Films to watch on Amazon Prime and Netflix

W6er

I thought as many of us are stuck indoors, it might be a good idea to share films available for those who subscribe to these two purveyors of entertainment.

The one thing that annoys me most about Prime is that there are a lot of good films on there, but they're difficult to find unless you know to search for them by name. IMDb lists are quite a good way to do that, btw.

Anyway I'm currently watching To End All Wars, with Robert Carlyle. 

8 hours ago, W6er said:

I thought as many of us are stuck indoors, it might be a good idea to share films available for those who subscribe to these two purveyors of entertainment.

The one thing that annoys me most about Prime is that there are a lot of good films on there, but they're difficult to find unless you know to search for them by name. IMDb lists are quite a good way to do that, btw.

Anyway I'm currently watching To End All Wars, with Robert Carlyle. 

I don't currently use either. Which would you recommend I start with for Films and Drama Series? 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I don't currently use either. Which would you recommend I start with for Films and Drama Series? 

Well I like them both. I subscribed to Prime so I'd get free deliveries, but then discovered it gave me access to lots of films and drama. However, as Dickson stated, Netflix is the online film provider.

The Bobby Robson documentary on Netflix is pretty good. I think One Night in Turin is still on Amazon Prime. It's about England at Italia 90, has a tremendous soundtrack and ends with them going out on penalties. What's not to like?

If you like motorsport, Drive to Survive on Netflix is essential viewing as is Uppity about Willy T Ribbs.

For stuff that isn't documentaries, Darkest Hour was good as was, surprisingly, Peter Rabbit 😂

Edited by Stu

Loved The Hunters on Prime, starring Al Pacino.

Very Tarantino like.

70s New York Nazi hunters!

Bosch was another cop series I really enjoyed on Prime.
Loved the Bosch novels and Titus Walliver is great in the role, always usefjl go have the author on board for ghd tv series too.

Yep, absolutely. Parkinson had a slow start as manager, but the club is only 3 points off 2nd place. 
Clusterf**k of a club it may be, but Jack Ross had many international players to call on during his time as manager. He had players on the books for the season that were taking in five figure weekly salaries. He was given money to spend and wasted it on Will Grigg FFS! And the most telling factor about Ross was after he took the Hibs job he did a BBC interview boasting about his record at Sunderland because he only lost a handful of games. Quite clearly he didn't grasp at any point that Sunderland are a club with an annual turnover larger than that of Celtic playing at an all time low level for the club against sides where NINETEEN!!!! draws were simply never going to be good enough. 
The first Wembley final, the EPL Trophy, you talk about shows the true potential of the club. That day at Wembley drew the biggest football crowd (85,021) of that weekend anywhere in the world. Sunderland v Portsmouth in a diddy cup final! Yet they came off that final and won just 3 of the last 9 league matches and in the last four matches of the season they took just 2 points. 
It'll be very interesting to see what the issues were off the park. Many suspect that Ross had an over reliance on Aiden McGeady who played out the season with a broken toe. Some also claim McGeady was a disruptive force in the dressing room that Ross failed to deal with. I suspect that quite simply it was as I predicted it would be when he first went there - quite simply far too big a step up for a football manager of limited ability.      
Ross pleaded with Douglas NOT to sign Grigg, and promised to get him half a dozen better players for that fee.
You are as I'll informed as off the ball.

Douglas panicked (familiar theme to his stewardship) at fan reaction to selling Maja when he was scoring goals.

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel on Prime is great.  Set in the late 50's - early 60's, it's all about an upper middle class NY Jewish housewife, who sort of by accident, discovers she has a talent for stand-up.  It's American (obviously) which means there is an element of "drama" to help the plot along but it's none the worse for it.  Highly recommended.

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel on Prime is great.  Set in the late 50's - early 60's, it's all about an upper middle class NY Jewish housewife, who sort of by accident, discovers she has a talent for stand-up.  It's American (obviously) which means there is an element of "drama" to help the plot along but it's none the worse for it.  Highly recommended.
I love it but my other half can't get into it. [emoji50][emoji850]

3 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
22 minutes ago, stlucifer said:
I hadn't heard of it but, since you mentioned it, I decided to give it a go. So far watched the first 4 episodes. A wee bit slow but OK.

It is slow, but it's good.

Don't get me wrong. I have only seen Series 1 first 4 episodes and am intending to continue to watch it. So. No feckin' spoilers!😁