Plans for next season

Do you think supporters will be asked of their opinion of an expanded league and whatever timescale they decide on ? 

Probably officially no. However the Scottish Fans Forum (or whatever they are called) has a survey on the go. And yesterday the B&W Army twitter feed conucted a 24 hr poll in which keep things the same won with 34% and 14 team setup got around 25% vote.

What if league expansion is for longer term? 
Could be but Budge was adamant (Sportsound interview on Saturday) that she wasn't interested in that and would bail oull of the panel for a longer term proposal.

I reckon a long term proposal would not get get through for the reasons given by Bud above.

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Could be but Budge was adamant (Sportsound interview on Saturday) that she wasn't interested in that and would bail oull of the panel for a longer term proposal.

I reckon a long term proposal would not get get through for the reasons given by Bud above.

So youve got the Hamilton chairman Gray in favour of a long term expansion and Budge looking for temporary change. 

Tbh, I cant see any proposal getting the green light. 

So youve got the Hamilton chairman Gray in favour of a long term expansion and Budge looking for temporary change. 
Tbh, I cant see any proposal getting the green light. 
Gray had a pop at Budge on Sunday's interview for stating her preference before the panel had even started. Her comments alone should torpedo the whole venture.

Now is the time to go to 16-18 team league, play each team twice. Won’t happen as Sky will demand 4 old firm games a season, teams need to cut their cloth to suit and do what’s right, tell Sky to go do one and try and be financially stable without the silly tv money. If it means teams are part-time then so be it.

Edited by Leatherface

Now is the time to go to 16-18 team league, play each team twice. Won’t happen as Sky will demand 4 old firm games a season, teams need to cut their cloth to suit and do what’s right, tell Sky to go do one and try and be financially stable without the silly tv money. If it means teams are part-time then so be it.

Absolutely agree with this but it won’t happen. The best possible solution is a league of 2 with the bigot brothers. They can play each other 3 times a week forever to keep the media happy. The rest of Scottish football to go to 2 divisions of 18 with the pyramid below that. Everybody happy

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

This is the woman who said 42 clubs was double what was required.

I think we need to forget the motivation here and look at the opportunity. The Premiership is too small and we need a wider base. How long have we been discussing this.

Open it up, IMHO to 16 , trial it, and hopefully when and if we get back to some sort of normality, we can then gauge if it is better.

We cant keep this 2 club mentality, its killing our game, stopping development of home grown players …..

Cant stand the woman, but I do hope we see change...…….. 

I don’t think you’ll find many on here against change.

Only the short term, self interested change that Budge is proposing. 

26 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Nicola Sturgeon suggesting football attendances might be forcibly restricted for another 18 months until a cure can be found.

Burds eh?

This could lead to me cancelling my £25 standing order!!

On a serious note, it seems like a bit of an unnecessary statement at the moment. I’d be keeping statements like that for a time when we’re even remotely talking about football coming back. 

1 minute ago, Leatherface said:

Sturgeon is an utter clown, everything coming out her mouth is negative. As so called leader of country she should be offering people some hope of when they can see kids, grandkids etc. Nope total negativity with nothing to look forward to...

Giving anything that isn't certain would bite her in the arse.

You only have to look at the screaming that's going on today because a plane didn't leave from Turkey with protective gowns.

It would be foolish to give anything at this uncertain stage.

Just now, faraway saint said:

You only have to look at the screaming that's going on today because a plane didn't leave from Turkey with protective gowns.

Ha ha. Surprised you even responded to that most obvious or lures. 
Life fishing with an empty hook. 🤣

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I know she is in a difficult position but ffs say we will review it weekly etc. I haven’t seen my two children for 4 weeks due to this and struggling with whole thing like millions of others. I’m a frontline worker and can go work with hundreds of people but can’t see my own kids. Have a family member seriously ill in RAH with virus but can’t visit yet Ross Kemp can wander about with a film crew inside hospital. Ffs gimme some hope, all I see is negativity...

3 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

I know she is in a difficult position but ffs say we will review it weekly etc. I haven’t seen my two children for 4 weeks due to this and struggling with whole thing like millions of others. I’m a frontline worker and can go work with hundreds of people but can’t see my own kids. Have a family member seriously ill in RAH with virus but can’t visit yet Ross Kemp can wander about with a film crew inside hospital. Ffs gimme some hope, all I see is negativity...

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Burds eh?

This could lead to me cancelling my £25 standing order!!

On a serious note, it seems like a bit of an unnecessary statement at the moment. I’d be keeping statements like that for a time when we’re even remotely talking about football coming back. 

I agree. I have no idea why she raised it at all at this point.

11 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Why are you waiting on others to provide your positivity?

Millions are in the same boat as you?

I'm not sure the relevance of that bit in bold.

1 hour ago, Leatherface said:

I’d have thought that if you are exposed to “hundreds” of people at your work, that would put you at a higher risk of contracting Covid and therefore make you even more inclined to protect your kids by keeping away from them.