Plans for next season

28 minutes ago, Sonny said:

These are difficult times in RealLife as well as football (Understatement Alert!!!!!!) and I'm in favour of whatever solution benefits most clubs which I reckon would be a re-organization saving Heart & as a by product Partick, Stranraer & Brechin - but I'm glad (& not really surprised) that nobody's falling for Budgie's claim that Hearts have been "done wrong".

For us old 'uns here a photo of Budgie before the sex change...

Budgie+-+05.jpg

16 hours ago, Sonny said:
16 hours ago, W6er said:
Budge will take long-term expansion over relegation. There's room for compromise. Personally, I'm in favour of a 14 team league with a 6/8 split.

When did she say that? At the weekend she only stated that she wanted a short-term fix (BBC radio and on-line article). Les Gray confirmed her position on Sunday. If her position has changed what is the source?

Maybe if stopped your Budge, Hearts hating agenda and thought for a minute you might find that Ann Budge is a lot brighter than you and a lot more flexible in her approach than your head in the sand approach is taking

Maybe if stopped your Budge, Hearts hating agenda and thought for a minute you might find that Ann Budge is a lot brighter than you and a lot more flexible in her approach than your head in the sand approach is taking
I don't hate anyone LB. Is she brighter than me - maybes aye maybes naw. Flexible? Well saying on national radio she only wants reconstruction for one season to save her team indicates otherwise.

2 hours ago, lenziebud said:

She may well be "bright". However, that assertion, and her suitability and ability to lead a task force to investigate possible league reconstruction, is up for debate, given her comments over the past few days and longer.

She's come across as bit of a fool in many people's opinion.

17 minutes ago, Sonny said:
2 hours ago, lenziebud said:

I don't hate anyone LB. Is she brighter than me - maybes aye maybes naw. Flexible? Well saying on national radio she only wants reconstruction for one season to save her team indicates otherwise.

I think you'll find that's an opening position and a lot will change. She's a top negotiator, its why she was so successful in business. Lets see how it pans out

10 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I think you'll find that's an opening position and a lot will change. She's a top negotiator, its why she was so successful in business. Lets see how it pans out

As plenty individuals have found out, business acumen does not always transfer well to football matters.

A top negotiator, should have known better than to make the comments that she has made in the past few days.

There's not a chance in hell of league reconstruction happening on a temporary basis. A slightly better chance of longer term reconstruction, although the formats that the big clubs will accept have more flaws than the current set up.

Considering Les Gray said he wanted to start the process with a clean slate and open mind and for one of the two people to head up the task force stating she only wanted one outcome (she said if it was a long term reconstruction she would walk awy from the panel), seems a very stupid stand to make alienating many chairmen.

Of course she'll have to accept the outcome whatever that is. Personally I think reconstruction will fail.

Looks like GS is now involved in the league reconstruction chatter, as well as asking fans their thoughts on it, I really hope we do extend the league, and not on a temp basis to help hertz, ideally I’d want a 20 league which play twice, but absolutely no chance of that happening considering the tv companies want 4 OF games a season. But even a 16 with a split (I know) would maybe make things a bit more exciting.

also well done to the club for actually asking what fans ideas are since we are the customer instead of self interests which hearts seem to be pushing all over the media.

They have asked the fans ? 

Ha ha ha ha ha 

First opportunity, Clubs will be demanding Season Ticket money without any fecking feedback from the masses. 

Punters getting emotionally screwed as per usual. 

Mugs :lol:

As @Sonny says

As a board we felt that we wanted to have an input into the talks taking place around the future of the SPFL and as a result Chairman Gordon Scott has been added to the SPFL reconstruction group. I am sure everybody has their own ideas on what form this would take and we would be interested to hear all positive ideas on this matter by emailing [email protected]

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

As plenty individuals have found out, business acumen does not always transfer well to football matters.

A top negotiator, should have known better than to make the comments that she has made in the past few days.

There's not a chance in hell of league reconstruction happening on a temporary basis. A slightly better chance of longer term reconstruction, although the formats that the big clubs will accept have more flaws than the current set up.

Budge will be delighted with that.

She thinks current set up is best hence 1 season change, but if she gets any deal that allows Hearts to remain in the top flight then she will be more than happy.

I think the likely option is long term 14-10-10-10 solution rather than 1 season change.

Hearts should not be relegated under any circumstances with 8 games to play, totally wrong and the same applies to all other clubs affected.