Plans for next season

4 hours ago, shull said:

Because I think differently from you ? 

You shutting down free speech. 

You are highly wearing and although I agree with you on quite a few of your points you lose respect because its endless and in the end people don't  listen anymore.

You would serve you purpose more by giving it a rest now and again as has been suggested

Edited by lenziebud

14 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

We change the leagues and keep it that way until a new proposal to improve comes along.
1 or 2 years is a joke though, you need to give the new set up time to bed in.

I don't think we're miles apart - what I meant was you'd introduce a new structure with the intent to review it after 5 years.

Like I say less than 24 hours after Dundee changed their vote & the Budge/Gray Review was announced she's saying any reconstruction should be temporary - like I said it shows what her true motive was all along.

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I don't think we're miles apart - what I meant was you'd introduce a new structure with the intent to review it after 5 years.

Like I say less than 24 hours after Dundee changed their vote & the Budge/Gray Review was announced she's saying any reconstruction should be temporary - like I said it shows what her true motive was all along.

If that proves to be the proposal (temporary expansion) they come up with, it will get quite rightly voted down. For any proposal to stand a chance of getting passed, it will have to be something that benefits all clubs, and not just one or two for this season only. 

I do not think reconstruction has a hope in hell in getting through. The 11-1 vote if nothing else will see to that as why dilute the pot by increasing the number of Clubs and  why vote for potentially less income from sponsorship?

There is a good article in the Scotsman today where the Chairman of Stenhousemuir says he is sick to the teeth of the SPFL  as the Board and Premiership do not give a damn for the smaller clubs. He is not happy about attempts to change the League on a temporary basis to save Hearts while doing nothing for Partick or Stranraer. (Of course reconstruction may change that but at the moment PT and Stranraer are down whereas Hearts are not). If his views are typical there would be little support further down the Leagues.

The Championship has been called a the best League in Scotland for years. Likewise League One and Two are competitive. Every game in the Premiership means something. For me I would leave as is especially the motivation for change.

22 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I do not think reconstruction has a hope in hell in getting through. The 11-1 vote if nothing else will see to that as why dilute the pot by increasing the number of Clubs and  why vote for potentially less income from sponsorship?

There is a good article in the Scotsman today where the Chairman of Stenhousemuir says he is sick to the teeth of the SPFL  as the Board and Premiership do not give a damn for the smaller clubs. He is not happy about attempts to change the League on a temporary basis to save Hearts while doing nothing for Partick or Stranraer. (Of course reconstruction may change that but at the moment PT and Stranraer are down whereas Hearts are not). If his views are typical there would be little support further down the Leagues.

The Championship has been called a the best League in Scotland for years. Likewise League One and Two are competitive. Every game in the Premiership means something. For me I would leave as is especially the motivation for change.

Surely if the Premiership is expanded it will also save Partick and Stranraer? 

24 minutes ago, Sonny said:

As others have stated, if ii was us, Ross County, Hamilton or Livingston sitting at the bottom, reconstruction wouldn't even have been mentioned.

I haven't paid attention to any of our media football "experts", but surely some of them have mentioned this.

The current situation could be a great opportunity of improving the format of the leagues,  and get away from the familiarity of playing a team up to 6 or even 7 times in one season. Whether the top flight clubs want to share their wealth with other teams in a expanded league remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

If that proves to be the proposal (temporary expansion) they come up with, it will get quite rightly voted down. For any proposal to stand a chance of getting passed, it will have to be something that benefits all clubs, and not just one or two for this season only. 

I think her thinking is that the opposite will be the case and she might be right. Extending the league has always been unpopular as it means sharing the prize money among more clubs. Self interest says clubs want to keep the biggest share the can. So if Budge can convince clubs anty loss will only be for the short term she has a better chance of getting the 11 to 1 vote she needs

16 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think her thinking is that the opposite will be the case and she might be right. Extending the league has always been unpopular as it means sharing the prize money among more clubs. Self interest says clubs want to keep the biggest share the can. So if Budge can convince clubs anty loss will only be for the short term she has a better chance of getting the 11 to 1 vote she needs

Wouldn't the breakdown of the prize money change if reconstruction went ahead?

Surely the current prize money wouldn't stay as is? 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Sonny, AKA Northbank on P&B! :wink:

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

The 11-1 vote is a complete joke. Only to please the old firm. It should be down to a majority vote out of the 12 clubs or a fairer percentage of clubs rather than seeing either side of the old firm kicking it out.

20 minutes ago, Danny said:

I read something from earlier that said Celtic were willing to take a £1m hit on prize money to vote through the last proposal of league reconstruction back in 2013, the one that we knocked back along with Ross County. It was a terrible idea the whole plans at the time, instead of just adding more teams to the top flight, they wanted to break the top divisions into 3 mini league part way through the season.

34 minutes ago, Danny said:

I get what you're saying,  but a temporary change to structure just reeks of self interest from Budge & Hearts. 

I'm definitely for a bigger league but it has to be for the correct reasons and not just for a couple of seasons. 

Yes but that wasn't in the original proposal. It was PT and Stranraer tough shit. The reconstruction was an afterthought when Budge waded in.

20 minutes ago, Sonny said:
1 hour ago, munoz said:

Yes but that wasn't in the original proposal. It was PT and Stranraer tough shit. The reconstruction was an afterthought when Budge waded in.

If I was a Hearts supporter (perish the thought) right now, I'd be fearing the worst of the chances of staying in the top flight. 

Of course we don't !

The current situation could be a great opportunity of improving the format of the leagues,  and get away from the familiarity of playing a team up to 6 or even 7 times in one season. Whether the top flight clubs want to share their wealth with other teams in a expanded league remains to be seen.

Any proposed changes to the current league set-up must be 100% for the benefit of Scottish football as a whole. No other reason. Therefore the proposal(s) to be put forward by Budge / Gray must not be able to be interpreted in any way to benefit only one or a few clubs. I.e. to save Hearts / Partick / Stranraer from automatic relegation this season.

Therefore any agreed changes must become effective from no earlier than season 21-22.

Otherwise Ann Budge, and her masterplan, will have zero credibility.