faraway saint

Effect of Coronavirus

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:
6 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
You'll not need a refund for the Rome trip. emoji6.png

Unless they come up with a way to social distance on a plane, of course I will.

He's still hanging onto the idea people will be traveling in July.

He's going to Largs, it's not quite the same. 🙄

Well, Saturday 16th May, some fitba to watch.
Bundesliga, should be some players I recognise.
No ma ideal choice but beggars can't be choosers. :thumbs2
If I watch footy on 16th May I may do a wee nostalgic watch of the 87 cup final

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

There's a lot of folks deposits sitting for weeks /months in travel companies accounts. All adds up and the interest may help cushion the blow for them.

On of my in laws actually lost their jet2 deposit as they booked it on a debit not credit card and didn't want the full cost of holiday coming out of their account.
Knew that although they would get it refunded, it would take weeks as full holiday is paid a couple of monthsor so in advance of going. There was also the potential for company going bust in interim so they decided not to take the risk.

Surely that would've been in the "good ole days", I doubt they'll be getting much at the moment.

Hopefully not too long...

Judy Anne Mikovits is an American anti-vaccination activist, conspiracy theorist, and former medical researcher. She has made discredited claims about vaccines, coronavirus, and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Actually if you at her career trajectory it reads a little bit like Dr. Hans Zarkoff's, perhaps Covid was sent to earth by Ming the Merciless - Flash we only have 14 hours to save the earth.

flash_gordon_movie_special_1980_009-010.

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

There's a lot of folks deposits sitting for weeks /months in travel companies accounts. All adds up and the interest may help cushion the blow for them.

On of my in laws actually lost their jet2 deposit as they booked it on a debit not credit card and didn't want the full cost of holiday coming out of their account.
Knew that although they would get it refunded, it would take weeks as full holiday is paid a couple of monthsor so in advance of going. There was also the potential for company going bust in interim so they decided not to take the risk.

Not only will they not be getting interest on a business account, they'll be paying a bank charge for every transaction.

It's more likely that they will be using that cash to pay their creditors and other things like wages. That'll be why some of these companies will be unable to issue refunds. They'll have some money set aside for that but there's no way every penny will be available to them to refund every single passenger. It's been spent keeping them afloat.

In that regard, they are in the same boat as banks. The money is spent almost immediately it arrives in their accounts.

Maybe Jet2 have a better cash position than others.

Guest TPAFKATS
Surely that would've been in the "good ole days", I doubt they'll be getting much at the moment.
It's all relative to the amount you have though (as someone said with regards to care home profits) isn't it?
Hundreds of thousands of deposits gains a reasonable return over a few months for literally no effort.

I'm not criticising Jet2.

My experience was exactly like this, dealt with excellently. Hope they survive. Loganair on the other hand !!! Doing everything to avoid refunding (flight only obviously J2 was a package), now saying up to 90 days.

Just had Jet2 on the phone, we had booked a holiday in Portugal for June 6th.

They have been going through bookings in date order, a surprisingly logical approach.

Pleasant telephone call, we made it clear we'd prefer a refund rather than a holiday voucher, within 2 minutes a confirmation e-mail came through that a full refund was agreed.

They have been excellent throughout, although this hasn't been enough for some people, pouring out the usual nonsense on Facebook.

This level of customer service goes a long way with us, when the green light is given for foreign holidays we will definitely be using them again. 

Well done. default_thumbup2.gif

PS Money ALREADY transferred back through PayPal, can't ask for any more. 

Efficient, one person deals with the whole process, not passed onto another department where it could get lost in a sea of paperwork. 

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

My experience was exactly like this, dealt with excellently. Hope they survive. Loganair on the other hand !!! Doing everything to avoid refunding (flight only obviously J2 was a package), now saying up to 90 days.

We got lucky in the sense this was the first package we'd booked for maybe 20 odd years.

All our holidays in the last while have been flights, apartment or hotel booked separately.

Doubt we'd have been as lucky if we'd gone down that route. 

Edited by faraway saint

Yes the package is good that way, we have reverted back to them having been doing DIY following a few health issues a few years ago. Ironically the good one like J2 could benefit out this in years to come assuming they survive the next 12-18 months

We got lucky in the sense this was the first package we'd booked for maybe 20 odd years.
All our holiday in the last while have been flights, apartment or hotel booked separately.
Doubt we'd have been as lucky if we'd gone down that route. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Yes the package is good that way, we have reverted back to them having been doing DIY following a few health issues a few years ago. Ironically the good one like J2 could benefit out this in years to come assuming they survive the next 12-18 months

I'd like to think people who have used them going into this situation will recognise how they've acted.

Again, I know the "rules" said 14 days but it would be foolish for anyone to expect anything to happen in that time span with the current numbers involved. (Although tha hasn't stopped the usual level of fcukwiterry from some on Facebook) 

Like you say, hopefully they get through this and we'll certainly be using them as soon as travel is back on the cards. :thumbs2

Guest TPAFKATS
Ladies and gentleman , the President of Tanzania. .

I met him once at a dinner party. He was surprisingly funny and very good company...

49 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, theknickerwetter said:

I met him once at a dinner party. He was surprisingly funny and very good company...

What you mean is you served him drinks off a tray, ya wee fud. 

51 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, theknickerwetter said:

And why surprisingly funny? Because he's black? You f**king racist. Black people can be funny, too. Well except for Lenny Henry. 

58 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I guess my post must have went over his head twice, given the 2 rapid replies.

Racist! 

If I'd met him I'd have shown him some true Scottish hospitality, and bought him a coconut juice, or whatever it is they drink. 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Friday's becoming family and friends quiz night.

One of the few things that's positive in this situation.

Tonight's teams are from Perth, USA, Paisley, Fife and Arbroath. 

👍

Do you think the quiz will continue when we get back to “normal”?

20 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
21 hours ago, theknickerwetter said:

Nice one Limmy 😂

Just had Jet2 on the phone, we had booked a holiday in Portugal for June 6th.
They have been going through bookings in date order, a surprisingly logical approach.
Pleasant telephone call, we made it clear we'd prefer a refund rather than a holiday voucher, within 2 minutes a confirmation e-mail came through that a full refund was agreed.
They have been excellent throughout, although this hasn't been enough for some people, pouring out the usual nonsense on Facebook.
This level of customer service goes a long way with us, when the green light is given for foreign holidays we will definitely be using them again. 
Well done. :thumbs2
PS Money ALREADY transferred back through PayPal, can't ask for any more. 
Efficient, one person deals with the whole process, not passed onto another department where it could get lost in a sea of paperwork. 

We are booked with Jet2 for Lanzarote on 25/06, I have heard that Jet2 will make another announcement on 18/05, the problem I have is that I don’t actually want to go now (my son has health issues) but obviously can’t cancel yet (or I’ll lose my cash).

I personally can’t see us flying on 25/06, has anyone heard about any pending Jet2 announcements or an extension to the date on them resuming flights from 17/06 or any other ideas? We do have good insurance.