Plans for next season

27 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

So if St Mirren were in the same position as Thistle are currently then you would come on here and write that ?

The principle of Partick Thistle being relegated stinks and if people can get over the vested interest in Hearts going down to then that stinks also.

Its an utter embarrassment from start to finish of self interest, financial greed and just a basic lack of  interest in doing what is right. 

St Mirren board are part of it and now they want to sell season tickets without any idea of how or when football is going to be played next season.

What are you whittering on about? I was explaining the logic used. It's not MY logic. There will have to be something in place. I am not in control of any of it. Pull your horns in.

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Behave. 

Exactly.

Almost as if he wants to be a Hearts fan.:lol:

The reprehensible behaviour of Anne Budge far outweighs the behaviour of anyone else in this saga, except of course for the idiot blue bigots.

Edited by FTOF

13 minutes ago, munoz said:

What do you think the Hearts board would have done if they had been sitting in eleventh place ?

Yep so I guess its all ok then. Rats in a sack all of them. 

The damage done to Scottish football with all of this is huge.

Its actually funny people putting the OF out as the ugly sisters, as when push comes to shove they are all equally capable of being the same.

43 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I assume you are not renewing your ST then.

So why are SMFC selling season tickets anyway ?

What basis are they selling them when they have no idea when they can start playing again, when fans cannot get in to grounds for a long time and what course this pandemic is going to take ?

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

Trust me in 50 years time the Zombies will still be phoning in to Radio Clyde complaining about the Corona Title and how Celtic claimed 9inrow....

Let's hope so.

55 minutes ago, Yflab said:

The only way forward for our club and most other is to hope that it’s supporters do what they do best. Support. In this case financially. If we don’t the club may cease to exist.

What I’ve saved so far in fuel costs since this lockdown began would probably pay for the ST. 

COYS

Exactly. Like everybody else purchasing one, I have no idea whether there will even be a season to speak of. However, if I don't buy one there might not be a club.

41 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I sometimes genuinely think Lenziebud isn’t a St. Mirren fan. 
And as for all this shite about the shame of Scottish football etc etc. Nobody outside of Scotland gives a flying f**k about Scottish football. In a couple of years no one will give a toss about this. 

Aye, well with the exception of around five or six leagues in the world, most are followed almost exclusively by their own nationals. I actually think, given the international reach of the Old Firm, Scotland probably punches above her weight in that respect. 

There are a few on here whom I suspect are indifferent to the club's welfare, and some who would laugh up their sleeve if the club folded. Of course that's speculation on my part, as nobody knows another man's mind (or heart).

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

So why are SMFC selling season tickets anyway ?

What basis are they selling them when they have no idea when they can start playing again, when fans cannot get in to grounds for a long time and what course this pandemic is going to take ?

You are behaving like a greeting faced bairn, a few contra - posts outlining your position; fair enough, but your constant carping is almost Shull-esque.  I it bother you so much go buy a Hearts season ticket, the adults have made a decision so off to bed and keep it down.

The adults are relegating Hearts , Partick Thistle and Stranraer while the season has not finished.

The adults are refusing to put Brechin up for the Play Offs with the Teams from the Highland & Lowland Leagues.

The adults are handing League Titles to teams who havent won them.

Adults are buying Season Tickets and condoning corruption.

Adults are part of the masses and of course are fecking asses.

Season 19/20 must be completed.

1 minute ago, shull said:

The adults are relegating Hearts , Partick Thistle and Stranraer while the season has not finished.

The adults are refusing to put Brechin up for the Play Offs with the Teams from the Highland & Lowland Leagues.

Well!! if we are all indulging in fantasies then I wave my magic wand the world is Shull free and by the way embolding text doesn't mean it's more likely to happen..

Only idiots could conceive of the Scottish leagues being completed.  After June 10(?) , players will be off.  Saints, I believe, have only 11 bodies available.

playing it out would be farcical and unfair - that league is practically, financially, logistically, healthily... OVER.

If Scotland was more mental than I believe it to be, it could try...

....like the Germans did.  :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/09/bundesliga-restart-blow-dynamo-dresden-team-quarantined-covid-19

Just now, antrin said:

Only idiots could conceive of the Scottish leagues being completed.  After June 10(?) , players will be off.  Saints, I believe, have only 11 bodies available.

playing it out would be farcical and unfair - that league is practically, financially, logistically, healthily... OVER.

If Scotland was more mental than I believe it to be, it could try...

....like the Germans did.  :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/09/bundesliga-restart-blow-dynamo-dresden-team-quarantined-covid-19

And so it came to pass.

By all means try to get industry back up and running.

But restarting football just now is going to be one big vanity project IMO.

1 hour ago, shull said:

Raging

Who said to complete leagues when Clubs have no players ? 

When we have the all clear to play football and squads have been restocked then Season 19/20 can be played to a finish. 

No wonder I get beeling and raging with the simpletons and fecking idiots. 

7 hours ago, lenziebud said:

So if St Mirren were in the same position as Thistle are currently then you would come on here and write that ?

The principle of Partick Thistle being relegated stinks and if people can get over the vested interest in Hearts going down to then that stinks also.

Its an utter embarrassment from start to finish of self interest, financial greed and just a basic lack of  interest in doing what is right. 

St Mirren board are part of it and now they want to sell season tickets without any idea of how or when football is going to be played next season.

This is a once in a hundred year global pandemic. Nobody is out to get Partick Thistle. They've just been really unlucky and found themselves at the bottom of the league when this all hit.

There's no agenda here or better solution. Shit happens. 

Do I expect them to be happy about it? No, but I expect them to suck it up and move on. The club is 120+ years old. I'm sure they'll get over it.