Research on Sexuality in Football

theacademic

11 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Why? It's private and should be irrelevant.

Hmmmm.

nothing is really private if it can be used to abuse people.  More openness, honesty and reason would be useful.

i opened the questionnaire, prepared to “share my thoughts “, but I jettisoned it when I saw I’d have to do background research and reading for what looked like every question.

Not a great design for a questionnaire, I feel.

people(perhaps just me) are lazy.

13 minutes ago, antrin said:

Hmmmm.

nothing is really private if it can be used to abuse people.  More openness, honesty and reason would be useful.

i opened the questionnaire, prepared to “share my thoughts “, but I jettisoned it when I saw I’d have to do background research and reading for what looked like every question.

Not a great design for a questionnaire, I feel.

people(perhaps just me) are lazy.

I just don't think it should be a question that needs to be asked. I say again. What reason is there for knowing someone's sexuality in relation to football?

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I just don't think it should be a question that needs to be asked. I say again. What reason is there for knowing someone's sexuality in relation to football?

The OP might be better responding, but till s/he does so...

The fitba world is possibly the least open mainstream institution in the uk/world in which participants appear to be unable to be honest about their sexuality.  Why is that?

Is it down to the owners/managers/other players/fans...?  We just don’t know.  

Knowledge is power.  Power can get things transformed

fwiw

uk Football management is more racist than uk society.  Very few black or Asian ex-players make it to management level.  Doubtless for the same irrational, phobic reasons.

there - I’ve probably offered more of my “thoughts” than the questionnaire could have prised out of me.  :)

1 hour ago, antrin said:

The OP might be better responding, but till s/he does so...

The fitba world is possibly the least open mainstream institution in the uk/world in which participants appear to be unable to be honest about their sexuality.  Why is that?

Is it down to the owners/managers/other players/fans...?  We just don’t know.  

Knowledge is power.  Power can get things transformed

fwiw

uk Football management is more racist than uk society.  Very few black or Asian ex-players make it to management level.  Doubtless for the same irrational, phobic reasons.

there - I’ve probably offered more of my “thoughts” than the questionnaire could have prised out of me.  :)

The survey is asking football fans the questions. And look at the first question.

We have listed some of the reasons behind why this didn't happen below. Please let us know how far you agree or disagree with each of their influence on gay male professional footballers not coming out. 

If they were truly wanting a reasonable answer they surely would have had the option, Because it's none of anyone else's business. Now this wouldn't preclude others in the team knowing. Just not the wider public. They are skewing the survey to encourage a negative outcome. 

The survey is asking football fans the questions. And look at the first question.

We have listed some of the reasons behind why this didn't happen below. Please let us know how far you agree or disagree with each of their influence on gay male professional footballers not coming out. 

If they were truly wanting a reasonable answer they surely would have had the option, Because it's none of anyone else's business. Now this wouldn't preclude others in the team knowing. Just not the wider public. They are skewing the survey to encourage a negative outcome. 

Yes, you are correct on that point and it's this which makes the survey null and void IMO even though there is scope for "other" answers.

The problem with gay footballers feeling they can't come out is more to do with the fact that most footballers will interact socially, meet each others families, share baby and general parenting stories, girlfriend dramas etc. Gay footballers however can't share their stories in general for fear of discrimination. That's the problem which needs fixed.

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, cockles1987 said:

Some stupid question and choices for answers, never written so much in the comments for a survey before. If thats what it takes to educate these so called academics, but hopefully in 10 years theres no need for one anyway.

I've liked your post but I hope it takes a lot less than 10 years. Perhaps too optimistic.

11 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

It's as if he tried to insult you by calling you gay. emoji23.png

Not at all. 

It turns out I was wrong, anyway. @faraway saint has a misses, I know cos her gynaecologist's just been on the phone. He said you're definitely a fanny. He also said Faraway Saint's wife rents hers out to the Welsh yodeling team for practice.

37 minutes ago, GMan said:

Not at all. 

It turns out I was wrong, anyway. @faraway saint has a misses, I know cos her gynaecologist's just been on the phone. He said you're definitely a fanny. He also said Faraway Saint's wife rents hers out to the Welsh yodeling team for practice.

You're getting mixed up, that's your maw yer talking about. :lol:

One thing's not changed, your patters still gash. :byebye