faraway saint

Effect of Coronavirus

5 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

We are booked with Jet2 for Lanzarote on 25/06, I have heard that Jet2 will make another announcement on 18/05, the problem I have is that I don’t actually want to go now (my son has health issues) but obviously can’t cancel yet (or I’ll lose my cash).

I personally can’t see us flying on 25/06, has anyone heard about any pending Jet2 announcements or an extension to the date on them resuming flights from 17/06 or any other ideas? We do have good insurance.

Sit tight, almost certain you'll not be flying anywhere in June so you'll get the offer of a credit voucher to use when the time is right or a full refund. 

Guest TPAFKATS

We are booked with Jet2 for Lanzarote on 25/06, I have heard that Jet2 will make another announcement on 18/05, the problem I have is that I don’t actually want to go now (my son has health issues) but obviously can’t cancel yet (or I’ll lose my cash).

I personally can’t see us flying on 25/06, has anyone heard about any pending Jet2 announcements or an extension to the date on them resuming flights from 17/06 or any other ideas? We do have good insurance.
Spanish have said they aren't opening up until later in summer and brits appear to be barred due to how bad our situation is.
There's virtually no chance of your booking going ahead.

Sit tight, almost certain you'll not be flying anywhere in June so you'll get the offer of a credit voucher to use when the time is right or a full refund. 

I do agree, I cannot see the Spanish just ‘opening up’ since we could essentially bring the virus into their country.

Heartened to read that they were good with you regarding your refund!!

2 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

I do agree, I cannot see the Spanish just ‘opening up’ since we could essentially bring the virus into their country.

I can't find anything indicating that Spain will be willing to look at tourism from abroad opening up anytime for ANY other countries.

Jet2 are certainly acting in a pretty decent manner, TUI, on the other hand, are not as far as I'm aware.

Keep us updated. :thumbs2

1 hour ago, RichardBuddie said:

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Nobody will be going abroad on holiday this year. 🛫

https://www.lavozdelanzarote.com/articulo/canarias/canarias-logra-ser-destino-primer-vuelo-seguro-pasaporte-sanitario-digital/20200508145340150441.html

My beloved Lanzarote is working on it.  :)

(dunno if the link takes you to the English translation I have been reading or not...)

On 5/7/2020 at 9:45 AM, faraway saint said:

Just had Jet2 on the phone, we had booked a holiday in Portugal for June 6th.

They have been going through bookings in date order, a surprisingly logical approach.

Pleasant telephone call, we made it clear we'd prefer a refund rather than a holiday voucher, within 2 minutes a confirmation e-mail came through that a full refund was agreed.

They have been excellent throughout, although this hasn't been enough for some people, pouring out the usual nonsense on Facebook.

This level of customer service goes a long way with us, when the green light is given for foreign holidays we will definitely be using them again. 

Well done. :thumbs2

PS Money ALREADY transferred back through PayPal, can't ask for any more. 

Efficient, one person deals with the whole process, not passed onto another department where it could get lost in a sea of paperwork. 

My wife had a holiday booked with Jet2 and she was called yesterday and everything was settled relatively easy. She was asked the Tipping Point question a number of times mind you.........

“Do you want to take the trade or the money?”

Thankfully she took the money.

When you get good customer service you remember that. Well done Jet2. I hope they get through this. We’d book with them again.

10 hours ago, Yflab said:

My wife had a holiday booked with Jet2 and she was called yesterday and everything was settled relatively easy. She was asked the Tipping Point question a number of times mind you.........

“Do you want to take the trade or the money?”

Thankfully she took the money.

When you get good customer service you remember that. Well done Jet2. I hope they get through this. We’d book with them again.

Anybody who doesn't take the money is utterly stupid. A lot of firms will go bust soon, and the voucher will be useless.

My favourite Chinese Takeaway,the Golden Dragon in Crookston Road  reopens today at 4-30 pm 

I am so looking forward to purchasing my Sunday dinner from there. 

The Yulan House has been a decent alternative in the past few weeks for me, so will give them 7/10 and say thanks. 

Hopefully the Golden Dragon will be their usual excellent 9/10 self. 

Cannae fecking wait.  

I must be addicted. 

Edited by shull

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Sunday today, in case anybody's losing the plot, so movie day.

Not made a selection yet, the decision will be made closer to the time after lengthy debate. :wink:

What are the choices?

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I use an IPTV service mate, gives access to a wide range of movies so not sure what other provider would have it. 

Cheers, although I don’t know how I can relax at home and watch a movie while also being alert! 😂

The Hawkhead Road Car Wash has now reopened. 

As has the Car Wash in Ibrox on Broomloan Road. 

Work, Car Wash and a Chinese Takeaway all in the one day. 

Normal life is returning.