Plans for next season

I think it’s pretty clear this season is done so I am going to work on that assumption for my take on next season. 

The club is in a great position to continue it’s progress. That’s now FOUR seasons in a row we have improved our position on the last. Fantastic achievement for the interim BOD & further confirming that structure including Tony & Gus is a good un. (And that the DOF (TD) model certainly didn’t fail 🤣)

we seem to be one of the most financially secure clubs in Scotland, out of those that have given their position, no reason we can’t push even further up this league.

COYS

20 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Meeting at 5 tonight. Hearts slashed ST for next season, hmmmmmm

Cant see reconstruction as it effects the SKY deal...…...

So planning ahead...…….. lets just finish ahead of County and Accies just like this season :wink:

No doubt Tony will want the title

Is Hearts reduction not down to this season most probably not being finished? 

The more you think about it....

Can you imagine going for a piss during play & squeezing by people, the halftime que at the toilets, getting out when the game gets finished (although that could possibly be managed if t'were done row by row) - any of these pre-vaccine while complying with social distancing?

Edited by Bud the Baker

19 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Just remember that we are only in round 1 of a boxing match. Until a cure or a vaccine can be found we are basically fighting against an invisible enemy. This madness will have a fair number of rounds still to go.

In the unlikely event of the season starting in August, matches will be played in empty stadiums for a while IMO.

Unless, by some miracle, the virus spread is halted over the summer months.

The same goes for recreational air travel. Do you want to take the chance, even if you're given the option, of going on holiday and getting infected and/or bringing it back to affect your family?

Anybody with a foreign holiday booked, particularly in Europe or the USA , will be unlikely to be able to travel.

I've already written off Rome in July.

Edited by FTOF

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

In the unlikely event of the season starting in August, matches will be played in empty stadiums for a while IMO.

The same goes for recreational air travel. Do you want to take the chance, even if you're given the option, of going on holiday and getting infected and/or bringing it back to affect your family?

Anybody with a foreign holiday booked, particularly in Europe or the USA , will be unlikely to be able to travel.

I've actually written off 2021 for foreign travel as well. 

I was planning to go to Orlando in October of next year. In a very (VERY) worst case scenario, there will be no flights to be had yet and restrictions still in place. In a very best case scenario, a massive amount of those who didn't get in 2020 have rebooked for 2021, flights are a fortune and hard to come by and going over there, park queues, even in the relatively quiet time of October are several hours long.

Nah, I'll hold off on that.

I'm going to Spain at the end of June. [emoji16]

I need a holiday, and a hairdresser to sort my hair. [emoji24]

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

I'm going to Spain at the end of June. emoji16.png

I need a holiday, and a hairdresser to sort my hair. emoji24.png

I don't think your going to get what you need  :rolleyes:

I've got Lanzarote booked for early Nov but don't fancy my chances  :(

Wife had already said that even if foreign holidays open back up in 6 months, we wouldn't be going anywhere before Nov. 

35 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I've got Lanzarote booked for early Nov but don't fancy my chances  :(

Wife had already said that even if foreign holidays open back up in 6 months, we wouldn't be going anywhere before Nov. 

I'm not so sure, I reckon, with Spain looking like being over the worst, economically will be looking to open things up sooner than November.

Not a scientific opinion, I didn't Google it, just my personal view. 

As long as you're just thinking and not in charge of the decision. I'm going, [emoji275][emoji305][emoji484]

I'm not so sure, I reckon, with Spain looking like being over the worst, economically will be looking to open things up sooner than November.

June, it will be June. Please be June, i need a holiday. June June June.

Positive thinking [emoji16]

10 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

As long as you're just thinking and not in charge of the decision. I'm going, emoji275.pngemoji305.pngemoji484.png

June, it will be June. Please be June, i need a holiday. June June June.

Positive thinking emoji16.png

I'm surprised it's still on the agenda.

We'd booked to go to Portugal on June 6th, was cancelled a week ago by the tour operator.

After last week's f**k up, the SPFL decide they could go one better.
Budge put in charge of looking at league reconstruction.

Funny how it’s Hamilton’s Les Grey that’s also part of her team & Dundee fc change to a yes vote. Couldn’t make this up. I smell [emoji90]

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Unless a vaccine is developed and distributed before then, I'd be very surprised indeed if anything but essential international travel was approved by the end of the year. 

I really do hope I'm wrong though. 

22 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Unless a vaccine is developed and distributed before then, I'd be very surprised indeed if anything but essential international travel was approved by the end of the year. 

I really do hope I'm wrong though. 

I believe that the economical situation, along with significant reductions in fatalities, along with better testing, will see travel allowed before then.

I'm rarely wrong. :rolleyes:

PS There is still non essential travel going on, ask @TPAFKATS, he's never away from the incoming flight schedule at Heathrow. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

So, Dundee FC gifts the Championship title to its greatest rival, Partick and Stranraer are relegated and the leagues are to be rearranged. All so that Hearts can stay in the Premiership. What a stitch-up! I doubt if all this would be happening if Buddies, Accies, Livvy or Ross County were in bottom place.

And to all the moaners and outraged above. 

What you going to do about it all ? 

Oh aye... 

Take it 100% up the jacksie. 

Buy the Season Tickets 

Book your Buses 

And carry on supporting corrupt Scottish Football. 

Nobody has grown a pair in relation to the vile sectarian duo. 

Deserve all you get. 

Celebrating 9th. Ha ha ha ha ha 

7 minutes ago, pondsman said:

So, Dundee FC gifts the Championship title to its greatest rival, Partick and Stranraer are relegated and the leagues are to be rearranged. All so that Hearts can stay in the Premiership. What a stitch-up! I doubt if all this would be happening if Buddies, Accies, Livvy or Ross County were in bottom place.

I think it still probably would, the power on this one sat in the championship, I don't imagine Dundee being convinced to vote yes would have been impacted differently on who was bottom of the SP. 

What I want to know, is the rumour it'll only be one season true? If so this has to be rejected by the teams you mention. It would mean between 3 and 4 relegation spots next season and a likeliness that Hearts wont be in the same mess + a strong Dundee United and ICT in the league. If it's going to be 14 or 16 it must be given a few season to see if it works and a fair voting structure in place to change it. Say 10-4 majority (anything mirroring 11-1 needs to be scrapped as part of this) 

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I hope you are right.

Could be the flights that start won't be full so to keep some distance between passengers and also no food/drink service.

Time will tell.