Plans for next season

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, IF this virus is still dong the rounds the players could be in danger as, in case you've not noticed, footballers get closer than 2 metres.

Unless we're planning to put out a Pensioners XI, why would the players be in danger of what you have repeatedly downplayed as the "fecking flu"?

You laughed at the idea that young people could be in danger from this and now you're hyperventilating at the thought of the peril we could be putting them in.

Calm down dear!

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Unless we're planning to put out a Pensioners XI, why would the player be in danger of what you have repeatedly described as the "fecking flu"?

You laughed at the idea that young people could be in danger from this and now you're hyperventilating at the thought of the peril we could be putting them in.

Calm down dear!

I don't make the rules. :lol:

PS How's your graph for today looking? :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Eh?

What's being "fit" got to do with it? :lol:

Jeezo, IF this virus is still dong the rounds the players could be in danger as, in case you've not noticed, footballers get closer than 2 metres.

If it's not doing the rounds, then why the need for no crowd?

Now, take a few minutes, you will see it I'm sure. 

And how do you think the extract strategy is going to go genius? The virus isn't going to go away completely, The world isn't going to stay closed until a vaccine becomes available. There will be a time when things start to open slowly. Smaller shops allowed to reopen. People allowed to gather in small numbers. Etc, etc.

ETA

Now. Take a few hours to let it sink in.

Edited by stlucifer

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

And how do you think the extract strategy is going to go genius? The virus isn't going to go away completely, The world isn't going to stay closed until a vaccine becomes available. There will be a time when things start to open slowly. Smaller shops allowed to reopen. People allowed to gather in small numbers. Etc, etc.

I think you're having a nightmare.

You said games could be played behind closed doors.

Why? 

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I think you're having a nightmare.

You said games could be played behind closed doors.

Why? 

You're either stupid or illiterate. Try reading my post. 30 odd fit people could potentially be able to be in one place WHEN the lockdown is being relaxed. At some point there will be people beginning to return to what they do before mass gatherings are allowed. I did state it was a possible alternative.

51 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

You're either stupid or illiterate. Try reading my post. 30 odd fit people could potentially be able to be in one place WHEN the lockdown is being relaxed. At some point there will be people beginning to return to what they do before mass gatherings are allowed. I did state it was a possible alternative.

Dear oh dear. 

What a fool. 

I tried working out a way this could be done.

My thoughts were for a squad of twenty with several teams sharing something like a hotel. So you'd need a number of hotel staff for cooking, cleaning, maintenance. Then there's club staff, managers, coaches, physios, doctors. There might even be a requirement for a staffed ambulance at any game. Match officials......

Not as easy as it initially sounded.

Latest update from the club is season tickets for next season will be on sale from Monday. This is in way of allowing people that want to financially help, being able to do so with a tangible benefit and to support the payment of staff at this time. 

Club has also said staff will get paid 100% of wages during this time, with them making up the difference from the job retention scheme. Fantastic message from SMFC. 

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Latest update from the club is season tickets for next season will be on sale from Monday. This is in way of allowing people that want to financially help, being able to do so with a tangible benefit and to support the payment of staff at this time. 

Club has also said staff will get paid 100% of wages during this time, with them making up the difference from the job retention scheme. Fantastic message from SMFC. 

Well played Saints, good decision and means they can get help but also ensure no-one is out of pocket. You can learn a lot about the ethos of organisations by how they respond to this.

Ann Budge should take note.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

I wonder how this would effect loan players like Waters since he not our player, and at the moment Kilmarnock hasn't gone down the job retention scheme but I expect they will soon. 

11 hours ago, stlucifer said:

You are a dimwit thinking football matches will go ahead before people are allowed to go and watch games.

It's taken you about 4 posts to try to explain what was obvious from your first attempt.

Time will tell, ya dullard. :byebye

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

No season ticket purchasing from me until it is absolutely certain the league will go ahead and I will be allowed in to watch games.

Edited by buddiecat

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

You are a dimwit thinking football matches will go ahead before people are allowed to go and watch games.

It's taken you about 4 posts to try to explain what was obvious from your first attempt.

Time will tell, ya dullard. :byebye

So say 1st game back is the ugly sisters.Do you honestly believe there will be a full house?

5 hours ago, Hendo said:

Well played Saints, good decision and means they can get help but also ensure no-one is out of pocket. You can learn a lot about the ethos of organisations by how they respond to this.

Ann Budge should take note.

Whilst that is correct, I'd say a lot of our team and almost all non playing staff are covered by the £2.5k per month cap.

Of course some higher earners will be getting topped up by a greater amount but I don't imagine it will be that many. Whereas clubs like Hearts will struggle a lot more to top up the wages to 100% as the £2.5k per month will be a small percentage of their highest earners salaries. 

I’m very much in the category of wanting to support the club in any way possible but I’m confused with this season ticket thing.

How can the club accurately price season tickets when it is not yet certain what league we will be playing in. No decision has been taken re this season, so in theory we could still be relegated and no decision has been made on any potential change of format.

So are the club expecting fans to pay Premiership prices to for potentially championship games.?

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m very much in the category of wanting to support the club in any way possible but I’m confused with this season ticket thing.

How can the club accurately price season tickets when it is not yet certain what league we will be playing in. No decision has been taken re this season, so in theory we could still be relegated and no decision has been made on any potential change of format.

So are the club expecting fans to pay Premiership prices to for potentially championship games.?

Maybe they know that the league will be declared and that we're finishing 9th, lol

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aye, mate. The club are clearly trying to rip us all aff! Bastards! :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

We are in mid April and daily deaths are sky rocketing. The latest science suggests we might peak in two weeks or thereabouts.

That'll be close to the end of April.

Judging by most other countries we can look forward to perhaps several weeks of a plateau before a gradual reduction of perhaps another few weeks. An estimate of 10 more weeks in total is not unrealistic IMO before the removal of lockdown can be considered. By then we are into July.

There's no prospect of the current season being finished and theefire no chance of us being in any league other than this one.

The club are making a judgment call based on a tiny risk of relegation if the season restarts against the very real risk of bankruptcy if money doesn't start coming in soon.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

We are in mid April and daily deaths are sky rocketing. The latest science suggests we might peak in two weeks or thereabouts.

That'll be close to the end of April.

Judging by most other countries we can look forward to perhaps several weeks of a plateau before a gradual reduction of perhaps another few weeks. An estimate of 10 more weeks in total is not unrealistic IMO before the removal of lockdown can be considered. By then we are into July.

There's no prospect of the current season being finished and theefire no chance of us being in any league other than this one.

The club are making a judgment call based on a tiny risk of relegation if the season restarts against the very real risk of bankruptcy if money doesn't start coming in soon.

Could you show us the evidence that this is a "very real" possibility? :rolleyes:

My reading of it was that they were responding to fans who had expressed a wish to support the club financially and have done this so that those fans can do so and have something to show for it, for those showing faux outrage there is no compulsion on anyone to purchase the season ticket.

We'll be a Premiership team next season as this season has little chance of finishing now. The NHS is on emergency footing until at least June 10th so 'normality' won't return before then. Clubs say they need 6 weeks to get a team back up and prepared for a restart. EUFA want next season to start as normal so they can get Champions League and Europa League underway.

So don't worry that the Club is trying to rip you off default_smile.png