol:
Edited by faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
Aye... positive outlook... after viewing those graphs.
the ftse  100 and 250 are also both absurdly on the rise today...
Easy jet shares doing great today.

4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
23 hours ago, antrin said:
Aye... positive outlook... after viewing those graphs.
the ftse  100 and 250 are also both absurdly on the rise today...

Easy jet shares doing great today.

Aye.

It's "re-engineering" its workforce. 

Always a sound way to make savings in order to pay dividends, crisis or no.

Guest TPAFKATS
Not great compared to February.....long way to go.
Always have a wry smile at folk thinking the stock market is a sign of the health of the economy.

I know it's only anecdotal but judging by the number of cars on Heathfield Rd. Ayr at 8:00 & 8:30 am this morning the lockdown is well & truly over, also aisle etiquette seems to have taken a hit (thank you Dominic Cummings :rolleyes:).

With restrictions being eased and the streets likely to fill up we're getting to the stage where we'll have to consider wearing face coverings more regularly. 

I know others have mentioned it but petrol was under £1 per litre (99.7p) there was a thread back in in 2006 IIRC bemoaning that it had gone over a quid - whooodathunk we'd have seen it return?

Edited by Bud the Baker

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I know it's only anecdotal but judging by the number of cars on Heathfield Rd. Ayr at 8:00 & 8:30 am this morning the lockdown is well & truly over, also aisle etiquette seems to have taken a hit (thank you Dominic Cummings :rolleyes:).

With restrictions being eases and the streets likely to fill up we're getting to the stage where we'll have to consider wearing face coverings more regularly. 

I know others have mentioned it but petrol was under £1 per litre (99.7p) there was a thread back in in 2006 IIRC bemoaning that it had gone over a quid - whooodathunk we'd have seen it return?

Still quieter than normal where I am Bud but my daughter in Law was at Dobbies yesterday and said that the car park was full. 

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I know it's only anecdotal but judging by the number of cars on Heathfield Rd. Ayr at 8:00 & 8:30 am this morning the lockdown is well & truly over, also aisle etiquette seems to have taken a hit 

With restrictions being eases and the streets likely to fill up we're getting to the stage where we'll have to consider wearing face coverings more regularly. 

Agree 100%, it's been close to "over" for a wee while, with the latest pointless changes it's open season.

MY wife's also mentioned the etiquette in supermarkets has slowly, but surely, gone to pot.

Seems more and more are being allowed in and less/no intervention from staff.

Agree 100%, it's been close to "over" for a wee while, with the latest pointless changes it's open season.
MY wife's also mentioned the etiquette in supermarkets has slowly, but surely, gone to pot.

I've not noticed it in supermarkets, possibly as I usually leave it to after 7 so less folk about.

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:
13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I've not noticed it in supermarkets, possibly as I usually leave it to after 7 so less folk about.

I've not noticed it as I don't do shopping. :P