Plans for next season

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

FFS almost every thread, can't even make a balanced point without someone crying over it. 🤣 

If you think your point is balanced go read again your comparison with Government Election and think if that's how it really happens!! In an Government Election you vote to elect a local MP, you may have five or six options to vote for, the winner is the candidate with the most votes (they don't need a majority) and that's who represents your constituency.....in a voting situation with various options the biggest %age return wins.

8 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

If you think your point is balanced go read again your comparison with Government Election and think if that's how it really happens!! In an Government Election you vote to elect a local MP, you may have five or six options to vote for, the winner is the candidate with the most votes (they don't need a majority) and that's who represents your constituency.....in a voting situation with various options the biggest %age return wins.

I gave a caveat regarding the difference you highlight. Good effort though. 

Would be interested to see who you actually agree with on this one regarding the status quo getting a "majority"

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

I gave a caveat regarding the difference you highlight. Good effort though. 

Would be interested to see who you actually agree with on this one regarding the status quo getting a "majority"

Simple for me Baz and absolutely no need for obfuscation or muddying the waters.....if I'm given four options and expected to pick only one then I have to accept that the winner is the one with the most votes and I'm happy to accept the result even if it wasn't the one I voted for.

1 minute ago, WeeBud said:

Simple for me Baz and absolutely no need for obfuscation or muddying the waters.....if I'm given four options and expected to pick only one then I have to accept that the winner is the one with the most votes and I'm happy to accept the result even if it wasn't the one I voted for.

As I said, people can interpret it anyway they want because it doesn't ultimately matter, but there are a few points that are beyond dispute

• No option got a majority
  • the most popular individual option was status quo, yet it was the minority overarching choice
  • 66% or respondents backed plans to increase the league numbers 
  • the voting structure would not be suitable in an official capacity because it absolutely dilutes fans that want a bigger league in giving them three separate options

You or Sonny are welcome to debate them or anything else with me as long as you want, I quite like this part of BAWA. But it will not change those completely factual four points. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

As I said, people can interpret it anyway they want because it doesn't ultimately matter, but there are a few points that are beyond dispute

• No option got a majority
  • the most popular individual option was status quo, yet it was the minority overarching choice
  • 66% or respondents backed plans to increase the league numbers 
  • the voting structure would not be suitable in an official capacity because it absolutely dilutes fans that want a bigger league in giving them three separate options

You or Sonny are welcome to debate them or anything else with me as long as you want, I quite like this part of BAWA. But it will not change those completely factual four points. 

The other thing that is without dispute is that out of the four options there was one “winner”. I’m out..........

On 4/28/2020 at 1:29 PM, antrin said:

A couple of years back, I would have agreed with you on that - especially when the absurd split was introduced.  I still believe it is just a distortion of the initial competition/league.

However, I am now kinda converted to the idea, to the distortion of what would/should be a regular league - especially for teams such as Saints who will never have dosh to compete at the top with the Bigot Brothers. 

There is now competition mid-season just to get into that top 6, then - after the split -if (like Saints, perennially) you're in the bottom half there is the fight to stay above those drop and play-off zones.  So even the doldrums of meaningless mid-table matches pre and post split are diminished.

I'd agree with you that all is not perfect... only in that there may be even better ways in which to construct leagues in order to inject more passion/enthusiasm/money intae Scottish fiba. 

But as Scots are currently world leaders vis a vis the proportion of income to the game being generated by fans rather than other sources perhaps it IS working, it is competitive and attractive already?

Like others above - I loved the Tom Hendrie time..

I agree with the majority of what you say particularly the last sentence, as I really enjoyed his era.  Although I must say I am actually quite pleased with the decision of the scottish lower league two clubs; to only support the 14,14,14  change, firstly because it really is a farce that they supposedly have a vote but in reality .....it's usually irrelevant and secondly because, much as I would prefer a 16 or 18 team league it just wouldn't work for a myriad of reasons, however I think an increase to 14 MIGHT just improve games for the fans, open up choices and slightly ease the pressure re relegation. Just an opinion of course and I lay no claim to me having any expertise to support such a change , I just feel there is an opportunity to try something fresh.

Edited by jaybee
would to wouldn't

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

The other thing that is without dispute is that out of the four options there was one “winner”. I’m out..........

That was my second point.

Proving my point that some people will just insist on arguing with me regardless, even when our point is the same. 

5 hours ago, Sonny said:
21 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Yep as why I corrected myself, I thought the one announced today was the fan one. My fault for quick glancing it. 

It had an option that got more votes than the other three. The clear message on Div's one  though, is an appetite for bigger leagues. The three options for bigger leagues is always going to dilute that message but roughly 2/3 of respondents favouring more teams shows (in that circle anyway) a majority of fans don't want status quo. 

Also not having a go, just pointing out what the actual majority was, it wasn't for a 12 team league. 

The majority vote was to keep things the same. As in any vote the option that gets the most votes is the winner Checkout the general election - more people voted against the Tories but they won - that is how voting works. There were 4 choices on the ballot and not 2. Those that did not vote for the winning option could not agree a consensus and was split into rival camps hence the winning vote gets the mandate. How would the voting look if one of the other options was now off the table? No-one knows until it is done. Anything else is conjecture.

Anyway I do not intend to go round in circles on this. I merely asked you to provide backup to your claim and you cannot. I cited the only poll result I had seen (1009 voters). Case closed.

You are wrong Bazil85 is correct (isn't he always?)  This is NOT an election so your example sucks, it's about larger league? or not and clearly Bazil85's interpretation is superior to yours, quibbling over semantics. seems silly.

1 hour ago, shull said:

When we have the all clear, Season 2019/2020 must be played to a finish. It is the fairest way. 

Scottish Cup  can be finished  also. Only 3 matches there. 

Scottish cup shouldn't be a problem but it's simplistic to say the least to suggest taking a chance on losing a lucrative contract just for pig headedness.

This season is finished.

Even this is not certain to keep the future agreement with Sky.

Doing what you suggest is actually unfair to quite a lot of clubs as their squads will be decimated by contracts running out.

There is no perfect solution but the best way to try to keep our clubs solvent is to call an end to the season and allow the places to stand. I believe you're being driven by hatred of our game and your attempts at attention seeking, because you have no interest in the game. It continuously surprises me that you want to spend time trying to antagonise others when you claim you're finished with Scottish professional football.

I suggest you chill out, give it a rest and let those who actually want to see our game flourish discuss a sport they actually want to watch.

The brand new Season can start when the old Season is finished.

Absolutely no problem whatsoever.

The Telly companies will be fine. We all know what Sky really really really want anyway.

Clubs will as usual waste the TV windfall by giving it all to the players.

And our Game will never flourish as long as we have the two big fat fecking sectarian elephants in the room.

I will continue to talk football but will not contribute financially.

3 minutes ago, shull said:

The brand new Season can start when the old Season is finished.

Absolutely no problem whatsoever.

The Telly companies will be fine. We all know what Sky really really really want anyway.

Clubs will as usual waste the TV windfall by giving it all to the players.

This season is done. That's the long and short of it. 

3 hours ago, jaybee said:

You are wrong Bazil85 is correct (isn't he always?)  This is NOT an election so your example sucks, it's about larger league? or not and clearly Bazil85's interpretation is superior to yours, quibbling over semantics. seems silly.

Correct 

But also my interpretation is right, 66% is a bigger slice than 34% 🤣

Just now, shull said:

There is plenty time to finish it.

It is the fairest way.

People are dying........f**king ridiculous.

Anyone who thinks we should finish this season is an absolute halfwit.  The mortuaries are full, the death rates in hospices are obscene, families are losing loved ones and some bastarding people still want the fitba to continue.  Stupidity beyond comprehension.  I shall temper my anger as one knows it is impossible to argue with an idiot but f**k me with the stupid stick!

Idiocy, idiocy indeed

Just now, shull said:

There is plenty time to finish it.

It is the fairest way.

It's done, this season won't be finished. Even if we do get players back training in June which is the earliest possible time. They'l likely be 5-6 weeks to get up to fitness. You've then got to play the games, sort out testing and isolation of the players at massive expense,  strain on other groups that need to attend games like paramedics, concern over gathering crowds to watch the games, contract issues, issues if even one person gets the virus, next season start dates, next season in Europe. 

There are just far too many unknowns right now for this season to complete. Would possibly be fairest to play yes but these are unfair times.

There's also an issue over the contracted players fairness, I think I might be right in saying the only goalkeeper we have signed up for next season is that young lad we signed earlier in the season. No right back either, one centre back (plus Baird), no left back, half the midfield gone as well. If there's little money going in, how do we replace these players? 

4 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

People are dying........f**king ridiculous.

Anyone who thinks we should finish this season is an absolute halfwit.  The mortuaries are full, the death rates in hospices are obscene, families are losing loved ones and some bastarding people still want the fitba to continue.  Stupidity beyond comprehension.  I shall temper my anger as one knows it is impossible to argue with an idiot but f**k me with the stupid stick!

Idiocy, idiocy indeed

Never said finish it today

I did say once we get the all clear. meaning we could finish it maybe in a few months time or even next year.

The person I quoted is a thick cnut who cant read so feck off wanker.

4 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

I did say that one cannot argue with an idiot, this conversation will not continue.  

You no like getting abuse back, ye abusive cnut.

You fairly dished it out earlier after you read a post wrongly.