Plans for next season

12 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m very much in the category of wanting to support the club in any way possible but I’m confused with this season ticket thing.

How can the club accurately price season tickets when it is not yet certain what league we will be playing in. No decision has been taken re this season, so in theory we could still be relegated and no decision has been made on any potential change of format.

So are the club expecting fans to pay Premiership prices to for potentially championship games.?

I don't think there were much of a change if any, in prices the last time we went down to the championship. 

Sure the club said the prices for next season would be the same as this season. 

14 hours ago, buddiecat said:

No season ticket purchasing from me until it is absolutely certain the league will go ahead and I will be allowed in to watch games.

That's an absolutely fine and fair outlook to have. The update says this has been put in place despite the unknowns, to allow those that want to financially help the club to do so. You'll get some that none of that matters when it comes to doing what they can to help the team they love. Neither way is right or wrong. 

16 hours ago, Tommy said:

I wonder how this would effect loan players like Waters since he not our player, and at the moment Kilmarnock hasn't gone down the job retention scheme but I expect they will soon. 

Some stuff came out this morning about the extension of player contracts and movement of transfer windows, don't fully understand it on the details given but hopefully it extends to loans. I assume it will have to be at players discretion as well. 

14 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Whilst that is correct, I'd say a lot of our team and almost all non playing staff are covered by the £2.5k per month cap.

Of course some higher earners will be getting topped up by a greater amount but I don't imagine it will be that many. Whereas clubs like Hearts will struggle a lot more to top up the wages to 100% as the £2.5k per month will be a small percentage of their highest earners salaries. 

Yes good point

Naismith 15k now on £7500 and Boyce still on £10000, Budge is all air, she has taken a saved club and killed it...…………

Lets see if the SPFL decide to save them, I cant see it happening

Regarding players  extending contract beyond their current dates to finish this season (if it comes to pass), presumably this will have to be applied to all players even those who are out of the first team picture - which would be additional expenditure in itself at a time when any extra income generated from these matches is liable to be minimal.

Just saying as It might be turn out to be important because next season's (at least) structure is up in the air at present and depending on how hard the economic downturn turns out to be it may be that every club's income will be down and possibly for a few seasons after that.

Ooops should've read the curtailment post two above!!

What's the plan for Hearts - or have I totally lost the ability to read?

Edited by Bud the Baker

Latest news confirms the Game in Scotland is corrupt as it always has been. 

Totally screwed and fecked. 

Do what you think is correct with your own money regarding spending it on following St Mirren via Season Tickets or any other way. 

I am thrilled to spend my on non professional footballing activities and also at McHargs the Bakers where the Scotch Pies are out of this World. 

Soccer :lol:

Can anyone shine light on how they've been able to do away with the 11-1 vote rule for likely the biggest single decision in any of our lives regarding Scottish football?

I am categorically against that structure but I just don't understand how they can pick and choose when it's used? Hopefully this is used to remove the ridiculous rule once and for all. 

40 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Can anyone shine light on how they've been able to do away with the 11-1 vote rule for likely the biggest single decision in any of our lives regarding Scottish football?

I am categorically against that structure but I just don't understand how they can pick and choose when it's used? Hopefully this is used to remove the ridiculous rule once and for all. 

It's always been the case that only certain votes require 11-1. I think the majority of decisions are either 8-4 or 10-2.

18 hours ago, oaksoft said:

We are in mid April and daily deaths are sky rocketing. The latest science suggests we might peak in two weeks or thereabouts.

That'll be close to the end of April.

Judging by most other countries we can look forward to perhaps several weeks of a plateau before a gradual reduction of perhaps another few weeks. An estimate of 10 more weeks in total is not unrealistic IMO before the removal of lockdown can be considered. By then we are into July.

There's no prospect of the current season being finished and theefire no chance of us being in any league other than this one.

The club are making a judgment call based on a tiny risk of relegation if the season restarts against the very real risk of bankruptcy if money doesn't start coming in soon.

Aye. Don’t dispute the possibilities of anything other than us playing in the Premiership next season are extremely remote to say the least. Just thought it was a strange (or maybe just bold) move.

14 hours ago, StanleySaint said:
On 4/7/2020 at 9:25 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
I’m very much in the category of wanting to support the club in any way possible but I’m confused with this season ticket thing.
How can the club accurately price season tickets when it is not yet certain what league we will be playing in. No decision has been taken re this season, so in theory we could still be relegated and no decision has been made on any potential change of format.
So are the club expecting fans to pay Premiership prices to for potentially championship games.?

My reading of it was that they were responding to fans who had expressed a wish to support the club financially and have done this so that those fans can do so and have something to show for it, for those showing faux outrage there is no compulsion on anyone to purchase the season ticket.

Re the first part of your response, fair dos if that was the case. Re the final part, not sure if that was directed at me or not, but for the avoidance of doubt, there was absolutely zero outrage in my part, faux or otherwise. 

14 hours ago, Sonny said:

We'll be a Premiership team next season as this season has little chance of finishing now. The NHS is on emergency footing until at least June 10th so 'normality' won't return before then. Clubs say they need 6 weeks to get a team back up and prepared for a restart. EUFA want next season to start as normal so they can get Champions League and Europa League underway.

So don't worry that the Club is trying to rip you off default_smile.png

You’re going to need to point out to me where I said or even remotely suggested the club was trying to rip me off. 

13 hours ago, Tommy said:

I don't think there were much of a change if any, in prices the last time we went down to the championship. 

Sure the club said the prices for next season would be the same as this season. 

The club said season ticket prices would be the same next year even if we were in the Chanpionship??

Would be surprised if that was the case but fair dos if is. 

Guest TPAFKATS
I'm hearing that there will be a 13 team Premiership unless the season can be ended. 
Completely bonkers, so yeah it's probably being considered by the league.

In these unprecedented times, the SPFL need to stop the agendas and make a decision. Its not hard on Thistle / Hearts or even Stranraer, they are bottom for a reason.

End the season, pay clubs, finish the SC when we get back or make it a season showstopper finale when possible.

Do i care if Celtic with 30/ 100 times the playing budget are crowned champions ?

Do I care if Hearts, who have not just been the worst team this year, but also the worst team for the whole of 2019 are relegated ?

What I do care about is the community clubs- who have simply supported just that...…….

The Needs of the many and all that 

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

In these unprecedented times, the SPFL need to stop the agendas and make a decision. Its not hard on Thistle / Hearts or even Stranraer, they are bottom for a reason.

End the season, pay clubs, finish the SC when we get back or make it a season showstopper finale when possible.

Do i care if Celtic with 30/ 100 times the playing budget are crowned champions ?

Do I care if Hearts, who have not just been the worst team this year, but also the worst team for the whole of 2019 are relegated ?

What I do care about is the community clubs- who have simply supported just that...…….

The Needs of the many and all that 

Not sure you'd be seeing it that way had we lost to Hearts.

Fine lines. 

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not sure you'd be seeing it that way had we lost to Hearts.

Fine lines. 

Indeed

However as its a results based business, I don't need to see it that way- we won a match we got 3 points , they got 0.....End of

Something that escapes Hearts

20 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Shows how important the game against Hearts was - I'm pretty sure if Hearts had won the game and gone above us they'd be voting to put us down. :fire

Obika! :clapping

He might also have made the club a lot more ££££££ due to jumping to 9th in the league from 11th by scoring that 1 goal  :)

19 hours ago, stlucifer said:

It's always been the case that only certain votes require 11-1. I think the majority of decisions are either 8-4 or 10-2.

Yeah I thought the high level ones were 11-1 though. Like league reconstruction, change in income distribution. Surely such a massive call would fall under this bracket as well? I tried to find the section in the rule book but didn't have any luck. 

18 hours ago, guinness said:

Wary of buying a season ticket then they bring colts into the league structure. That finishes me if they do that.

This is a very good point. It's been shown there is no appetite for this at the lower club levels and fans are almost universally against it (bar the biggest clubs). If this was forced through without fan consultation I would be very disappointed. 

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yeah I thought the high level ones were 11-1 though. Like league reconstruction, change in income distribution. Surely such a massive call would fall under this bracket as well? I tried to find the section in the rule book but didn't have any luck. 

Premiership votes are 11-1 to pass anything affecting their own League.. Championship is 8-2 and the 15-5 for the other 20 clubs.

The 75% is for a vote that covers the whole SPFL.

Edited by Sonny
sp

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Premiership votes are 11-1 to pass anything affecting their own League.. Championship is 8-2 and the 15-5 for the other 20 clubs.

The 75% is for a vote that covers the whole SPFL.

Thanks for that, do you know if it would mean an additional vote at 11-1 if they decide to extend it to SP? Reason I ask is I'm pretty sure that's the case for league reconstruction if it impacts the top flight as well as lower divisions.