Plans for next season

JUST AN EXAMPLE ......
Football resumes January 1st 2021
Clubs assemble their Player Squads in November and December and commence Training.
Season 2019/20 is played to a finish.
Season 2020/21 begins a week or two after previous Season is complete.
So simple
Best laugh I've had in ages.
Have you considered stand up instead of your current sit down job?

9 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Not so much comedy as childlike simplicity. The view from his cell must be full of pink elephants and unicorns.

With proper organisation it is very simple. 

Unfortunately, with our corrupt sport and all tying themselves in knots we will never have a satisfactory outcome. 

I am 100% delighted not to contribute another penny to the charade that is Scottish Football. 

Celtic. Sevco and others are shagging the gullible fans. 

I will leave you all to it to save our beautiful game. 

Ha ha ha ha ha 

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Me too.

I'd like the structure to remain unchanged unless St Mirren finish bottom, in which case I'd appeal for league restructioning like Hearts have done.

Only fair.

It would be fair if the 20/21 season is also unable to be completed. To be honest I'd like to think those in charge of the game have now amended the rules so that every club is aware, before a ball is kicked, that in similar circumstances average points would be used to determine final league positions. 

9 hours ago, lenziebud said:

The hypocrisy and sheer self interest of that comment says everything that is wrong. 

If St Mirren had lost against Hearts I would bet my house you would be singing a different tune.

Absolutely. It's quite sad to see how self-interest has prevailed in this crisis. 

16 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Rather than folk criticising him, and implying he's a clown or mentally ill, why not actually address his point and explain why his ideas are impractical?

Rather than folk criticising him, and implying he's a clown or mentally ill, why not actually address his point and explain why his ideas are impractical?
I already have.
We won't see live football again this year.
Players will be out of contract.

Any attempt to complete this season would be with different players, ergo different teams.

I no way whatsoever a "continuation"!

My preference would be to declare the season null and void! It's what they would have done in 1939 when tv cash greed wasn't a factor!

Won't happen.

Second best option?

Finish season as it is with points adjusted to points per game played.
Far from ideal... But a legitimate option.

Beyond that... Corruption based on financial self interest!

Simplicity is maybe the answer. 
Hundreds upon hundreds of so called football experts seem to complicate matters. 
Seems to be all about self. 
What is simple about different players and possibly different managers competing a year after others did and pretending it is a continuation?

Other than the notion, that is.

1 hour ago, shull said:

JUST AN EXAMPLE ......

Clubs assemble their Player Squads in November and December and commence Training.

So simple

If the league doesn't restart until Jan 2021, there will be a number of clubs that may have folded unable to sustain the cost of running a club for another 7-8 months with no income.  How do you fulfill fixtures if clubs no longer compete in that league?  How do clubs put 11 players on the park if many have left due to contracts expiring and clubs unable to afford replacements (again no income for almost 10 months?).  Is not as simple as you imply. Only season ticket sales will be incoming and sponsorship has to be affected without any action. As for TV money?

St Mirren this Season, last Season and next Season is still St Mirren regardless which players are playing. 

If we played the second leg of our Cup Challenge Match versus Coventry next year, I am certain the players of 1987 would not be picked to play although I would have more faith in them winning. 

3 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

If the league doesn't restart until Jan 2021, there will be a number of clubs that may have folded unable to sustain the cost of running a club for another 7-8 months with no income.  How do you fulfill fixtures if clubs no longer compete in that league?  How do clubs put 11 players on the park if many have left due to contracts expiring and clubs unable to afford replacements (again no income for almost 10 months?).  Is not as simple as you imply. Only season ticket sales will be incoming and sponsorship has to be affected without any action. As for TV money?

I wish some would read my posts correctly. 

To add, if your opposing Club has folded, then the remaining Club gets a 3-0 victory. 

Simple. 

Why don't you all listen to Sportsound this afternoon and hear Club Officials and Media completely feck up the future of our Game. 

This from a Radio Station who don't talk to Sevco but constantly lick Sevco's goolies. 

St Mirren this Season, last Season and next Season is still St Mirren regardless which players are playing. 
If we played the second leg of our Cup Challenge Match versus Coventry next year, I am certain the players of 1987 would not be picked to play although I would have more faith in them winning. 
Can someone check the padding in his cell is adequate please?
I fear for him!

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

He's an old fool who craves attention. 

The answer is to have his ravings on 'Ignore'.

What Wilbur is saying .

Shull is absolutely correct in his postings and I have no fecking answer to denigrate his supreme wisdom. "

Too fecking true Wilbur, join the Club. 

3 hours ago, shull said:

JUST AN EXAMPLE ......

So simple

But as noted, unfair. You’ll have some of the bigger clubs able to maintain stronger squads & others that don’t have the money to that can’t put a team together, reliant on boys at best. The imbalance will make completing the season impractical. 

This seasons over, don’t know why you care you’ve admitted to not being into Scottish football anymore. 

BAZZZZZZZZZZZZIL says there could be an imbalance among the 42 Scottish Clubs. 

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 

I haven't noticed that over my 50 years of watching Association Football in Scotland. 

Breaking news - I will not directly contribute financially to St Mirren any more or to Scottish Football generally. 

So for those who have comprehended nothing of my previous posts on here, then here it is even simpler. 

When all Clubs are ready, fit and raring to go for the 2020/21 Season, then stop what they're doing, defer that start for a month, then finish off the 2019/20.

Or let the Football people sort it out. Ha ha ha ha 

12 minutes ago, shull said:

BAZZZZZZZZZZZZIL says there could be an imbalance among the 42 Scottish Clubs. 

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 

I haven't noticed that over my 50 years of watching Association Football in Scotland. 

Breaking news - I will not directly contribute financially to St Mirren any more or to Scottish Football generally. 

Over the 12 teams in the SP in comparison to when football was suspended 🙄 Not like you to spin eh? 

clearly just bitter that you again have absolutely no control over people still enjoying & willing to pay for the beautiful game 😁😁😁😁

3 minutes ago, shull said:

So for those who have comprehended nothing of my previous posts on here, then here it is even simpler. 

When all Clubs are ready, fit and raring to go for the 2020/21 Season, then stop what they're doing, defer that start for a month, then finish off the 2019/20.

Or let the Football people sort it out. Ha ha ha ha 

For all the reasons people have told you. Don’t confuse us understanding & rejecting your opinion with you making a statement of what’s absolutely the right thing to do for Scottish football & we just don’t understand it. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Over the 12 teams in the SP in comparison to when football was suspended 🙄 Not like you to spin eh? 

clearly just bitter that you again have absolutely no control over people still enjoying & willing to pay for the beautiful game 😁😁😁😁

Like a broken record you go on about him having no control................................what control do you have over ANYBODY, yourself apart, enjoying and paying for a game of fitba? :blink:

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I haven't stopped laughing all morning as the experts have no answer to the resurrection of Scottish Football. 

Check all their similar replies. 

Thankfully I am cleansed and free of our Soccer farce and could not be any more happier. 

Good luck x

27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Like a broken record you go on about him having no control................................what control do you have over ANYBODY, yourself apart, enjoying and paying for a game of fitba? :blink:

Correct, but I am not bitter, angry and downright miserable about it, in fact I think that’s what makes life interesting. 

I feel you’ve yet again missed a very, very simple point here.