Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

The next move in Scotland looks like we'll follow England with the mandatory use of face coverings in shops.

It seems ANOTHER measure that is part of the game.

Thank feck I rarely go into shops, the people who are already wearing some sort of mask think they are fecking allowed to push and shove their way in front of other people.

Seemingly wearing a mask equals no manners. 

The "science" is all over the place on this, like most of the information we get.

The FM replied: “Yes, it is under consideration. I said when I announced the policy some weeks back that we would keep this under review.

“We haven’t reached a final position on this but I think it is fair to say it is something that we are considering.”

21 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I have to admit I needed to look at his profile to see when he joined. And boy, it seems soooooo much longer!

One good thing, almost nobody engages with him.

His beloved "like" count, remember his threads on this subject, has plummeted like a whores knickers. :lol:

The next move in Scotland looks like we'll follow England with the mandatory use of face coverings in shops.

It seems ANOTHER measure that is part of the game.

Thank feck I rarely go into shops, the people who are already wearing some sort of mask think they are fecking allowed to push and shove their way in front of other people.

Seemingly wearing a mask equals no manners. 

The "science" is all over the place on this, like most of the information we get.

The FM replied: “Yes, it is under consideration. I said when I announced the policy some weeks back that we would keep this under review.

“We haven’t reached a final position on this but I think it is fair to say it is something that we are considering.”

It seems to be timed, in England anyway, with the reopening of "non essential retail" so bar public transport it would appear overkill to be mandatory in Scotland with so few shops currently open. It is coming though almost certainly and I now see a clamour from medical types in England for it to be compulsory in all premises bar private dwellings and for it to be immediate. As a forerunner to a reduction in SD to say 1m it would prove more popular.

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

It seems to be timed, in England anyway, with the reopening of "non essential retail" so bar public transport it would appear overkill to be mandatory in Scotland with so few shops currently open. It is coming though almost certainly and I now see a clamour from medical types in England for it to be compulsory in all premises bar private dwellings and for it to be immediate. As a forerunner to a reduction in SD to say 1m it would prove more popular.

I have no problem with England acting as our testing ground. I am in the shielding category with my wife. The medics in our family and those I know take the view that it does more to stop the wearer from spreading it. So be it.. That sounds good to me. Shops? What are they? 

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

As I said earlier, it's all part of the "Look, we're letting people do what they want but they have to wear a face covering" game.

I reckon around late July EVERYTHING will be back to "normal with the frankly pointless 2m or 1m distancing rule along with a face covering. 

End of week 8 of furlough.

Been mixed, got LOTS done that, frankly, would have taken me years to get round to.

The decent weather helped in the last few weeks, get some jobs done early on and relax in the afternoon.

Been strange, "having" to pass the time mostly within the confines of the house/garden.

Including trips for stuff I've only been "out" about 10-12 times, excluding walking the dog a few times.

Can still see me being like this till well into July.

Could be worse, at the minute my jobs still secure but who knows what the immediate future will bring. 

End of week 8 of furlough.
Been mixed, got LOTS done that, frankly, would have taken me years to get round to.
The decent weather helped in the last few weeks, get some jobs done early on and relax in the afternoon.
Been strange, "having" to pass the time mostly within the confines of the house/garden.
Including trips for stuff I've only been "out" about 10-12 times, excluding walking the dog a few times.
Can still see me being like this till well into July.
Could be worse, at the minute my jobs still secure but who knows what the immediate future will bring. 

We should be making those furloughed do work in us workers gardens. That trench ain't going to dig itself. [emoji16]

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

We should be making those furloughed do work in us workers gardens. That trench ain't going to dig itself. emoji16.png

The opportunity is there for people who have been furloughed to do voluntary work and many are. Good on them. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Road blocks at Loch Lomond and Callendar, a Kite Surf meeting dispersed in Troon and golfers caught attempting to hide in the back of a van on a Cal Mac ferry, aye this easing in measures is going well !

No surprise really, at the slightest hint people will take the piss.

Again, the lockdown, pubs/restaurants apart, is as good as over. 

The UK government & Scottish government call it different things, basically it's every man/woman/child for themselves..................but wear a mask. 

The NHS has been saved, any casualties are acceptable.