Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

One of the current debates is when can people get away on holiday, I mean abroad.

I was originally reasonably sure later in the year, October onward, we could get away.

Then I wavered and thought this year would be a "no go" for everyone.

Now other countries are already slowly opening up and the signs are that the current obstacles over flights and quarantine could be overcome.

I've already mentioned we've been ok with a full refund so we're primed and ready to go, if the opportunity arises later in the year.

Slightly concerned the prices will initially rise, if so, they can shove it, I'll wait till next year. 

Phoned my local B&Q today and spoke to a very pleasant lady who, while couldn't give me a date when fence paint would be delivered, did inform me Wednesday & Friday are delivery days so if I phone on Thursday or Saturday morning they'll let me know if the colour I wanted is in store. :thumbs2

A mate has these available.

Screenshot_20200520-103217_Facebook.jpeg

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Kept in a shed outside in winter paint will be F@@ked 

Maybe not if they are unopened.

It depends what range of temperatures it has been exposed to.

I'd have though you could get a technical spec for the paint from the manufacturers.

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Captain Tom Moore, at the risk of @oaksoft saying I'm weak, I'm glad to report has been rewarded with a knighthood.

Raised £32m and has done something very rare, shown a spirit that, at 100 years old, is remarkable.

As an ex BB sergeant I salute you. :lol:

So you're not actually a heathen, then?! :lol: :wink:

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

The Ronseal stuff that we used to paint our fences was in the hut over winter and it was fine.

Water based so it's ok, I used up half a 5lt tub to redo the garden shed, came up a treat, Harvest Gold. 👍 It had been in the shed for years, opened. 

Just shows you, Oaky is a trumpet. 🎺

Edited by faraway saint

Captain Tom Moore, at the risk of [mention=4199]oaksoft[/mention] saying I'm weak, I'm glad to report has been rewarded with a knighthood.
Raised £32m and has done something very rare, shown a spirit that, at 100 years old, is remarkable.
As an ex BB sergeant I salute you. [emoji38]
That's Colonel Sir Tom to you...

58 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:
10 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Captain Tom Moore, at the risk of [mention=4199]oaksoft[/mention] saying I'm weak, I'm glad to report has been rewarded with a knighthood.
As an ex BB sergeant I salute you. emoji38.png

I salute you..............Middle finger hand sign detailed Royalty Free Vector Image

One of the current debates is when can people get away on holiday, I mean abroad.
I was originally reasonably sure later in the year, October onward, we could get away.
Then I wavered and thought this year would be a "no go" for everyone.
Now other countries are already slowly opening up and the signs are that the current obstacles over flights and quarantine could be overcome.
I've already mentioned we've been ok with a full refund so we're primed and ready to go, if the opportunity arises later in the year.
Slightly concerned the prices will initially rise, if so, they can shove it, I'll wait till next year. 

As stated earlier in the thread I’m locked in with Jet2 and due to fly to Lanzarote on the 25/06, big problem is I have a type 1 diabetic 10 year old son and we will not be flying under any circumstances- lesser problem is unless they cancel by pushing flight window out is that I lose £1200

Ouch!!

3 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:
13 hours ago, faraway saint said:
As an ex BB sergeant I salute you. emoji38.png

FFS this is getting ridiculous.

What more are they going to through at this man?

We've reached peak virtue signalling. :lol:

On 5/19/2020 at 7:22 PM, faraway saint said:

Phoned my local B&Q today and spoke to a very pleasant lady who, while couldn't give me a date when fence paint would be delivered, did inform me Wednesday & Friday are delivery days so if I phone on Thursday or Saturday morning they'll let me know if the colour I wanted is in store. :thumbs2

Phoned down at 9:00am, spoke to Rachael, asked about the colour I was after, she, while still on the phone, went and had a look, only 3 tubs left, could she put one away and I'd be down in 15 mins? "Not really supposed to but come up to the garden section and ask for me, I'll put it away". :thumbs2

Popped down, a small queue but, as I've mentioned before B&Q are really slick and adhering to all the rules on cleaning trolleys and distancing.

Found Rachael, sure enough the paint was hidden under a table. :lol:

On the way out another worker mentioned that fence paint was like gold dust. 

There was plenty of 12lt tubs of the dark oak colour, Forest Green is obviously more in demand. 

Unfortunately the weather is not really looking like being suitable over the next couple of days, Sunday might be reasonable enough to get it onto the fence. 

Phoned down at 9:00am, spoke to Rachael, asked about the colour I was after, she, while still on the phone, went and had a look, only 3 tubs left, could she put one away and I'd be down in 15 mins? "Not really supposed to but come up to the garden section and ask for me, I'll put it away". :thumbs2
Popped down, a small queue but, as I've mentioned before B&Q are really slick and adhering to all the rules on cleaning trolleys and distancing.
Found Rachael, sure enough the paint was hidden under a table. [emoji38]
On the way out another worker mentioned that fence paint was like gold dust. 
There was plenty of 12lt tubs of the dark oak colour, Forest Green is obviously more in demand. 
Unfortunately the weather is not really looking like being suitable over the next couple of days, Sunday might be reasonable enough to get it onto the fence. 
Hope you didn't use the lassies real name, you know what the grasses are like on here. [emoji853]