Plans for next season

2 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Budge will be delighted with that.

She thinks current set up is best hence 1 season change, but if she gets any deal that allows Hearts to remain in the top flight then she will be more than happy.

I think the likely option is long term 14-10-10-10 solution rather than 1 season change.

Hearts should not be relegated under any circumstances with 8 games to play, totally wrong and the same applies to all other clubs affected.

I said slightly better, but still no chance.

3 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Budge will be delighted with that.

She thinks current set up is best hence 1 season change, but if she gets any deal that allows Hearts to remain in the top flight then she will be more than happy.

I think the likely option is long term 14-10-10-10 solution rather than 1 season change.

Hearts should not be relegated under any circumstances with 8 games to play, totally wrong and the same applies to all other clubs affected.

Whats the point of a 14-10-10-10 league then?

Its hardly any difference and doesn't get any of the so called benefits all the people who want a bigger league are looking for? 

This solution long term looks like it will please nobody all it will do is dilute the top league prize pot.

Edited by LargsBud

12 hours ago, LargsBud said:

Whats the point of a 14-10-10-10 league then?

Its hardly any difference and doesn't get any of the so called benefits all the people who want a bigger league are looking for? 

This solution long term looks like it will please nobody all it will do is dilute the top league prize pot.

I would like to see it as a stepping stone to bigger leagues still in the future and to get rid of the ridiculous 11-1 voting structure that has hampered progress in Scotland for decades. It's got to get to the point where the powers that be realise four bigot derbies dilutes the fixture and will continue the decline of Scottish football, meaning smaller and smaller relative TV pots.

Bigger leagues following countless more successful European countries is the future. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

He's spot on, any temporary change is a sham and wont get passed the first vote. 

I don't even think a temporary change will get put to a vote. There will be far too many clubs against it. 

Any change needs to be for a minimum of 4-5 years imo, and then reassessed.

14 hours ago, hamlet said:

Problem solved. Continue this season from 12th March 2021.

Doesn't look like there is going to be any football before then.:thumbsup

I think part of the problem is we have too many journalists with time on their hands making up shit, not just on football but on coronavirus in general.

The politicians know that the current situation has a shelf life. You can only ask people to lock themselves away for so long before people will rebel. They will need to find a way to get back to some level of normality while still trying to protect people. Not an easy task, especially given most of the people tasked with navigating a path through this don't know what they're doing.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

I don't even think a temporary change will get put to a vote. There will be far too many clubs against it. 

Any change needs to be for a minimum of 4-5 years imo, and then reassessed.

Agreed, it's doomed to failure and should have been taken off the table within a few minutes on Monday. 

They have got previous when it comes to flogging a dead horse though. Back when the new Rangers formed in 2012, any vote to have them play anywhere apart from at the bottom was completely meaningless. Would be like a vote to put Brora in the SP after winning the Highland league. 🤣

Had to laugh at the 20-22 proposal

Mind u its the only chance we will get to play in Ton in the coming years

My mate has told me, they may well go under as they have zero cash , zero investment and getting close to zero support  that are willing to help...………… and they wont be alone

Might have one league of 14 and that's it

I think part of the problem is we have too many journalists with time on their hands making up shit, not just on football but on coronavirus in general.
The politicians know that the current situation has a shelf life. You can only ask people to lock themselves away for so long before people will rebel. They will need to find a way to get back to some level of normality while still trying to protect people. Not an easy task, especially given most of the people tasked with navigating a path through this don't know what they're doing.
In your 1st 4 lines, you could swap journalists with football fans and get the same results [emoji1782]

51 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Other countries, Germany & Italy are already in talks to resume before the summer is over. 

I'd be surprised if we don't see a ball kicked this year. 

Be prepared to be surprised, this is current Scottish Govt. thinking

We are likely to require that gathering in groups, for example in pubs or at public events, is banned or restricted for some time to come. And good hand hygiene and cough hygiene must become fundamental habits.  We cannot afford to have exceptions. Each one of us will have to adapt to this as the new normal, at least until we are sure that we can be more protected by a vaccine or treatment.

Even closed door games are viewed with concern due to the possibility of people flouting the rules and gathering together to watch matches.

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Be prepared to be surprised, this is current Scottish Govt. thinking

Even closed door games are viewed with concern due to the possibility of people flouting the rules and gathering together to watch matches.

"Some time to come" is open to plenty of interpretation.

Time will tell. 

SKY Conditions for 160 M contract

• 2 teams must be from Glasgow
  • Must play each other a minimum of 6 times- ( 4 league . 2 cup finals)
  • Hatred, violence on both pitch and off
  • Neil Lennon/ Gerrard having a square go at least twice
  • Whilst playing away to whoever must have 75% of the attendance
  • Sign Chris Sutton and Andy Cameron

As for the rest, not important, do what you want !!

19 hours ago, faraway saint said:

"Some time to come" is open to plenty of interpretation.

Time will tell. 

Indeed. This season is done, the priority now will be trying to get football in some form back for next season. I can see some renegotiation with Sky, with all SPL games being televised if fans can't attend. Lower league games are likely to be less affected by social distancing guidelines due to their generally lower crowds, so restrictions may have less of an impact there.

If next season doesn't take place, every club in the country will go into administration. There will be some compromise to allow football to go ahead. Other countries, like Germany and South Korea, are due to start playing again next month, albeit behind closed doors.

33 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Indeed. This season is done, the priority now will be trying to get football in some form back for next season. I can see some renegotiation with Sky, with all SPL games being televised if fans can't attend. Lower league games are likely to be less affected by social distancing guidelines due to their generally lower crowds, so restrictions may have less of an impact there.

If next season doesn't take place, every club in the country will go into administration. There will be some compromise to allow football to go ahead. Other countries, like Germany and South Korea, are due to start playing again next month, albeit behind closed doors.

So will social distancing be forgotten about or will we have defensive walls with players 6 feet apart?Will medical staff have to treat injured players from 6 feet away?
My personal opinion is there won’t be any football played this year.

5 minutes ago, HSS said:

So will social distancing be forgotten about or will we have defensive walls with players 6 feet apart?Will medical staff have to treat injured players from 6 feet away?

This is what I've been banging on about for ages. 

Think I read all players and staff would be tested but the flaw in that is the test only tells if a person does/doesn't have it ON THAT DAY. 

Risky strategy IMO. 

40 minutes ago, HSS said:

Double post, apologies. 🤪

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, HSS said:

I think the problem with social distancing is it is almost impossible to enforce in some situations, sport being one of them (though I think our defence for most of the 90's was already embracing it in their play). There's been talk of social distancing in schools - good luck with that one, have they ever seen how kids interact with each other?

This is the problem with the current approach. WHO have said there needs to be mass testing and contact tracing, so you know where the virus is and can treat and isolate accordingly. Government restrictions on all of us are because they didn't do that and have lost control, so we now see, as they attempt to come out of lockdown, inconsistent approaches which don't make sense.