Start selling next season strip?

39 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Bring in some cash?

Good idea in principle but it's doubtful they're close to finalising a design and almost definitely haven't been in production. With the guidance in place, producing new football strips in the country or elsewhere and importing them in will be far from essential work.

2 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

I'm sure the design is agreed before xmas.@santaponsasaint might have knowledge of dates previously.

If that was the case then we potentially could do a fair bit regarding pre-ordering online. Minimal work from staff that could all be done from home. I'm sure many fans would be happy to part with some money in advance. 

It's still an if regarding the design being finalised. If it hasn't been, I think it would be too big an ask in the current climate.  

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If that was the case then we potentially could do a fair bit regarding pre-ordering online. Minimal work from staff that could all be done from home. I'm sure many fans would be happy to part with some money in advance. 

It's still an if regarding the design being finalised. If it hasn't been, I think it would be too big an ask in the current climate.  

I think the bigger problem in this idea is that creating football strips is not an essential service and so I reckon there would be issues getting them made and posted out.

Design FORFUXSAKE. 

It's black and white traditional stripes. 

It's a St Mirren Top and should be the fecking same every year, with very minor tweaks here and there. 

We don’t want the same shite strip as this season or like the Crap Ayr Unitit efforts from the past. 

It's fecking easy and should already be produced for selling in the Spring when the weather is ideal.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I think the bigger problem in this idea is that creating football strips is not an essential service and so I reckon there would be issues getting them made and posted out.

That related to my first post on the subject. Cockles said there was a chance the strips had already been design. It would be very much on the premise they'd be issued when the situation returns to normal. Of course the other stumbling block would be the when. 

There would need to be a fair bit of good-faith from fans, given that the timescales in getting the shirts aren't known. We both obviously know we have a small number of fans that in no way would give such good faith to SMFC. 

1 hour ago, Dickson said:

I'd imagine this would be correct. I have knowledge through what happens at a few other Scottish Premiership clubs although admittedly not with St Mirren or Joma. 

Given the global situation with manufacturing right now I also wouldn't be very surprised if the kits weren't available on time for the start of the new season. 

I have a sewing machine in the house, I'm sure I could knock out a couple of my own favoured design........

print_all_over_me_3_t-shirt_yin-yang-t-shirt.jpg

2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

When I seen it to start with I did like it, didn't last for long though.

So much prefer this......

Screenshot_20200326-175430_Chrome.jpeg

Just don't ask to see the back emoji54.png

Am I correct to assume that you are in isolation 😀 All these Joma strips from their catalogue