Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

It's great for them but perhaps shines a light on how long-term our lives will be different (rightly) regarding some form of lock-down. If it's taken a country like New Zealand the best part of three months to lift the lock-down, how long will it take the second worst hit country in the world, that has seen 100s of thousands of people ignore mass gathering rules to completely lift lock-down? 

My prediction is not until sometime in 2021 😢

Certainly not quickly. We have people on here who rushed to B&Q on the first day it opened and then blamed others for turning up and making it busy. Talk about lack of self awareness. Thar sums it up in a nutshell. Bonkers

Guest TPAFKATS
It's great for them but perhaps shines a light on how long-term our lives will be different (rightly) regarding some form of lock-down. If it's taken a country like New Zealand the best part of three months to lift the lock-down, how long will it take the second worst hit country in the world, that has seen 100s of thousands of people ignore mass gathering rules to completely lift lock-down? 
My prediction is not until sometime in 2021 [emoji22]
It'll take UK roughly the same - 3 months. Johnson will have lifted most if not all restrictions by end of June just to try and get the economy going, irrespective of deaths and infection rates.

Back to work oiks - 21st century equivalent of cannon fodder.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

It'll take UK roughly the same - 3 months. Johnson will have lifted most if not all restrictions by end of June just to try and get the economy going, irrespective of deaths and infection rates.

More mince, ignoring every other country has moved at a pretty fast pace with similar rates.

Death rates are at a manageable level, infections are going down.

Don't let that get in the way of your political bias, otherwise knows as drivel. 

image.png.471850871a101a1be31fa48cf049d34e.png

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Today see's the introduction of these utterly pointless 2 week quarantine rules.

They might have been worthwhile months ago, even then any impact on the spread would have been minimal.

A more focused approach, taking each country on it's own merits in containing the virus, would make more sense as other countries are doing.

As it's being reviewed every 3 weeks I'll wager it'll change at the soonest opportunity.

Frankly, the quarantine rules imposed would have made NO difference, no matter when they were introduced. It relies on people actually giving the correct address and actually staying there. If they give the wrong address they will be fined. Aye. If someone actually goes looking and If they find them to fine them. Do they need to give a landline number or will their mobile be the contact? They call it a mobile phone for a reason. Not only that but they still have to get there, probably using transport where they could infect people on the way to self regulated self imposed self isolation. An absolute joke of a rule.

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Frankly, the quarantine rules imposed would have made NO difference, no matter when they were introduced. It relies on people actually giving the correct address and actually staying there. If they give the wrong address they will be fined. Aye. If someone actually goes looking and If they find them to fine them. Do they need to give a landline number or will their mobile be the contact? They call it a mobile phone for a reason. Not only that but they still have to get there, probably using transport where they could infect people on the way to self regulated self imposed self isolation. An absolute joke of a rule.

It's all part of the game...................be seen to "do something", a stalling tactic before things, like it or not, will be close to normal before the end of July. 

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Certainly not quickly. We have people on here who rushed to B&Q on the first day it opened and then blamed others for turning up and making it busy. Talk about lack of self awareness. Thar sums it up in a nutshell. Bonkers

Who was that then? :blink:

You'll be telling us next you've bought one of these...............................

103148273_3099844323395460_7659067894244197858_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=oa93qygmyLYAX-NPiS8&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=fd333784d29cc46b5ed22caa0f02c372&oe=5F02BB3B

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Just got a text from Jet2 saying my flight to Rome on the 6th of July has been cancelled. They're no re-starting flights until the 15th of July.

Haven't received the e-mail yet to find out how to get a refund.

They'll get to you mate, they worked through the backlog in date order.

As I mentioned, very easy for us to get the refund, or they offered a voucher with £100 of another holiday.

At that point getting away wasn't clear so we declined.

I would accept that now as I keep blabbing on about, things will be back to "normal" by the end of July, IMO. 

16 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Just got a text from Jet2 saying my flight to Rome on the 6th of July has been cancelled. They're no re-starting flights until the 15th of July.

Better them cancelling than you. 

Managed a few hours not working today. Spent time with the wee yin at Kelvingrove Skatepark, thankfully not too busy and weather great. 

Got her a McDonald's at the Drive Thru at Govan. Only took 5 minutes as the queue was small. 

Lady at the Cash Window gave me a very fierce and scary stare when I offered a ten pound note to pay the Bill. You would have thought I had requested the building of a Statue of Alan Stubbs at St Mirren Park. 

FORFUXSAKE 

She demanded Card Payment. 

I politely refused. 

She stormed off, returning seconds later hurriedly putting a glove on. 

She took my ten spot, gave me my change. 

Can't say I heard her say to me...

HAVE A NICE DAY. 

Edited by shull

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Very depressing but I fear you may be right when you put it like that. At least we are more sensible and less blase with human life up here. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Very depressing but I fear you may be right when you put it like that. At least we are more sensible and less blase with human life up here. 
Depends on whether the Student Grants, © Viz, out there fancy a protest.

You’ll very soon (if not already), get an email with your 3 options, option 3 is for your refund, I’ve already got my money back (about 2 1/2 weeks).

Jet2 have behaved very well and will definitely get my business again!!

BP announce 2,000 job losses in the UK, 10,000 worldwide. [emoji20]
No doubt [mention=6848]Ayrshire Saints[/mention] will blame the UK government. :lol:

Aye this is bad, BP are one of the biggest client for the oil services company I work for, they had already cut their portfolio of modifications for their offshore assets due to oil price slump / Covid.

BP announce 2,000 job losses in the UK, 10,000 worldwide. [emoji20]
No doubt [mention=6848]Ayrshire Saints[/mention] will blame the UK government. [emoji38]
Wrong thread and your memory is playing up. Below is the quote I responded to by saying we will see how BJ and co will respond to mass Scottish redundancies (it was RR at that time). I stand by my assertion that they will do very little. There was no blame of the UK govt for the actual redundancies but you knew that I'm sure !

"This Tory government will make sure everyone who is willing to work will be looked after .
The Shirkers, wasters and the workshy will reap what they sow"

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Wrong thread and your memory is playing up. Below is the quote I responded to by saying we will see how BJ and co will respond to mass Scottish redundancies (it was RR at that time). I stand by my assertion that they will do very little. There was no blame of the UK govt for the actual redundancies but you knew that I'm sure !

"This Tory government will make sure everyone who is willing to work will be looked after .

Why should they do anything or do you expect the government to bail out EVERY company at this time? 

Oh, I know exactly what you were inferring. 

25 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Hey. Don't spoil his party.