Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Already proving difficult to book a lodge as, predicted by most people, many are wanting to get away and back to normal.

Managed to get a weekend booked in September, nothing was available in August, and early October is the next available weekend dates.

Lodges FFS!

Pah!

Get yer tent out like normal people.

On 6/15/2020 at 1:02 PM, faraway saint said:

Just done everything online, seemed to go pretty well.

You just send a pic, no need to crop or size, and their software reduces it to the desired size.

Mines came up as in the "green" level, wife's was in the amber.

Must be because she looked grumpy. :lol:

Just hope we don't get any hold ups, I'm sure they will be running at reduced capacity right now. 

Passports came in yesterday.

Nice wee piece of kit. 

Roll on December, try them out. 

53 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

You lucky sod ! 

AF6D8BFD-A4EE-4B1B-86A8-D5BBFDCE6FB3.jpeg

Thanks Benny!!!! Dib, Dib. 

Strange but true... I got my first journey in a Rolls Royce when I was in the scouts on camp in the borders. A couple of us were given a lift by a relative of Jimmy Mcgregor, the folk singer 

Edited by St.Ricky

As much as I'd like to get away for a holiday I'm not having a holiday that's under these restrictions.

This is from a guy I know in Tenerife...................

Just been into Vincci hotel Fanabe, it opened today, all staff and holiday makers have to wear masks. Anyone wanting to leave UK will find this quite distressing at the moment. Masks on plane to travel, masks while using public transport and taxis, masks to do your shopping.
Before anyone jumps on me and says I am trying to put off tourists and being negative by posting this please understand. I want this whole affair to be done with. I want my old life back.
To be back at work and bring life and soul to the party.
There is nothing more I want to see than planes bringing people on their holidays to shake my hand, give me a hug and tell me they have worked hard all year for this break.

I don't recognize this place at the moment and anyone who takes that trip won't either.

Every day people are messaging me asking if it's safe, are the pubs, restaurants, hotels open. Is it back to normal.
It is not and its starting to get us down. The sooner this is over the better.

The effects of this Covid 19 has taken its toll on so many ripped the soul out of this Island and I just pray that it's not forever 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

As much as I'd like to get away for a holiday I'm not having a holiday that's under these restrictions.

This is from a guy I know in Tenerife...................

Just been into Vincci hotel Fanabe, it opened today, all staff and holiday makers have to wear masks. Anyone wanting to leave UK will find this quite distressing at the moment. Masks on plane to travel, masks while using public transport and taxis, masks to do your shopping.
Before anyone jumps on me and says I am trying to put off tourists and being negative by posting this please understand. I want this whole affair to be done with. I want my old life back.
To be back at work and bring life and soul to the party.
There is nothing more I want to see than planes bringing people on their holidays to shake my hand, give me a hug and tell me they have worked hard all year for this break.

I don't recognize this place at the moment and anyone who takes that trip won't either.

Every day people are messaging me asking if it's safe, are the pubs, restaurants, hotels open. Is it back to normal.
It is not and its starting to get us down. The sooner this is over the better.

The effects of this Covid 19 has taken its toll on so many ripped the soul out of this Island and I just pray that it's not forever 

Certainly a pattern that will be repeated in a lot of places.

However, for some sort of masochistic reason, I was looking at the Webcams in Rome. From what I could see some  people were wearing face masks and any bars/restaurants that were open, didn't seem to be observing any form of social distancing with their outside seating. Groups of people, admittedly what looked like teenagers, wandering about, again with no social distancing.

That's with minimal tourism. with an expected increase flights starting to operate in the next few weeks, you can imagine what it would be like.

Here's an indication of just how few tourists are in Rome. In normal times, the whole square surrounding the  Trevi fountain is absolutely jam packed from 7.00 in the morning until midnight. Look how few people are there at present.

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/lazio/roma/fontana-di-trevi.html

11 minutes ago, FTOF said:

However, for some sort of masochistic reason, I was looking at the Webcams in Rome. From what I could see some  people were wearing face masks and any bars/restaurants that were open, didn't seem to be observing any form of social distancing with their outside seating. Groups of people, admittedly what looked like teenagers, wandering about, again with no social distancing.

That's with minimal tourism. with an expected increase flights starting to operate in the next few weeks, you can imagine what it would be like.

Here's an indication of just how few tourists are in Rome. In normal times, the whole square surrounding the  Trevi fountain is absolutely jam packed from 7.00 in the morning until midnight. Look how few people are there at present.

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/italia/lazio/roma/fontana-di-trevi.html

Very different. 

My daughter in Law is waiting to hear about the opening of flight corridors. They have a couple of places in Spain. She works from home so can also work from her villa in Spain. She and her daughter are likely to fly out when permitted but they won't be holidaying in the traditional sense. 

24 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Aye, the next couple of months will be interesting.

There will be plenty who will be willing to go no matter what. There's no chance any existing measures will be maintained if the numbers grow.

As I've said, we're looking at December as an option but only if there's a normal holiday in store, I can't be arsed with mask wearing on a plane for over 4 hours etc.v

Back in January we paid a deposit for a holiday with EasyJet for September in Kos, just paid the balance today. I reckon by September it will be routine for Kos OR it will be cancelled because C-19 is out of control.

EasyJet have been good for refunds so either we get some (safe!) r'n'r in the sunshine or we get our money back.