Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

Well, first week back at work after furlough.
After virtually being a recluse for the previous 10 weeks it's been good to get back to meeting people on a daily basis.
Our workforce have been covid free, as have all of their families, some followed the lockdown strictly, some didn't.

That's pretty lucky (assuming you don't just work with half a dozen folk). We have a 150 or so and three have been confirmed with one other that I know of having had their daughter hospitalised with it but she was a C19 ward nurse. All luckily were diagnosed once we were not all in an office environment so no isolation requirements. That said Ayshire has been a bit if a hot spot.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
14 hours ago, faraway saint said:
After virtually being a recluse for the previous 10 weeks it's been good to get back to meeting people on a daily basis.
Our workforce have been covid free, as have all of their families, some followed the lockdown strictly, some didn't.

That's pretty lucky (assuming you don't just work with half a dozen folk). We have a 150 or so and three have been confirmed with one other that I know of having had their daughter hospitalised with it but she was a C19 ward nurse. All luckily were diagnosed once we were not all in an office environment so no isolation requirements. That said Ayshire has been a bit if a hot spot.

TBH Most of Ayrshire are related so no surprise. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

FFS. They must have heard a rumour that Oaky is planning a holiday to Oz

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-53196525

The last time this was reported by the BBC it led to similar situations in this country. Complete f**kwits. These are the type of cnuts that think it’s ok to leave dogs in cars for 5 hours or join thousands of others on beaches or parks and leave litter everywhere. Twats.

Plenty of leaves in the garden now if I need to improvise.

I'll avoid using the holly tree though.😝

Myself and my Wife generally watch CNN for half an hour from 10 at night. Last night after seeing the scenes at Bournemouth 

then seeing the figures from Texas, Florida and California, we both thought that unless some folk get a grip then this virus is

going to hang around a lot longer. Upwards of 5,000 cases in Texas yesterday, the other two not far behind.                                       

As for the USA, they are going to have a real hard time before Covid 19 goes away.

I can’t see the USA being clear until a vaccine has been produced. Won’t be seeing my Brother in Huntsville anytime soon.

I have never been much of a people person but I have noticed that since lockdown measures have been removed that I am finding I absolutely cannot tolerate other people. I am having to pick my shopping times very carefully for the sake of my sanity.

Fake tans, topless, bald, fat, tattooed blokes, weegie accents everywhere, doddery f**kers who spend ages looking at packs of identical chicken wings, kids getting in the way of everyone, people wearing stupid masks and then walking right past you with no distancing at all, MacDonalds litter virtually on every spare patch of roadside in the town, people driving like cunts, tailgating, flashing you to try to force you to speed up when you are already at the speed limit, people hanging out their car windows screaming at the top of their voices, garden parties with loud music.........

Its all too much. What the hell is going on?

I have never been much of a people person

Really?

Said no-one, ever.

I have noticed that since lockdown measures have been removed that I am finding I absolutely cannot tolerate other people. I am having to pick my shopping times very carefully for the sake of my sanity.
Fake tans, topless, bald, fat, tattooed blokes, weegie accents everywhere, doddery f**kers who spend ages looking at packs of identical chicken wings, kids getting in the way of everyone, people wearing stupid masks and then walking right past you with no distancing at all, MacDonalds litter virtually on every spare patch of roadside in the town, people driving like cunts, tailgating, flashing you to try to force you to speed up when you are already at the speed limit, people hanging out their car windows screaming at the top of their voices, garden parties with loud music.........

Things are getting back to 'normal'.

Next question?

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I have never been much of a people person but I have noticed that since lockdown measures have been removed that I am finding I absolutely cannot tolerate other people. I am having to pick my shopping times very carefully for the sake of my sanity.

Nailed it in your first sentence. 

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Have you moved into Feegie? :lol:

Not a man of the scheme are you? :rolleyes:

Last night was the 3rd last quiz night.

Last nights theme was Scotland, all the rounds were questions about Scotland.

Only 2 more to go then it's all gone.

It's been a nice way to keep in touch with people over a difficult period but it's run it's course.

The "get together" party is arranged for 15th August.

We might have a quiz. :lol:

@HSS, you asked some time ago would these continue after the lockdown, I thought unlikely as more people return to their normal Friday night routines.

Edited by faraway saint

By stupid masks I take it you mean the types with a sharks mouth or the like on them or worse still an OF Crest ! What you describe sounds great to me it's describing normality for your average supermarket. Wait until you get to your English campsite, I dread to think in the current atmosphere down there.

Couldn’t agree more on the bad driving, over the last 14 weeks or so I have witnessed some absolutely shocking driving!!

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Wait until you get to your English campsite, I dread to think in the current atmosphere down there.

13 hours ago, Yflab said:

And you are choosing to go to England soon. 

I know someone who can sort you out with an Uzi.......

I'm beginning to wonder if I may have made a mistake.......

Maybe I should try to cancel.   :D

19 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
On 6/26/2020 at 6:23 AM, faraway saint said:

That's pretty lucky (assuming you don't just work with half a dozen folk). We have a 150 or so and three have been confirmed with one other that I know of having had their daughter hospitalised with it but she was a C19 ward nurse. All luckily were diagnosed once we were not all in an office environment so no isolation requirements. That said Ayrshire has been a bit if a hot spot.

The last time that was said about Ayrshire was when sheep were being "worried"!

Edited by stlucifer

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

I had the pleasure/misfortune of working in Ayrshire for 19 years.

Was asked by a colleague why I never moved there. He wasn't impressed with the, I don't want to work here never mind move here. emoji23.png

Was there not a McDonald’s closer to home that you could have worked in?