Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

35 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

A reduction of income of just 10% could wipe that out pretty quickly.

It's also worth knowing if they are aiming at another year of loss.

That cash will also be needed to pay creditors in the next 12 months.

That's before we consider whether they have debts.

I'm not saying they are broke either but their situation is not as rosy as you are painting either.

Where did I say it was rosy? 

FFS. 🤪

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

With £16m in the bank. 

PS The point I'm making is they are not "broke", as was stated earlier in the thread.

That's all. 

Yeah. Spoke to my mate last night. He said they should be fine as they effectively have no debt.

However, he has already financed and is in the process of financing several other major universities, so he said they'll get through it.

The story about 13 universities going bust, is effectively them trying to get more government money to tide them over, without having to rely too much on aforementioned support from the banks.

He's a guy who leads negotiations and signs off on the deals worth hundreds of millions of pounds, to finance universities and local authorities, so he knows what he's talking about.

Compared to local authorities, most universities are in relatively good health!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/renfrewshires-pandemic-bill-soars-55-22307831

Renfrewshire council are estimating that they have a £55 million bill due to the pandemic and I'd imagine that there are other local authorities that are in far worse states.

Edited by FTOF

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Yeah. Spoke to my mate last night. He said they should be fine as they effectively have no debt.

However, he has already financed and is in the process of financing several other major universities, so he said they'll get through it.

The story about 13 universities going bust, is effectively them trying to get more government money to tide them over, without having to rely too much on aforementioned support from the banks.

He's a guy who leads negotiations and signs off on the deals worth hundreds of millions of pounds, to finance universities and local authorities, so he knows what he's talking about.

Tutorial for Wee Boaby and Oaksoft is over. 

10 hours ago, FTOF said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/renfrewshires-pandemic-bill-soars-55-22307831

Renfrewshire council are estimating that they have a £55 million bill due to the pandemic and I'd imagine that there are other local authorities that are in far worse states.

I've been mentioning this issue for a week or so, there's got to be consequences.

Obvious one's are job cuts, services reduced, rise in council tax etc.

Not going to be pretty. 

A poster suggested that Covid 19 ( which the same poster had suggested we were overreacting to) could rip the heart out of this island. Firstly.. Looks like he has detached Northern Ireland from the UK by the use of the singular. Two. Its brought people together at grass roots level.. Unless of course you spend your time sitting on your sofa watching Football with Canned Crowd noise, placing bets and boozing. Hardly likely to be involved in the wider community.. Yet purports to be an expert. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, salmonbuddie said:

Aye...

written by an American living in north London.

I didn’t like the final para, apparently blaming the Swedes NHS For them being lackadaisical about personal health.

Edited by antrin

This is you @Sue Denim, read the extra bit..................

What is wrong with people during this pandemic???
So today i went to the supermarket for some shopping. While i'm standing in front of the self check out line, this 'person' comes up and starts TAPPING me on the shoulder ignoring ALL the social distancing rules!
So i tried to ignore him but he keeps tapping and tapping.
THIS is where it got interesting.
So the FANNY kept tapping ... See More

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So today i went to the supermarket for some shopping. While i'm standing in front of the self check out line, this 'person' comes up and starts TAPPING me on the shoulder ignoring ALL the social distancing rules!

So you decked him. 

Big Wee Man. 

22 hours ago, faraway saint said:

That’s ancient ya fud 

We have started a phased return to office working, in out rota 2/3 days then 3/2 days, essential staff and management only. Quite pleased. Went in today to prepare. Much busier train than last week and good to see a big increase in mask compliance probably well over 80% on both journeys. Also seemed to be a big rise in shoppers, even most queuing outside seemed masked. Nipped into Betfred on the way home where (understandably) for security reasons masks are not encouraged, are banks the same ? I haven't been inside a bank for years but see pretty big queues outside the few left open.

It’s becoming increasingly like North Korea 😂

Clap for Nicola Sturgeon organised

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/nicola-sturgeon-scotland-coronavirus-clap-18571043

The applause is set to take place on Sunday, July 19 at 8pm in recognition of Ms Sturgeon's role in guiding the country through the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Maybe a few boos in order for all the thousands of care home deaths that she’s responsible for 

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

We have started a phased return to office working, in out rota 2/3 days then 3/2 days, essential staff and management only. Quite pleased. Went in today to prepare. Much busier train than last week and good to see a big increase in mask compliance probably well over 80% on both journeys. Also seemed to be a big rise in shoppers, even most queuing outside seemed masked. Nipped into Betfred on the way home where (understandably) for security reasons masks are not encouraged, are banks the same ? I haven't been inside a bank for years but see pretty big queues outside the few left open.

At least you can just skip the queues by showing your wife’s police ID

27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

FFS, now an item on the BBC news that shaking hands will become a thing of the past.

It's, seemingly, ALWAYS been a source of transmitting other viruses.

Fecking worlds going mad. 

That's the Masons fucked then.:lol: