Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
I don't need to when I have you to mansplain everything for me.
The term mansplaining appears to be something you don't understand.

You're on a bit of a roll.

It looks like the alternative to quarantine is going to be a "C19" tax in effect, a £140 test and certification system to enable the fabled air bridges. Total joke !

I'm definitely going to wait a few weeks and see how things start to pan out if / when holidays start up again for UK citizens

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

It looks like the alternative to quarantine is going to be a "C19" tax in effect, a £140 test and certification system to enable the fabled air bridges. Total joke !

I'm definitely going to wait a few weeks and see how things start to pan out if / when holidays start up again for UK citizens

Aye, I'm in need of a holiday :rolleyes: but not that desperate.

September, at best, is my target, definitely December.

On 6/10/2020 at 7:02 PM, FTOF said:

Just received an e-mail from Ryanair informing me that my refund request has been processed and that the money should be back in my account in 5-7 days, depending on how quickly my own bank process it.

One less thing to complain about. :) 

Was worth the half hour wait to get through. That was for a flight due to go out on the 3rd of April.

Jet 2 cancelled flight two weeks ago, refund back onto credit card today. No phone call or e-mail to them required.:thumbs2

Will definitely use Jet 2 again when we try to go to Rome next year!

Now all I have to do is work out how to transfer refunded money from holiday credit card to bank account.

Doesn't seem to want to let me do it through online banking.:angry:

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Just ring your Credit card provider and ask for a Credit Balance Refund (CBR). You'll need to provide your bank account number and sort code for the money to be refunded.

Cheers. Between Ryanair and Jet 2 refunds, I've never had that much credit on a credit card before.

Yflab financial advisory service!:lol:

Edited by FTOF

Well, we, at work, just had a considerable payment for products we produced for China and received another identical order.

Pretty much guarantees us for the next year+

I like the Chinese. :thumbs2

It is, almost, our only major order so a lot of eggs in the Chinese basket but better than an empty basket. 

Well, we, at work, just had a considerable payment for products we produced for China and received another identical order.
It is, almost, our only major order so a lot of eggs in the Chinese basket but better than an empty basket. 
I can just hear Confucius saying that.

1 minute ago, StanleySaint said:
23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I can just hear Confucius saying that.

I did type it in with a Chinese accent, well noticed. :lol:

On 3/21/2020 at 5:17 PM, Tommy said:

As retired, nothing had really changed for me apart from boredom cause by the shutdown.

I have a small garden that will keep me busy for about 1 hr every 2 weeks  :lol:

Have a holiday booked for Nov so that should be ok, but i was also looking to get away in May/June but that wont happen now.

A week driving around the North of Scotland that was on my to do list for this year now looked unlikely   :(

Strange as it sound, my bank balance is growing by the day since it is getting harder to spend money now.

You make good points here Tommy. It is harder to spend money. Just as well for most of us I think. 

One unexpected effect of the lockdown is that I've started listening to some Jazz music.:blink:

I've been watching Bosch on Amazon prime and he's into Jazz music. I heard a few of the tunes and bought a few classic jazz albums by Miles Davis, Cannonball Adderley etc.

Quite relaxing stuff.

One unexpected effect of the lockdown is that I've started listening to some Jazz music.:blink:
I've been watching Bosch on Amazon prime and he's into Jazz music. I heard a few of the tunes and bought a few classic jazz albums by Miles Davis, Cannonball Adderley etc.
Quite relaxing stuff.
Nurse......

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

Quite relaxing stuff.

It's ok, when this is all over, in a few weeks, you will return to normal...................S Club 7 bonanza. :wink:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

It's ok, when this is all over, in a few weeks, you will return to normal...................S Club 7 bonanza. :wink:

I sandwiched it between a John Digweed live set in Cordoba and The Dead boys album - Young loud and snotty. :P