Plans for next season

32 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Rangers and their supporters genuinely believe their club was f**ked over by the rest of Scottish football. They knew other clubs didn't like them but assumed it was just jealousy but they couldn't get their heads around the fact that every other club in the country would vote against them and force them into League Two.

Mental when you realise they were actually thrown a lifeline by the authorities.

By rights, after dissolution and re-starting, they should have been placed in the queue with the others like Spartans, Edinburgh City, East Kilbride etc who had all been applying to the seniors for years at that point.

In essence, the newly formed iteration jumped the queue and were fast-tracked in to the senior setup, so really, the fans and those who run RFC should be grateful.

11 hours ago, Hagleybuddies said:

First things first. We need that independent investigation into the SPFL ASAP. Surely everyone agrees, scottish football has been in long term decline. Nothing personal, no agenda, but for them to refuse this, tells you all you need to know. If Rangers are wrong, they will be proven to be, so why not go for it SPFL? To resist only makes you and our game even more of a laughing stock. Please agree to the independent review for the sake of our game.

Long term decline??? Attendances have been rising over the last 5 seasons - where is the decline? More money than ever is being pumped into the SPFL - where is the decline?

Rangers claimed evidence of malpractice them failed to produce any evidence. The Board had an investigation into their original complaints but Deloitte but found nothing untoward. All the Clubs will vote next week as to whether Rangers 'evidence' warrants another independent review taking up their time and money. We will then see if the Clubs concerned believe Rangers complaints were valid (without evidence). I am pretty certain the Clubs themselves will throw out Rangers claims.

3 hours ago, elvis said:

And there has been 5 German players tested positive after starting back. Training and idiots still think they can play behind closed doors and it will be OK. Not a chance. 

That will be 5 players out of over 400 in the top flight. My understanding is that those players who tested positive have been told to self isolate, but no-one else. If others are tested as well, that to me seems sensible and proportionate and the way football will be able to be played. If someone who works at Tesco tests positive, they're not going to shut the shop.

Just now, elvis said:

So does anyone know if we were one of the six clubs that voted against reconstruction as people over on P/B are suggesting surely not. 

It isn't as simple as that. The League 2 Clubs came to a united agreement that they would only accept their own proposal for reconstruction which was not a proposal that everyone was going to agree with. And even at that several clubs in League 2 did not want any reconstruction but would go along with their League's proposal.

And you could include Hearts as one of the clubs who put a kibosh on reconstruction by wanting it for 1 season only to save their arse. And they expected everyone else to vote for it?

15 minutes ago, elvis said:

So does anyone know if we were one of the six clubs that voted against reconstruction as people over on P/B are suggesting surely not. 

I think it’ll need to come out what the concluded options were. I doubt we were one of the clubs that were against any form of reconstruction from what’s previously been said regarding why GLS wanted on the working group. 

if the change was only too be temporary, I imagine we were one of the six and rightfully so. If it was permanent change, I’d imagine the sheep, Hibs, Celtic would likely be in the number of clubs against. 

Edited by bazil85

For any country, no matter how many deaths occurred within their borders, to start playing football again is crazy.

Given that there are figures arising from countries around the world that up to 50% of covid positive individuals could be asymptomatic, all it takes is one hotel worker to pass on the virus to the football players staying a hotel. Given the entourage that will be involved in setting up one game of football, IMO it's completely irresponsible.

Even worse in the UK, where hundreds of people are still dying per day, and they're considering rushing into playing games in the English Premiership in order to finish the season. IMO that shows a complete lack of respect to the people that have died or are still dying. All in pursuit of filthy lucre.

Here's an example of such a case of asymptomatic covid in another "sport". If this isn't a warning shot, then I don't know what is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/mixed-martial-arts/52598309

50 minutes ago, FTOF said:

For any country, no matter how many deaths occurred within their borders, to start playing football again is crazy.

Given that there are figures arising from countries around the world that up to 50% of covid positive individuals could be asymptomatic, all it takes is one hotel worker to pass on the virus to the football players staying a hotel. Given the entourage that will be involved in setting up one game of football, IMO it's completely irresponsible.

Even worse in the UK, where hundreds of people are still dying per day, and they're considering rushing into playing games in the English Premiership in order to finish the season. IMO that shows a complete lack of respect to the people that have died or are still dying. All in pursuit of filthy lucre.

Here's an example of such a case of asymptomatic covid in another "sport". If this isn't a warning shot, then I don't know what is.

I hear you bud, but I think sooner or later we’re going to get to a point where every country has to say “f**k it. We need to crack on. If folk get it and die, folk get it and die.” Otherwise countries are just going to die on their arses. Harsh as hell but surely that point has to come at some point?

53 minutes ago, FTOF said:

In the countries worst affected, perhaps. I think all leagues in countries like us, Spain and Italy should be called now. However, in less affected countries, there should be no reason why they can't play. New Zealand have had a very low number of deaths and no new cases, South Korea have also managed to suppress it and started playing football this week. There is risk in everything we do, but if you live in a country where more people die in car accidents than from coronavirus, there's no reason football shouldn't re-start.

You then need to factor in their persistent inability to win a national competition which is the real catalyst fuelling the Orcs anger. That is all OUR (fans of the other 41 clubs) fault despite the glaring obvious total disregard for finances in the clamber back to the top division. Uber entitled f**kwits each and every one of them. The Septic 10iar thing will finally tip them over the edge, they will lash out at anyone and anything.

Mental when you realise they were actually thrown a lifeline by the authorities.

By rights, after dissolution and re-starting, they should have been placed in the queue with the others like Spartans, Edinburgh City, East Kilbride etc who had all been applying to the seniors for years at that point.

In essence, the newly formed iteration jumped the queue and were fast-tracked in to the senior setup, so really, the fans and those who run RFC should be grateful.

You have to view this through the prism of what happened in 2012. It's all borne of entitlement.
Rangers and their supporters genuinely believe their club was f**ked over by the rest of Scottish football. They knew other clubs didn't like them but assumed it was just jealousy but they couldn't get their heads around the fact that every other club in the country would vote against them and force them into League Two.
That humiliation has built resentment which has turned into levels of paranoia we've not seen in the game before. Apparently everyone is out to get them.
They are determined to punish anyone they feel was involved in stabbing them in the back.
That includes Doncaster and the SPFL.
If you view it through that lens it might help you see where they are coming from.
Personally, I wish they'd just STFU and let their football do the talking.
Or die as a club.
Either suits me.
All this paranoid, aggressive, entitled, bitter nonsense just needs to f**k off now.
One wee point...
They weren't "forced" into league two... They were graciously admitted ahead of more deserving clubs!

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
2 hours ago, shull said:
Why have Highland and Lowland League Clubs been denied the opportunity to clinch a place in the SPFL ? 

Just a wild guess but possibly to fuel your rising paranoia ?

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Covid19, have you been under a rock? 

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

They haven't emoji6.png

2 hours ago, shull said:

Why have Highland and Lowland League Clubs been denied the opportunity to clinch a place in the SPFL ? 

So nobody on here knows the answer. 

3 hours ago, elvis said:

You have to know what the proposal was before you castigate Saints for voting against. If the votes for any alteration as a temporary measure I would hope the only answer we could give sensibly would be a big fat NO.

I will repeat. 
When all is safe to return. 
SEASON 2019/20 MUST BE COMPLETED. 
There is no other way. 
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]