A joke- The 1st Payout

DougJamie

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52047550

I don't often agree with Shull but on the subject of 2 clubs and 40 others, I am in total agreement

So we get 157k along with the other 9 clubs, Well, Sevco, and Septic get 395k

"The rest of the top flight clubs will get £157,500 plus VAT.

The payments dip significantly down the divisions. Championship clubs are due to be paid £26,500 plus VAT, League One clubs £2,700 plus VAT and League Two clubs £1,350 plus VAT."

That is a total insult and shows just where  we are

How the hell can the Bairns, Raith and the rest survive on basically is less than individuals are getting from the Govt...……….

I wonder if Celtic will help their fellow clubs with 100m in Bank- I think I know the answer

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52047550

I don't often agree with Shull but on the subject of 2 clubs and 40 others, I am in total agreement

So we get 157k along with the other 9 clubs, Well, Sevco, and Septic get 395k

"The rest of the top flight clubs will get £157,500 plus VAT.

The payments dip significantly down the divisions. Championship clubs are due to be paid £26,500 plus VAT, League One clubs £2,700 plus VAT and League Two clubs £1,350 plus VAT."

That is a total insult and shows just where  we are

How the hell can the Bairns, Raith and the rest survive on basically is less than individuals are getting from the Govt...……….

I wonder if Celtic will help their fellow clubs with 100m in Bank- I think I know the answer

They'll probably help sevco because they're just another small Scottish football club without them 

More importantly, if sevco want the league to be declared null and void, WHY did it get so much for being second?

especially as (if the league DID get played out) sevco could have been overtaken by a couple of clubs, at least.

St Mirren and the othe mug clubs’ll just suck it up, as usual.

(forgive me for sometimes sounding like “man who watches planes”, but on this subject he is right.)

3 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
26 minutes ago, W6er said:
How can the SPFL justify such a huge disparity? It's convenient that its the top three clubs, so that it's not blatantly obvious that its designed to ensure the Old Firm's survival.

There is no Old Firm any more.

Really?

1621268191_OldFirmNews.jpg.274c9b28d3ee9daefc0a493b52f186ba.jpg

1 minute ago, W6er said:

That's clearly not a sausage. May I suggest you get your eyes tested?

It looks like one and I'm insisting it is one. Someone photoshopping a face and 4 legs doesn't make it a not-sausage.

And if it's NOT a sausage then what the hell have I just eaten?

Edited by oaksoft

22 hours ago, antrin said:

More importantly, if sevco want the league to be declared null and void, WHY did it get so much for being second?

especially as (if the league DID get played out) sevco could have been overtaken by a couple of clubs, at least.

St Mirren and the othe mug clubs’ll just suck it up, as usual.

(forgive me for sometimes sounding like “man who watches planes”, but on this subject he is right.)

Sound arguments. 

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

How can the youngest club in the league be, in any way, old at less than 8 years old?

I agree with the Advertising Standards Agency. It was the firm that administered the club that went bust. The 'new' club plays in the same stadium as the 'old' one. They have the same fans, colours, culture, they retained some of the 'old' club's players (Lee McCulloch?) and the manager. It was a good wind up, but it's worn thin.

Before Rangers, cheated with EBTs, before it failed to pay its tax, went bust and was forced into Administration (out of which - if I recall correctly - its fans failed to rescue it).....

...before such halcyon days for the now dead club can you please produce the tiniest fragment of evidence that there was EVER A FIRM ADMINISTERING that club?

of course, you can’t. It’s a fairy tale, a lie made up to con the gullibly loyal bears..

The Advertising Standards Agency is in the selling of dreams, lies and ambition, not reality.  It. is also happy to let people believe that action men swing down with urgent boxes of chocolates, that hands that do dishes can feel soft as your face  and that beans means Heinz, but they can’t breath life into an organisation that deserved to go bust.  And did.

Also - topical, this - the criminal, known-liar chairman of sevco’s holding company, RIFC,  said last year that he believed that the holding company wheeze was a mistake and he was minded to sort it out.

he couldn’t of course, as his criminal record was too bad for even the feckles SFA to accept him.  That had been the sole reason to invent it....  and to let gullible fans try to forget what actually HAPPENED  in 2012.

but anyway - tonight that particular chair-rat has left that sinking ship... and left some poor Park sucker to try to save it.

long live the King!  Oops.

(btw, your biggest wind-up was having the word “culture” in the same sentence as those fans - either of Rangers OR sevco.   :)  )

30 minutes ago, antrin said:

Before Rangers, cheated with EBTs, before it failed to pay its tax, went bust and was forced into Administration (out of which - if I recall correctly - its fans failed to rescue it).....

...before such halcyon days for the now dead club can you please produce the tiniest fragment of evidence that there was EVER A FIRM ADMINISTERING that club?

of course, you can’t. It’s a fairy tale, a lie made up to con the gullibly loyal bears..

The Advertising Standards Agency is in the selling of dreams, lies and ambition, not reality.  It. is also happy to let people believe that action men swing down with urgent boxes of chocolates, that hands that do dishes can feel soft as your face  and that beans means Heinz, but they can’t breath life into an organisation that deserved to go bust.  And did.

Also - topical, this - the criminal, known-liar chairman of sevco’s holding company, RIFC,  said last year that he believed that the holding company wheeze was a mistake and he was minded to sort it out.

he couldn’t of course, as his criminal record was too bad for even the feckles SFA to accept him.  That had been the sole reason to invent it....  and to let gullible fans try to forget what actually HAPPENED  in 2012.

but anyway - tonight that particular chair-rat has left that sinking ship... and left some poor Park sucker to try to save it.

long live the King!  Oops.

(btw, your biggest wind-up was having the word “culture” in the same sentence as those fans - either of Rangers OR sevco.   :)  )

I wasn't trying to wind anybody up.

I forgot to mention the 'new' club has the same badge and, if memory serves me correctly, wore the same strips as the previous club for their season in Division 2. Aye, they prefixed 'Rangers' with 'The', but this was one of their badges during the 1959-698 period:

RangersFCLogo1959.png.e92ddc7d2466eaf1e01aa05d12ec8369.png

So it's not even a new name, really...

24 minutes ago, W6er said:

I forgot to mention the 'new' club has the same badge and, if memory serves me correctly, wore the same strips as the previous club for their season in Division 2. Aye, they prefixed 'Rangers' with 'The', but this was one of their badges during the 1959-698 period:

The current Airdrieonians play in the same strip, nearly the same name, the same town and have the 1992 Scottish Cup final in their history.

But they are actually Clydebank FC.

Don't be fooled by looks.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The current Airdrieonians play in the same strip, nearly the same name, the same town and have the 1992 Scottish Cup final in their history.

But they are actually Clydebank FC.

Don't be fooled by looks.

They're not really Clydebank, though. It was underhand and immoral what they did, but they're now Airdrieonions again, and I would class them as the same club, albeit with a stain on their history.

8 hours ago, W6er said:

They're not really Clydebank, though. It was underhand and immoral what they did, but they're now Airdrieonions again, and I would class them as the same club, albeit with a stain on their history.

Aye.  Airdrieonions would be as convincing as any name made up by sevconians, such as Rangers International Fc. :lol:

and The Rangers.  :)

I see you couldnae find a fragment of evidence about controlling firms!  Quelle surpris!  

8 hours ago, W6er said:

It’s ok.  We’ve had a few lost souls who have tried to peddle the same bollocks.  No Buddie gets wound up by it.  Pity is our first reflex.

As ye couldnae/didnae produce evidence about the operating firm for the football club, how about finding a copy of the bit of paper showing how the Rangers fans bought their club out of Administration.  Hearts fans can do that.  Dunfermline fans can do that.  Which set of  loyal fans didn’t save their club?

And as for using “The Name” on badges...  How many of the Santa Clauses have you seen that you believed were the REAL Saints?

Finally, a new club which has no money WOULD naturally use any old set of strips found in a cupboard or skip, especially if it was about to embark on a never ending series of Failed and ongoing litigation.  (soon to have a dramatic and expensive end in a High Court near you!)

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Aye.  Airdrieonions would be as convincing as any name made up by sevconians, such as Rangers International Fc. :lol:

and The Rangers.  :)

I see you couldnae find a fragment of evidence about controlling firms!  Quelle surpris!  

I don't see football clubs as businesses. Aye, they have operating costs and there's a financial side to it, but share issues and the like don't sit well with me. It's a football club supported by fans, with a history. As I said the 'two clubs' are almost identical - same strips, badge, fans, songs, stadium - to me that's the same club. 

It’s a different club supported by SOME of the same fans.

(many of the decent ones I knew have done walking away)

“almost identical” will never mean “the same”.

Elvis v Elvis impersonators.

The Beatles V The Ruttles.

Edited by antrin