Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
Ladies and gentleman , the President of Tanzania. .

I met him once at a dinner party. He was surprisingly funny and very good company...

49 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, theknickerwetter said:

I met him once at a dinner party. He was surprisingly funny and very good company...

What you mean is you served him drinks off a tray, ya wee fud. 

51 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, theknickerwetter said:

And why surprisingly funny? Because he's black? You f**king racist. Black people can be funny, too. Well except for Lenny Henry. 

58 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I guess my post must have went over his head twice, given the 2 rapid replies.

Racist! 

If I'd met him I'd have shown him some true Scottish hospitality, and bought him a coconut juice, or whatever it is they drink. 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Friday's becoming family and friends quiz night.

One of the few things that's positive in this situation.

Tonight's teams are from Perth, USA, Paisley, Fife and Arbroath. 

👍

Do you think the quiz will continue when we get back to “normal”?

Just had Jet2 on the phone, we had booked a holiday in Portugal for June 6th.
They have been going through bookings in date order, a surprisingly logical approach.
Pleasant telephone call, we made it clear we'd prefer a refund rather than a holiday voucher, within 2 minutes a confirmation e-mail came through that a full refund was agreed.
They have been excellent throughout, although this hasn't been enough for some people, pouring out the usual nonsense on Facebook.
This level of customer service goes a long way with us, when the green light is given for foreign holidays we will definitely be using them again. 
Well done. :thumbs2
PS Money ALREADY transferred back through PayPal, can't ask for any more. 
Efficient, one person deals with the whole process, not passed onto another department where it could get lost in a sea of paperwork. 

We are booked with Jet2 for Lanzarote on 25/06, I have heard that Jet2 will make another announcement on 18/05, the problem I have is that I don’t actually want to go now (my son has health issues) but obviously can’t cancel yet (or I’ll lose my cash).

I personally can’t see us flying on 25/06, has anyone heard about any pending Jet2 announcements or an extension to the date on them resuming flights from 17/06 or any other ideas? We do have good insurance.

5 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

We are booked with Jet2 for Lanzarote on 25/06, I have heard that Jet2 will make another announcement on 18/05, the problem I have is that I don’t actually want to go now (my son has health issues) but obviously can’t cancel yet (or I’ll lose my cash).

I personally can’t see us flying on 25/06, has anyone heard about any pending Jet2 announcements or an extension to the date on them resuming flights from 17/06 or any other ideas? We do have good insurance.

Sit tight, almost certain you'll not be flying anywhere in June so you'll get the offer of a credit voucher to use when the time is right or a full refund. 

Guest TPAFKATS

Spanish have said they aren't opening up until later in summer and brits appear to be barred due to how bad our situation is.
There's virtually no chance of your booking going ahead.

Sit tight, almost certain you'll not be flying anywhere in June so you'll get the offer of a credit voucher to use when the time is right or a full refund. 

I do agree, I cannot see the Spanish just ‘opening up’ since we could essentially bring the virus into their country.

Heartened to read that they were good with you regarding your refund!!

2 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

I do agree, I cannot see the Spanish just ‘opening up’ since we could essentially bring the virus into their country.

I can't find anything indicating that Spain will be willing to look at tourism from abroad opening up anytime for ANY other countries.

Jet2 are certainly acting in a pretty decent manner, TUI, on the other hand, are not as far as I'm aware.

Keep us updated. :thumbs2

1 hour ago, RichardBuddie said:

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Nobody will be going abroad on holiday this year. 🛫

https://www.lavozdelanzarote.com/articulo/canarias/canarias-logra-ser-destino-primer-vuelo-seguro-pasaporte-sanitario-digital/20200508145340150441.html

My beloved Lanzarote is working on it.  :)

(dunno if the link takes you to the English translation I have been reading or not...)