Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

On 7/10/2020 at 8:42 PM, faraway saint said:

Mince, a disaster, thank god that's the last one. :lol:

Now the Friday night quiz has finished, and it was a really nice diversion at the peak of the lockdown, the next thing is the get together party.

Saturday 15th August, plenty of games and entertainment already planned, but no quiz. :lol:

12 people, legally allowed, all in our garden/house, all having a great time. :cheers

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Just at back in the car after first shopping trip wearing a mask.

Utter shite experience. 

Feck wearing one on the plane all the way to Tenerife. 👎

There's been a bit of smuggery going round about how the complainers are all apparently wearing masks but actually I wonder if people who don't want to wear masks are simply not shopping at all now.

It's a bit early to tell but that trip I took to Asda was the first time I haven't had to stand in a queue to get in. Once in there were very few people around compared to a week or so back. Aldi was the same.

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

There's been a bit of smuggery going round about how the complainers are all apparently wearing masks but actually I wonder if people who don't want to wear masks are simply not shopping at all now.

It's a bit early to tell but that trip I took to Asda was the first time I haven't had to stand in a queue to get in. Once in there were very few people around compared to a week or so back. Aldi was the same.

There's not much choice in food shopping, unless people want to starve but it might have an effect on other types of shopping. 

Dundee was fairly quite today but we deliberately went early to miss any possible crowds.

It was my first time and there will be a period of getting used to them but I'll avoid shopping if possible.

As I said, it's 100% a deal breaker on any holiday plans for me.

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I've never been in Asda or Aldi. Good stores, I'm sure. Compete on price rather than quality I'm told but that's from others who haven't shopped there. Waitrose, Marks or Sainsbury's for me. Lower prices in A and in A might explain why they have been busier. 

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Now the Friday night quiz has finished, and it was a really nice diversion at the peak of the lockdown, the next thing is the get together party.

Saturday 15th August, plenty of games and entertainment already planned, but no quiz. :lol:

12 people, legally allowed, all in our garden/house, all having a great time. :cheers

What makes you think St.Ricky, TPAFKATS, bazil85, Sue Denim, shull and Oaksoft and their partners will accept your invitation ?    :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

There's not much choice in food shopping, unless people want to starve but it might have an effect on other types of shopping. 

Dundee was fairly quite today but we deliberately went early to miss any possible crowds.

It was my first time and there will be a period of getting used to them but I'll avoid shopping if possible.

As I said, it's 100% a deal breaker on any holiday plans for me.

Yeah I get that. I think even without masks, a holiday abroad isn't going to be enjoyable right now for most people with all the restrictions going on. Especially with the cost of it.

36 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What makes you think St.Ricky, TPAFKATS, bazil85, Sue Denim, shull and Oaksoft and their partners will accept your invitation ?    :rolleyes:

No idea why you've lumped me in with that lot but allow me to bail right now.

That'll bring it down the the 12 FS mentioned.

Edited by oaksoft

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Just at back in the car after first shopping trip wearing a mask.

Utter shite experience. 

Feck wearing one on the plane all the way to Tenerife. 👎

I used to work in a clean room environment for an electronics company back in the 90s , we wore masks for most of our 12 hour shift! You get used to it after a wee while. 

1 minute ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I used to work in a clean room environment for an electronics company back in the 90s , we wore masks for most of our 12 hour shift! You get used to it after a wee while. 

Yes but that was voluntary on your part.

The issue is being TOLD to wear one. That's the bit that grates for some of us.