Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

Interesting to see several Australian states response to increased cases.

Obviously gaining independence from Australia is foremost in their minds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-53589817

Last month, with community transmission low to non-existent elsewhere, every other state shut their borders to Victoria.

However the virus spread to Sydney through visits from Melbourne residents.

Authorities there are now battling clusters around restaurants and pubs, and warn the city is on a "knife's edge".

On Wednesday, Queensland joined the Northern Territory and Western Australia in barring entry to anyone from Sydney due to the renewed risk.

5 hours ago, smcc said:

You really have reached the peak of ludicrousness.

It's funny.

Not quite as funny, self-conflicting and complicated of some of the govt diktats but a grand parody, nonetheless!

Edited by antrin

2 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

From the government website a month ago

5B97AD72-946E-402A-9DD6-1089BD1B69A1.jpeg

Yes but you are surely ignoring the advances in mask technology.

Jumpers and scarves for example are now fitted with anti-viral fibres which are woven into the blend. I mean that must be right surely, otherwise the "scientists" who claim that using these things as suitable masks would have to be barking mad......

...or maybe they think we're all just idiots who can't think for ourselves.

Guest TPAFKATS
I guess we can look forward to endless months of panic-driven local lockdowns from governments.
Lovely.
No one is stopping you from going out and licking door handles.

3 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

I would agree.

Remember this is only down to the public, not the government.

If nothing else it should remind us here in Scotland we are not immune and can f**k it up as well as the English. 

Sue Denim is sure to nick in soon and post his stats once again that show how Scotland has been f**kin it up as badly as Boris.

Does anyone on here work with the SQA?

I've just heard through my daughter of one person who scored an A in her prelim and was awarded a D and scores of people talking about being downgraded from C to an outright fail in many subjects.

This is making me very suspicious indeed and I would be interested in knowing whether a computer algorithm was used to assign grade adjustments in Scotland. This has all the hallmarks of the blanket use of a "magic algorithm".

Does anyone on here work with the SQA?
I've just heard through my daughter of one person who scored an A in her prelim and was awarded a D and scores of people talking about being downgraded from C to an outright fail in many subjects.
This is making me very suspicious indeed and I would be interested in knowing whether a computer algorithm was used to assign grade adjustments in Scotland. This has all the hallmarks of the blanket use of a "magic algorithm".

I’ve heard a few reports of kids being downgraded, against the recommendations of the teachers. If this is correct then someone needs their arse felt. This is people’s futures being jeopardised.

I’ve heard a few reports of kids being downgraded, against the recommendations of the teachers. If this is correct then someone needs their arse felt. This is people’s futures being jeopardised.
I don't know if it is still the case that examination boards move the banding parameters, because of the difficulty level of the exam once they have all the results.

Likewise if the prelims were deemed to be too easy then that could also be taken into consideration.

Do all schools sit the same prelim test?

44 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

At least we're not in England.

Apparently down there you can't appeal a grade on an individual basis. Only if the school is an "improving" one can the entire school appeal.

So glad my kids are out of this farcical system.

Edited by oaksoft