Plans for next season

36 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

This is how i understand it, but I could be wrong:

There has to be a minimum of 75% (9) of clubs in the Premiership, 75% (8) of the Championship and 75% (15) of Leagues 1 & 2 (combined) voting in favour plus, I think, a minimum of 80% (34) of clubs all in. As it stands, the Premiership (10) and Leagues 1 & 2 (16) have passed the resolution but the Championship (7) have not, with the total in favour at this time being 33. The one club to vote in the Championship is needed for the Championship to pass it and it will also take the total over 80%, irrespective if how the other two clubs (who have yet to vote) cast their votes.

There is now only one club to vote. Dundee. See my previous post.

7 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
40 minutes ago, stlucifer said:
There is now only one club to vote. Dundee. See my previous post.

The last thing I could see was that there was one from each group still to vote. Whether or not that is the case, it still all relies on that one vote in the Championship, as I said.

As you say. Whichever of us is right, the important one is Dundee. 

Guest TPAFKATS
You would think eh?! In any configuration the required percentage of 75% You'd think that those squealing about 'integrity' would take stock of that. That a vote that 85% of clubs want, several of whom where this vote will help them survive this crisis, may not go through as 6 clubs... Clubs who for various reasons have failed themselves all season in not being good enough, decided it didn't serve their best interests to look at the bigger picture. 

There has been a vote taken that was supposed to be anonymous.
No club should be bullied into voting with the rest as the SPFL have released the interim results.
The whole process is flawed.

43 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

There has been a vote taken that was supposed to be anonymous.
No club should be bullied into voting with the rest as the SPFL have released the interim results.
The whole process is flawed.

Flawed yes, but the outcome is that Dundee are now in a spectacularly strong position, I anticipate an improved settlement to teams currently in the promotion play-off positions which would help the likes ICT & Falkirk - Kerchiiiiiing! . 

12 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

It's a fukin shambles. You wonder why Scottish football repeatedly gets things so badly wrong.  

The only thing they have managed to get right in recent years was getting Rod Stewart to do the Scottish Cup draw. 

12 minutes ago, munoz said:

It's a fukin shambles. You wonder why Scottish football repeatedly gets things so badly wrong.  

The only thing they have managed to get right in recent years was getting Rod Stewart to do the Scottish Cup draw. 

Bribery and corruption, incompetence, conspiracies, childish bickering...at least it's entertaining! :lol: Unfortunately some clubs depend on these idiots for a lifeline. 

It's from The Sun, but:

It’s understood there’s plenty of support for that on the SPFL board and if Dundee’s vote allows them to end the season now, the timescale will allow talks to start immediately.

A 14-team top flight with teams playing each other twice then splitting into a top six and bottom eight who play each other a further twice, is the preferred option.

Source: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5484409/dundee-could-propose-league-reconstruction-spfl-nelms/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=scottishsunfootballfacebook&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1586641056

That is exactly what I want!

It won't be that if we restart the season minus half our current first team who's contracts will have expired.

I’ve read both articles and it is clear someone is lying. All I can say is......

....thank the Lord for Jon Obika.

9 hours ago, W6er said:

It's from The Sun, but:

It’s understood there’s plenty of support for that on the SPFL board and if Dundee’s vote allows them to end the season now, the timescale will allow talks to start immediately.

A 14-team top flight with teams playing each other twice then splitting into a top six and bottom eight who play each other a further twice, is the preferred option.

That is exactly what I want!

Only if it's on a permanent basis, if it's only for a season or two then I reckon we'd be better off with the status quo - let's not forget the last time the league expanded temporarily to save an Embra team (90/91) we were relegated the following season.

Hearts prob'ly won't be that bad two seasons in a row, a resurgent Dundee Utd. with a US sugar daddy (although there's no guarantee the latter will still be the case) would both stronger than us which would leave us in a division with three teams going down with 4 maybe 5 likely candidate - ICT, Hamilton, Ross County, ourselves and maybe Livi.

I suppose 2 automatic relegation spots and one based on play-offs would be pretty much the status quo but to repeat myself in the case of a temporary expansion our self interest would be in voting against - at least as a bargaining ploy!

Edited by Bud the Baker

25 minutes ago, Genius said:

That is the reality of the situation. Clubs selling season tickets for a season that won't start are well out of order IMO. We shouldn't be ending this football season either. If the sport is to maintain credibility the season should be completed without any time constraints. 

The reality of the situation is that this season will not and should not be completed, and that next season will not in any way or form follow its "normal" format.

Edited by FTOF

49 minutes ago, Genius said:

There are only two valid options. Either you void the whole season and pay back fans, TV companies, sponsors etc, or you complete the season as and when it is safe to do so.

The idea of running a race, then terminating it early and handing out the prizes is utterly ridiculous, stupid and lacks any credibility whatsoever. There is no integrity in selling a 38 game season and then calling it after 29 matches. 

Integrity? When has that ever been part of football?

Finishing the season early, is as valid an option as the others you mention.

I don't care what they do. However, they will never be able to finish this season, unless they use up a significant part of next season.

Anyone who thinks that the season will start in August is living in fantasy land.

5 minutes ago, Genius said:

Completely agree with your final sentence but all that says to me is there is absolutely no reason for this incomprehensible and indecent rush to finish the current season. UEFA have announced they intend to complete this seasons European Champions League and Euro Cup - so why the rush to put this season to bed in Scotland? 

There is nothing to stop the SPFL playing out minimum levels of prize money for each division to help member clubs out, whilst keeping the rest back for paying out once the season concludes. The transfer window is a complete red herring. Historically players changed clubs at any point in a league season - so when football eventually resumes clubs can easily recruit their squads to finish the season off. Football chairmen who think they are going to be recruiting players for an August start to the season are living in cuckoo land. What agent in their right mind is going to let his client sign for a club that offers £8k per week, but wants him to take furlough until matches start?

UEFA are also living in fantasy land.

If you really are a genius maybe you could invent a time machine to allow us to complete season 19-20 on schedule and get us started on a full 38 fixture 20-21 season in August. That would be as sensible a solution as some of the arguments being spouted by certain SPFL spokespersons.

We'd all be grateful.