Plans for next season

I think the fairest solution is to just pick the season up from where it left off whenever we can get back to football again.
We have 8 games to go. We just play them first then immediately start the new season. We can fit the extra 8 games in easily over the year by having extra mid week games and no winter break. Its obviously not a 100% perfect situation but nothing is. IMO this does the least damage.
It would be very harsh relegating a team with 8 games to go.
The flaw that might present itself is, if UEFA want to start their comps before we have finished the season.

38 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I think the fairest solution is to just pick the season up from where it left off whenever we can get back to football again.

We have 8 games to go. We just play them first then immediately start the new season. We can fit the extra 8 games in easily over the year by having extra mid week games and no winter break. Its obviously not a 100% perfect situation but nothing is. IMO this does the least damage.

My concern with that is that we lose some players before the 8 games are played and Hearts and Ross County go out and splash the cash and leave us in the bottom two. I genuinely believe that if this season finished when it was supposed to we would have been above both of them. 

It really IS  a conundrum.  :(

1.  announce that the current league positions are the final league positions.

sevco fans would hate that to happen - as it appears some of them don't like Celtic to be so successful.

2. announce that the league is void and that all the prize money should be divided equally among all clubs (especially as financing the continuation of clubs if a genuinely serious problem to contemplate...

sevco fans would hate that as their clumpany is the most likely to go bust in straitened circumstances - sevco NEEDS the third fourth or even second place, if it's lucky,  in the league with its concomitant prize money.

3.  go with Largs Saint's suggestion and finish the old league before starting the next.  That would be hoping and praying that ALL clubs (and a clumpany) can survive till the next set of matches. As in the above point show is prize money to be divvied up?  should it not be paid till a result is known.

sevco fans would really hate that as it would mean Celtic would win two titles in 1 season!  A new world record that sevco will never have.

I must admit, I'm torn...   :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, LargsBud said:

What about players out of contract or returning to their clubs after loan expires. 

12 hours ago, antrin said:

sevco fans would hate that to happen - as it appears some of them don't like Celtic to be so successful.

2. announce that the league is void and that all the prize money should be divided equally among all clubs (especially as financing the continuation of clubs if a genuinely serious problem to contemplate...

sevco fans would hate that as their clumpany is the most likely to go bust in straitened circumstances - sevco NEEDS the third fourth or even second place, if it's lucky,  in the league with its concomitant prize money.

3.  go with Largs Saint's suggestion and finish the old league before starting the next.  That would be hoping and praying that ALL clubs (and a clumpany) can survive till the next set of matches. As in the above point show is prize money to be divvied up?  should it not be paid till a result is known.

sevco fans would really hate that as it would mean Celtic would win two titles in 1 season!  A new world record that sevco will never have.

Wouldn't be much time to make the fixtures list up for next season since we wouldn't know who is going to be in the league till the final day of the playoff. 

Could be hard to price and sell season tickets since some clubs wouldn't know what league they would be in.

Anything that annoy the bigots the most gets my vote   👍

12 hours ago, antrin said:

Option 2 is not a go-er. Apparently if the season is declared void the TV people do not have to pay out. So declare as is or try and finish which is looking increasingly unlikely.

21 hours ago, Oldfellow said:

My concern with that is that we lose some players before the 8 games are played and Hearts and Ross County go out and splash the cash and leave us in the bottom two. I genuinely believe that if this season finished when it was supposed to we would have been above both of them. 

This is my main concern. My feeling is, if the games can't be completed by the expiry of summer contracts (which is pretty much a certainty now) then the season can't be completed because it would be unfair. Will take different teams different lengths of time to adjust. 

I am now leaning towards null and void and hopefully they can use it to put in place some sort of beneficial league reconstruction that benefits the most teams long term. 

17 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

This is my main concern. My feeling is, if the games can't be completed by the expiry of summer contracts (which is pretty much a certainty now) then the season can't be completed because it would be unfair. Will take different teams different lengths of time to adjust. 

I am now leaning towards null and void and hopefully they can use it to put in place some sort of beneficial league reconstruction that benefits the most teams long term. 

If the season is considered null and void then the TV revenue is in danger of being withheld. It would make more sense to finish the season either behind closed doors if possible with PPV  TV  or just end it with the current positions.

14 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

If the season is considered null and void then the TV revenue is in danger of being withheld. It would make more sense to finish the season either behind closed doors if possible with PPV  TV  or just end it with the current positions.

Yeah I know that would be tough but these are my prioritise in all this. 

1. People's healthy

2. Sporting integrity

3. Finances 

I know it would be great to get it done and finished behind closed doors but for me, contact expiry is the deadline. There is a real risk that County & Hearts could be in much stronger positions than St Mirren at the end of this through no fault of our own I don't think it's fair for that to be the factor in us potentially getting relegated. 

After reflecting, declaring is completely off the table for me as it just wouldn't meet point 2. 

18 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

What's the benefit of playing behind closed doors? 

Some Atlantic league whispers again. That would be a fantastic outcome to all this. Can you imagine from say 2021 onward an Atlantic league that take the bigot brothers away from us and Scottish football can return to competitive. 

Teams like Celtic, Sevco, Ajax, PSV , Feyenoord, Bruges, Gent, Leige, Copenhagen, Brondby, Young Boys, Basel, Zurich, Malmo, Goteborg. All playing together in a super league format would be pretty interesting and a no doubt financial boom. Would allow the young Scottish players at Celtic and Sevco a better platform (if they played any I suppose) 

Scottish football could adjust to a more reasonable and competitive level. Less money sure but more opportunity for young Scottish players, cheaper tickets probably and a return of fans that have left the game. Everyone wins. 

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Some Atlantic league whispers again. That would be a fantastic outcome to all this. Can you imagine from say 2021 onward an Atlantic league that take the bigot brothers away from us and Scottish football can return to competitive. 

Teams like Celtic, Sevco, Ajax, PSV , Feyenoord, Bruges, Gent, Leige, Copenhagen, Brondby, Young Boys, Basel, Zurich, Malmo, Goteborg. All playing together in a super league format would be pretty interesting and a no doubt financial boom. Would allow the young Scottish players at Celtic and Sevco a better platform (if they played any I suppose) 

Scottish football could adjust to a more reasonable and competitive level. Less money sure but more opportunity for young Scottish players, cheaper tickets probably and a return of fans that have left the game. Everyone wins. 

So who would you want to be given the Family Stand, if that came to pass?  :whistle

Edited by antrin

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

What's the benefit of playing behind closed doors? 

It's more to do with finishing the season. Look. There's less and less chance of this season finishing in the normal way. 

IF the authorities are really determined to finish the campaign, the likelihood is they won't be doing it with crowds in the stadium.

Whether it's feasible to get these games done depends on if the players are fit enough to do so. 

If we accept the fact the powers that be won't want to have the season continuing well into next term then the alternatives are to either end it as is or find a way to play it to a finish. IF the clubs could get their fans to buy into pay viewing and splitting this money between those clubs then it might generate a bit to offset no crowds. 

Not ideal. Not even close. But what is the other options?

Just now, stlucifer said:

It's more to do with finishing the season. Look. There's less and less chance of this season finishing in the normal way. 

IF the authorities are really determined to finish the campaign, the likelihood is they won't be doing it with crowds in the stadium.

Whether it's feasible to get these games done depends on if the players are fit enough to do so. 

If we accept the fact the powers that be won't want to have the season continuing well into next term then the alternatives are to either end it as is or find a way to play it to a finish. IF the clubs could get their fans to buy into pay viewing and splitting this money between those clubs then it might generate a bit to offset no crowds. 

Has it crossed your mind that the PLAYERS might be in danger at the stupidity of this idea? :blink:

By the time social distancing is at an end it will be too late unless of course we play non contact, stand 2m away type football !!!

Just now, faraway saint said:

You'll need to do better than that after your recent meltdown. :lol:

I don't need to do anything other than to continue to remind myself never to over-estimate the intelligence of certain posters again. Now I know why retailers put warnings all over their products. See that warning on bags of peanuts which says - "may contain nuts"? And the "don't use this hairdryer whilst taking a shower"?  Those warnings are specifically for people like you.

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

That's why I said IF the players are fit enough to do so.

Eh?

What's being "fit" got to do with it? :lol:

Jeezo, IF this virus is still dong the rounds the players could be in danger as, in case you've not noticed, footballers get closer than 2 metres.

If it's not doing the rounds, then why the need for no crowd?

Now, take a few minutes, you will see it I'm sure. 

Just now, oaksoft said:

I don't need to do anything other than to continue to remind myself never to over-estimate the intelligence of certain posters again. Now I know why retailers put warnings all over their products. See that warning on bags of peanuts which says - "may contain nuts"? And the "don't use this hairdryer whilst taking a shower"?  Those warnings are specifically for people like you.

Says the guy who refused to accept there were no food shortages, and was one of the panic buyers, believing "social media" over retail experts. :lol:

Says the guy who refused to believe the Italian medical officer who said the number of deaths was to reduce in a few days, despite your hilarious graphs.:lol:

Says the guy who has been scaremongering since this started. :lol:

I think you best crawl away, it's what you do when you get pumped. :byebye