Plans for next season

4 hours ago, shull said:

Never said finish it today

I did say once we get the all clear. meaning we could finish it maybe in a few months time or even next year.

The person I quoted is a thick cnut who cant read so feck off wanker.

4 hours ago, shull said:

And Tom, please explain your East Renfrewshire/Renfrewshire rant for me, ye knob.

2 hours ago, shull said:

You no like getting abuse back, ye abusive cnut.

You fairly dished it out earlier after you read a post wrongly.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Get him telt, Shull! Tedious Tom the Tiresome 'tard!  

44 minutes ago, GMan said:
5 hours ago, shull said:

Never said finish it today

I did say once we get the all clear. meaning we could finish it maybe in a few months time or even next year.

The person I quoted is a thick cnut who cant read so feck off wanker.

5 hours ago, shull said:

And Tom, please explain your East Renfrewshire/Renfrewshire rant for me, ye knob.

2 hours ago, shull said:

You no like getting abuse back, ye abusive cnut.

You fairly dished it out earlier after you read a post wrongly.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Get him telt, Shull! Tedious Tom the Tiresome 'tard!  

Given the lack of common sense in the vast majority of crap which you post, I'm going to assume the G in GMan stands for gormless and by the way Tedious was complimenting Shull by referring to him as a half-wit, more like nit-wit.

6 hours ago, jaybee said:

Given the lack of common sense in the vast majority of crap which you post, I'm going to assume the G in GMan stands for gormless and by the way Tedious was complimenting Shull by referring to him as a half-wit, more like nit-wit.

U seem to be a bit Shull obsessed...for somebody u think is a nit-wit u seem to be mightily impressed by Shull, bit strange.

Edited by Leatherface

8 hours ago, Leatherface said:
14 hours ago, jaybee said:

U seem to be a bit Shull obsessed...for somebody u think is a nit-wit u seem to be mightily impressed by Shull, bit strange.

I am well aware there are alternate Shulls out there and quite often he makes some very pertinent posts and when he does, (as when anyone does) I offer positive observations, likewise when I find a post contentious then I comment appropriately, irrespective of who posts it, I will support or criticise the post rather than the postee. Ergo I am no more Shull obsessed than many others on here and most assuredly less strange than someone who finds difficulty in using the personal pronoun you than the letter U.

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

I am well aware there are alternate Shulls out there and quite often he makes some very pertinent posts and when he does, (as when anyone does) I offer positive observations, likewise when I find a post contentious then I comment appropriately, irrespective of who posts it, I will support or criticise the post rather than the postee. Ergo I am no more Shull obsessed than many others on here and most assuredly less strange than someone who finds difficulty in using the personal pronoun you than the letter U.

Tried to educate him on that in the Juniors thread but just resorted to a pile of abuse as he had done throughout his posts, so he's on ignore list now !

Now the French have closed out their season awarding places on a points per game system with more unplayed rounds than us, it seems even more likely we will do the same. No need for reconstruction. Hearts down. Perhaps it's a wee bit unfair on Partick Thistle but, hey ho, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

let's just hope the new season can start close to its original date.

It is extremely unfair and no Team should be title winners or relegated part way through a Season. Fecking scandalous and corrupt. 

Even more so if Brora and Kelty miss out on the opportunity to get into the SPFL. Incidentally, they two must finish their league games also. 

When all is back to normal, then this Season must be completed. 

Edited by shull

20 minutes ago, shull said:

You absolutely cannot keep a season going on the never never. 

There is no 100% fair outcome. Not a single outcome at this point, save for starting the season tomorrow and playing everything before contract are up on 31st May, will lead to a fair and just conclusion. And that isn't going to happen.

You can only play with the hand you are dealt.

38 minutes ago, shull said:

It is extremely unfair and no Team should be title winners or relegated part way through a Season. Fecking scandalous and corrupt. 

Even more so if Brora and Kelty miss out on the opportunity to get into the SPFL. Incidentally, they two must finish their league games also. 

Unfair times.

This season won't be ending. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Unfair times.

This season won't be ending. 

Do you mean it won't be completed?

There's no reasonable way to complete the season now with players out of contract in a few weeks.

They'll delay as much as possible of course but once UEFA give the go-ahead we'll end the top flight as it is with Hearts going down.

I assume you mean that?

Personally I can't see any way we can resume properly until January next year. Playing behind closed doors doesn't sound like an option at all - certainly not for lower league teams. So we're about to move to summer football by default or we'll be looking at an entirely lost season.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Do you mean it won't be completed?

There's no reasonable way to complete the season now with players out of contract in a few weeks.

They'll delay as much as possible of course but once UEFA give the go-ahead we'll end the top flight as it is with Hearts going down.

I assume you mean that?

Personally I can't see any way we can resume properly until January next year. Playing behind closed doors doesn't sound like an option at all - certainly not for lower league teams. So we're about to move to summer football by default or we'll be looking at an entirely lost season.

Yes, I mean won't be ending in the conventional sense, fair point. 

I agree with you on football not resuming for a long time, I also don't see a ball being kicked again in 2020 up here. 

I hope we get the 14 team league idea passed on a permanent basis but I think it's on a knife edge right now. My preference would be 14-10-10-10 (it would actually be a bigger leagues starting at the top but feel it's a non-starter) but I can understand the view of the L2 teams. It is a sorry state though that money is so tight in Scotland that two extra clubs is a deal breaker for them. 

Edited by bazil85

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Yes, I mean won't be ending in the conventional sense, fair point. 

I agree with you on football not resuming for a long time, I also don't see a ball being kicked again in 2020 up here. 

I hope we get the 14 team league idea passed on a permanent basis but I think it's on a knife edge right now. My preference would be 14-10-10-10 (it would actually be a bigger leagues starting at the top but feel it's a non-starter) but I can understand the view of the L2 teams. It is a sorry state though that money is so tight in Scotland that two extra clubs is a deal breaker for them. 

I would be happy with 14 teams if it was permanent. I'd also be happy with things staying the way they are as I like the split and the playoffs.

I just want them to come to a decision so we can all move on.

33 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I would be happy with 14 teams if it was permanent. I'd also be happy with things staying the way they are as I like the split and the playoffs.

I just want them to come to a decision so we can all move on.

Me too.

I'd like the structure to remain unchanged unless St Mirren finish bottom, in which case I'd appeal for league restructioning like Hearts have done.

Only fair.

In public - Sympathy.
In private - GIRUY. :lol:

[emoji23] Heard his interview on the radio he’s got to say that but we know what he really thinks. He also said Hearts had only won 4 games this season & what makes people think their forms going to change with the remaining games. Glad he got that point across.

Some key points from today meeting

Completing season: 

Although clubs want to complete season, many think it's unlikely. Five clubs have said if games are behind closed doors they'll struggle to field a team with contract expiry. Clubs are eager to know when this can be resolved but SPFL is waiting for further clarity from Government/ UEFA. They will then consult clubs before making a decision. 

Reconstruction 

Reconstruction should be permanent, this is the view of seven SP clubs with only three in favour of temporary change (imagine one is Hearts so doesn't really matter either way, they'd be voting yes). Others have cautioned against hasting decisions however there doesn't appear to be any uniform no stances. More than one proposal will be circulated.  

Sevco

Don't think it was from the meeting but evidence to be provided to clubs next week.  

13 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Now the French have closed out their season awarding places on a points per game system with more unplayed rounds than us, it seems even more likely we will do the same. No need for reconstruction. Hearts down. Perhaps it's a wee bit unfair on Partick Thistle but, hey ho, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

let's just hope the new season can start close to its original date.

The hypocrisy and sheer self interest of that comment says everything that is wrong. 

If St Mirren had lost against Hearts I would bet my house you would be singing a different tune.

There are going to be a lot of players out of Contract very soon and lots of skint Clubs.

Hopefully, most of the players will attain full time employment outwith football, they'll have no choice unless they fancy Benefits.

When soccer restarts in the future, for the best security for all is for the Clubs only to employ Players on Part Time Salaries or even just minimal expenses.

SAVE THE BEAUTIFUL GAME

JUST AN EXAMPLE ......

Football resumes January 1st 2021

Clubs assemble their Player Squads in November and December and commence Training.

Season 2019/20 is played to a finish.

Season 2020/21 begins a week or two after previous Season is complete.

So simple

8 hours ago, lenziebud said:

The hypocrisy and sheer self interest of that comment says everything that is wrong. 

If St Mirren had lost against Hearts I would bet my house you would be singing a different tune.

I might have been seeing it from a different point of view but, as a realist, and remember I had hope for things resuming a while ago, I would have been unhappy but it wouldn't now have changed my mind about the season ending. And I wouldn't have had the opportunity to discuss which route the SPFL should take because, quite frankly, I don't think reconstruction would have been being discussed.