Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

They'll get to you mate, they worked through the backlog in date order.

As I mentioned, very easy for us to get the refund, or they offered a voucher with £100 of another holiday.

At that point getting away wasn't clear so we declined.

I would accept that now as I keep blabbing on about, things will be back to "normal" by the end of July, IMO. 

Yeah.

Email duly received, and, as you say, I've to wait until they contact me. 

Still waiting for Ryanair refund. I suspect that may be a very long wait. Cunts.

Fortunately I took the option of cancellation without a fee, on Booking.com, for the hotel. One click of a button and cancelled at no cost.

Selfish as it is, I'm still pissed that we've missed out on going to Krakow and now Rome. The latter for our 10th wedding anniversary.

Just got a text from Jet2 saying my flight to Rome on the 6th of July has been cancelled. They're no re-starting flights until the 15th of July.
Haven't received the e-mail yet to find out how to get a refund.

You’ll very soon (if not already), get an email with your 3 options, option 3 is for your refund, I’ve already got my money back (about 2 1/2 weeks).

Jet2 have behaved very well and will definitely get my business again!!
Had booked with Jet2 through Barrhead Travel.

They're about a week behind. [emoji106]

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Yeah.

Email duly received, and, as you say, I've to wait until they contact me. 

Still waiting for Ryanair refund. I suspect that may be a very long wait. Cunts.

Fortunately I took the option of cancellation without a fee, on Booking.com, for the hotel. One click of a button and cancelled at no cost.

Selfish as it is, I'm still pissed that we've missed out on going to Krakow and now Rome. The latter for our 10th wedding anniversary.

Are you worried there might not be an 11th? :lol:

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Just got a text from Jet2 saying my flight to Rome on the 6th of July has been cancelled. They're no re-starting flights until the 15th of July.

Haven't received the e-mail yet to find out how to get a refund.

Bollocks

Meant to be flying out for the 14th July

Would have made no difference anyway as Spain aren't letting us in until the infection rate gets much better

On 6/3/2020 at 7:17 PM, Ayrshire Saints said:
On 6/3/2020 at 4:17 PM, Krankies therapist said:
Boris is the man to lead us out of this situation .
in years to come he will be regarded as a Churchill type figure
This Tory government will make sure everyone who is willing to work will be looked after .
The Shirkers, wasters and the workshy will reap what they sow. 

f**kem .

I'm sure the Rolls Royce employees who "want to work" will take solace in your shite to tonight. BJ does not give a flying f**k about Scotland or any of it's inhabitants in fact the same can be said for anyone north of the Midlands. Away back and sit yer fat arse in your cab waiting for your next £4 Asda run.

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Exactly my point, Read the quote again.

Not sure about this "other" quote, which wasn't yours, your quote above was where I mentioned your stance that somehow the government were to blame and should take action for the Rolls Royce redundancies. 

Just seen a cracking wee item on the BBC news........................The Bingo Bus.

Some community minded people go round the streets, Ferguslie was on tonight's item, and get he street residents to play bingo.

Also a bit of karaoke and a wee Slosh at the end.

Brilliant idea, getting people to know each other and giving the punters something to look forward to.

Well done. 

Was this too much of a upbeat story for someone from Paisley to post? :rolleyes:

https://www.facebook.com/fergusliecommunitycouncil/

Edited by faraway saint

Just seen a cracking wee item on the BBC news........................The Bingo Bus.
Some community minded people go round the streets, Ferguslie was on tonight's item, and get he street residents to play bingo.
Also a bit of karaoke and a wee Slosh at the end.
Brilliant idea, getting people to know each other and giving the punters something to look forward to.
Well done. 
Was this too much of a upbeat story for someone from Paisley to post? :rolleyes:
https://www.facebook.com/fergusliecommunitycouncil/

Seen a video from Geds mate the other week regarding it. [emoji106]

Unbelievably we have had the town winter fare and Christmas lights switch on events cancelled, they were in mid and late November ffs. Citing council advice the SD was still likely to be in operation at 2m and hence not viable / safe apparently despite both being outside events more than six months away. Total and utter disgrace.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Unbelievably we have had the town winter fare and Christmas lights switch on events cancelled, they were in mid and late November ffs. Citing council advice the SD was still likely to be in operation at 2m and hence not viable / safe apparently despite both being outside events more than six months away. Total and utter disgrace.

Agreed, as long before then things will be, as good as, back to normal.

The 2m will, almost certainly, be a token 1m and you'll be able to do everything you could before.

How can there be mass gatherings like we seen at the weekend allowed and not something that's over 5 months away? 

You wonder who makes these decisions, snowflakes. 

24 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Money saving exercise maybe. 

24 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Does this mean you will have to starve from mid-November till Christmas? 😄