Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

Just now, Tommy said:
4 hours ago, faraway saint said:
£10? 
What PPE did you get for this extortionate amount? 
Unless I was in severe pain I'm afraid I'd have politely told them to shove it. :thumbsdown

Half of 1 of my tooth had broken, so to repair the tooth, I needed a large white filling. If I didn't, the rest of it could have broken and I would had needed a crown that would.have cost a lot more than the £45 I paid.

That's ok for that sort of repair but, as I said, they can shove that kind of rip off, I've found my old rusty pliers. 

I saw a report on the news the other night where the dentist was saying that the cost of the masks they normally source have increased by a factor of 7! Ouch. 
The mask she wore was like a gas mask from WW1 [emoji23] and she had a visor on top of that as well. Think the PPE needed to be change for every client.

That's ok for that sort of repair but, as I said, they can shove that kind of rip off, I've found my old rusty pliers. 
I would rather you used the pliers on some of the posters fingers to help to improved the forum [emoji16]

1-2% in not a massive number. [emoji38]
98-99% IS a massive number. 
Are you drunk already, it's usually later on a Saturday night you start your pish?  :rolleyes:
Squirming. [emoji38]
Next time you go to a match and they charge you 2% of £10,000 to get in rather than 2% of £1,000, I assume you won't complain but accept it as one of those things! Makes no difference to you!

Nae concept of basic arithmetic and no ability to admit being wrong!

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Next time you go to a match and they charge you 2% of £10,000 to get in rather than 2% of £1,000, I assume you won't complain but accept it as one of those things! Makes no difference to you!

Moving the goalposts frantically trying to prove a point. :lol:

Lost the plot, away and get back to your bed. :byebye

12 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
33 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Moving the goalposts frantically trying to prove a point. emoji38.png
Lost the plot, away and get back to your bed. :byebye

No goalposts were moved in the showing up of you as inept and laughably ridiculous, not to mention incapable of basic arithmetic!

That’s a disgraceful thing to say. You should apologise now.

To all inept and laughably ridiculous people for comparing them to @faraway saint 😂

56 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
1 hour ago, slapsalmon said:
There's a guy on here who can help you with that! 

Oaky needs it for the stuff coming out of his mouth! (Well... Keyboard to be precise)!

Nice to see you've stopped crying long enough to be able to return to the forum.

Geez what a wuss!

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Feck me, you've turned into Bazil.

You've made your point, we've all been bored to death by it. There are no winners here.

Any chance of moving on or are you determined to get to 17 pages of this sanctimonious garbage?

Feck me, you've turned into Bazil.
You've made your point, we've all been bored to death by it. There are no winners here.
Any chance of moving on or are you determined to get to 17 pages of this sanctimonious garbage?
I moved on.
I even stopped gratifying you with a response to your neediness...

But despite the fact that you are intelligent enough to grasp basic arithmetic... That dafty just isn't.

I even typed slowly.

You fair like using the adjective sanctimonious. You sesquipedalian!

Went out for a few drinks and something to eat last night. It was excellent although despite the spectacular evening it was very quiet thanks probably to Scotrail who have a replacement bus service on the Ayrshire line over Glasgow fair weekend so weegie free pretty much. Loads of takeaway food still being collected I noticed, possibly something that places that previously didn't provide that service will benefit from moving forward. No price hikes in anywhere we were either.

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Went out for a few drinks and something to eat last night. It was excellent although despite the spectacular evening it was very quiet thanks probably to Scotrail who have a replacement bus service on the Ayrshire line over Glasgow fair weekend so weegie free pretty much. Loads of takeaway food still being collected I noticed, possibly something that places that previously didn't provide that service will benefit from moving forward. No price hikes in anywhere we were either.

Was in the Lord Lounsdale on Friday night for a few pints, with one of my mates.

Most tables (that weren't marked not in use) were occupied, with a mix of people having a meal and others just drinking, like me.:)

Very civilised. Took the option of ordering at the bar as I don't like downloading unnecessary Apps to my phone. No queues at all.

Limited supply of beer, with some beers still to arrive. Although, I got the impression that they didn't want to have too many beers on tap, just in case some form of lockdown occurs in the future.

I'd say about 50 odd people in the dining area/pub/beer garden most of the time.

Booked table for 6.30, for three hours. Wasn't asked to leave at 9.30.:whistle Headed up the road just before closing time at 10.00.

Nice relaxing evening catching up and getting half pished in the process.

The only restriction that had a slightly negative effect on the evening was not being able to move to a "better" table, as I felt we were a bit too close to the dining area. 

Going to book Cardosi's for next Friday night, if it's open. Hopefully, I'll be able to manage to turn up for my booking, unlike the hordes of selfish clowns that seem to be booking and not turning up for their restaurant bookings. 

16 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

225 million in starvation by the end of the year

All so @bazil85 and @TPAFKATS and their like could enjoy a lockdown holiday on full pay and feel virtuous 

Disgusting

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/climate-and-people/coronavirus-set-trigger-brutal-tragedies-fragile-countries-un/

Again spin away, your point is beaten in the first sentence. 

The United Nations has urged wealthy countries to “step up now or pay the price later”, warning that the coronavirus crisis will “wreak havoc” in developing countries. 

If this happens it wont be down to coronavirus, it's something countries can prevent so it'll be down to greed and economy over human life. Something we know you support. 

14 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

I made that post on 6th June. Here we are over a month later and where is the rise in infections due to all these selfish people?

As always, I’ve been proved right, as always. 

Graph below produced by the Scottish government.

Notice how the easing of restrictions and the introduction of masks have not made a single big of difference to the trajectory of the graph.

Then again, you probably won’t. After all, you are one of King Canute’s courtiers 😂

166E38F3-165F-4789-A629-0D3BEB1006E0.jpeg

The "selfish" people are the minority and I'm sure is factored in to any strategy. But again a graph that shows you've been wrong and that lock-down has worked & a gradual lifting has been a good, solid approach.

The gradual easing of restrictions has been a big win in Scotland. Will you join me in congratulating the SNP on their successful approach as highlighted in your graph?