Plans for next season

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Thanks for that, do you know if it would mean an additional vote at 11-1 if they decide to extend it to SP? Reason I ask is I'm pretty sure that's the case for league reconstruction if it impacts the top flight as well as lower divisions. 

I believe that a general issue that effects all the Clubs (sponsorship for example) requires a 75% vote from all the Clubs to carry it.

As League reconstruction will affect each League individually then each League would have to vote it through with the Premiership on the 11-1 basis and the other Leagues on their 8-2 and 15-5 basis. (Percentage voting is in favour for the Premiership and Championship). That is my understanding anyway.

Edited by Sonny

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

He might also have made the club a lot more ££££££ due to jumping to 9th in the league from 11th by scoring that 1 goal  :)

Yeah perhaps in 10-15 years we'll reflect on that goal in the same way we do Hugh Murray's against Stirling back in 98! :happyclapper

To the tune of Proud Mary (and with apologies to CCR)

If you go down to  Greenhill Road

Then you're gonna find some people who live

You don't need to worry, we've got Hughie Murray! 

Him & Jon Obika are happy to score

Durmus twistin' and turnin'

Lee Hodson keeps on runnin'

Rollin' (rollin) Rollin' (rollin) Rollin' with the Saint Murn

Rollin' (rollin) Rollin' (rollin) Rollin' with the Saint Murn

tumbleweed.gif

24 minutes ago, antrin said:

The League won't now be restarting till AT LEAST June 10.

Yep, really find it difficult to see this season getting finished properly.

Not even able to train prior to that date, would be like a restart with no "pre season " like preparations.

Loans up, pre contracts, out of contracts, don't even know what a team could look like.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/coronavirus-joint-response-group-update-9-april/?rid=13929

Edited by alanb

1 hour ago, antrin said:

The League won't now be restarting till AT LEAST June 10.

Add in the 6 weeks of training and it could be late July or early August. Of course, resumption of training through relaxation of the lockdown well before June will move critical.

Edited by nedflanders123

Have not really been following threads last few weeks. Understand st mirren is a business just like any other and has to put a business head on, but this is also sport and we will eventually emerge form this worldwide crisis and enter a new, changed world. I still maintain that by all means sell season tickets etc but l want to see this season finished even if it is in the autumn. Result it take short break and then play truncated 22 game season. Old firm would still get their four games two for this season and two for next. Does cause a problem for value of season tickets but l cannot abide the idea of teams being relegated just because of where they are and Falkirk would also lose out and we would never hear the end of Celtic nine in a row being tainted

9 minutes ago, HSS said:

Something went wrong in the planning stage and now he’s changed his mind. 🤪

07F747E6-6ED7-498C-82A6-21B13F847077.jpeg

He should have told the Hearts manager and players this plan...…………

The self interest in our game, out with what is the biggest crisis in most of our lifetimes is staggering .

The one thing that they say is that the League table does not lie. With 4 wins in 30 games how can Hearts possibly claim to stay up. Only league reconstruction can save them, and that has never been done previously in a "live " season

I understand that league reconstruction requires firstly, 11 out 12 clubs voting for it, before it passes on to the other Leagues. With that in mind, who is going to vote against it? Well going by the self interest side, Hibs well do so, just takes one more club, and again, in the present theme ,Ross County may want to deny Caley .

Its time for Leadership however we have the clowns at the SPFL to decide, 

We have a much better SKY deal kicking off in August and that will take precedence here.

Have not really been following threads last few weeks. Understand st mirren is a business just like any other and has to put a business head on, but this is also sport and we will eventually emerge form this worldwide crisis and enter a new, changed world. I still maintain that by all means sell season tickets etc but l want to see this season finished even if it is in the autumn. Result it take short break and then play truncated 22 game season. Old firm would still get their four games two for this season and two for next. Does cause a problem for value of season tickets but l cannot abide the idea of teams being relegated just because of where they are and Falkirk would also lose out and we would never hear the end of Celtic nine in a row being tainted
The chances of the season finishing are almost nil for several reasons.

1) we are running out of time. Players' contracts are running down and it would not be sporting integrity to continue beyond June 30th when some clubs will be weakened and some strengthened.

2) the SPFL have a huge sponsership for next season with Sky. Delays in that could delay or jeapordise the whole contract.

3) UEFA want their competitions (Champions league &, Europa League) to start as soon as the new season starts therefore want all countries to have teams ready for that. They also want the Euros 21 to start on time.

These reasons will override any moaning from Hearts or Thistle.

3 hours ago, HSS said:

Seemingly Dundee FC have come up with a plan to save our game............or is it to save themselves.

Award the titles to the Clubs at the top but have no promotion or relegation. 😳

I heard their proposal was that the Premiership should be expanded to 14 now. Then, when the season is curtailed, the bottom two in the new Premiership should be relegated and the top two in the new Championship are promoted.

Apparently Hearts would be happy with this.

Edited by stlucifer

4 hours ago, HSS said:

Seemingly Dundee FC have come up with a plan to save our game............or is it to save themselves.

Award the titles to the Clubs at the top but have no promotion or relegation. 😳

Given the money city rivals United appear to have thrown at this season's league campaign perhaps it's an attempt to bankrupt their neighbours. :rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS
Indeed
However as its a results based business, I don't need to see it that way- we won a match we got 3 points , they got 0.....End of

Something that escapes Hearts
Hearts are 6 points from safety, 2 or 3(?) from a play off spot with rest of the bottom 6 still to play.

I don't agree with awarding title, European spots and relegation with 21% of games still to be played. I'd rather complete season when we can and start next season late even if it means no league Cup and reconstruction to shorten next season.

Guest TPAFKATS
Award the titles to the Clubs at the top but have no promotion or relegation. [emoji15]
In amongst a lot of hot air, that's got to be the most bonkers one yet.

If The Rangers' suggestion is to void the season and hand out the prize money I can only assume that as the results are void that the relevant prize money is distributed evenly among the Premiership clubs or better still all the prize money for the four leagues is divided evenly among all the SPFL clubs, what a mananimous gesture on their part that would be but I suspect that isn't what they are saying.