Plans for next season

18 minutes ago, shull said:

Who said to complete leagues when Clubs have no players ? 

When we have the all clear to play football and squads have been restocked then Season 19/20 can be played to a finish. 

No wonder I get beeling and raging with the simpletons and fecking idiots. 

The season is over let it go. Don’t let it eat away at you like a double cup winning goalkeeper going into our HOF or Jack Ross choices in resting players for a challenge cup game. It’s an unhealthy obsession... 

31 minutes ago, shull said:

Who said to complete leagues when Clubs have no players ? 

When we have the all clear to play football and squads have been restocked then Season 19/20 can be played to a finish. 

No wonder I get beeling and raging with the simpletons and fecking idiots. 

You really need to stop looking in the mirrors Shull. and following YOUR advice by the way REALLY would be putting the lunatic in charge of the asylum.

I wonder if our Club will bring out the new kit in time for the remaining games in the present Season.. With the glorious weather it could be a money spinner especially if we get to the play off Final. 

10 hours ago, antrin said:

Only idiots could conceive of the Scottish leagues being completed.  After June 10(?) , players will be off.  Saints, I believe, have only 11 bodies available.

playing it out would be farcical and unfair - that league is practically, financially, logistically, healthily... OVER.

If Scotland was more mental than I believe it to be, it could try...

....like the Germans did.  :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/09/bundesliga-restart-blow-dynamo-dresden-team-quarantined-covid-19

Worth reading that link just to have a juvenile giggle at the Dresden Sporting Director’s name.

Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not quite the same.

A game of football, not essential.

People leaving the house, clearly essential. 

Football is also people's livelihood. If you work in an office, your job is safe but if you play football, you're out of work? That would be the natural extension of your black and white approach to this.

21 minutes ago, Hendo said:

What if a vaccine isn't developed? Should we just close down football? In fact, by extension, will we just close down society and all stay in the house?

If a vaccine isn't developed then slowly, herd immunity will naturally happen as the world reopens.

8 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Football is also people's livelihood. If you work in an office, your job is safe but if you play football, you're out of work? That would be the natural extension of your black and white approach to this.

Black and white approach? :lol:

This isn't the place for this debate IMO. :byebye

7 hours ago, shull said:

I wonder if our Club will bring out the new kit in time for the remaining games in the present Season.. With the glorious weather it could be a money spinner especially if we get to the play off Final. 

I'm legit looking forward to your reaction once the season is called. Should make for entertaining viewing.

13 hours ago, jaybee said:

You are behaving like a greeting faced bairn, a few contra - posts outlining your position; fair enough, but your constant carping is almost Shull-esque.  I it bother you so much go buy a Hearts season ticket, the adults have made a decision so off to bed and keep it down.

Shull is a lot more interesting than you. I'm more interested in a post he would put up than you because he is prepared to have a go an not just toe the populist line.

Its always interesting going against the grain as you learn more.

I think its a bit of a stretch putting yourself in the adult camp

20 hours ago, elvis said:

When there's a vaccine. 

Wow OK.

As long as you recognise two things though.

Firstly, there might never be a vaccine.

Secondly, a vaccine is not a cure.

If we wait on a vaccine, there might  be no sport to come back to.

Edited by oaksoft

51 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Shull is a lot more interesting than you. I'm more interested in a post he would put up than you because he is prepared to have a go an not just toe the populist line.

Its always interesting going against the grain as you learn more.

I think its a bit of a stretch putting yourself in the adult camp

Nonsense. Going against the grain is one thing but you only learn if you are willing to open your ears and eyes and take in opposing points of view. 

Repeating a contrary viewpoint endlessly doesn't mean you are learning anything.

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Nonsense. Going against the grain is one thing but you only learn if you are willing to open your ears and eyes and take in opposing points of view. 

Repeating a contrary viewpoint endlessly doesn't mean you are learning anything.

That implies that I have to agree to your viewpoint to learn anything. I don't agree with you and haven't seen anything other than "f@ck Thistle, f@ck Hearts etc". 

Its also valid to pose the question as to why St Mirren are selling season tickets when clubs like Hamilton are not for the reasons I outlined. That doesn't mean I won't buy one but it valid to ask the question ?

I remember going against the popular view that Stubbs was a good appointment and that signing the calibre of player he was bringing in was a disaster. Total abuse on here. Just as well I didn't learn anything then either !

Also the reason I pose questions on here is that invariably Iearn from others view that's why I keep posting !

Edited by lenziebud

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

That implies that I have to agree to your viewpoint to learn anything. I don't agree with you and haven't seen anything other than "f@ck Thistle, f@ck Hearts etc". 

Its also valid to pose the question as to why St Mirren are selling season tickets when clubs like Hamilton are not for the reasons I outlined. That doesn't mean I won't buy one but it valid to ask the question ?

I remember going against the popular view that Stubbs was a good appointment and that signing the calibre of player he was bringing in was a disaster. Total abuse on here. Just as well I didn't learn anything then either !

Also the reason I pose questions on here is that invariably Iearn from others view that's why I keep posting !

It is a valid question but IMO, Saint Mirren have been upfront and have openly said they were looking for our support while, at the same time admitting they don't know when we will see a ball being kicked in earnest. It's up to the individual if they can afford it and are willing to financially help the club in its hour of need. We will be renewing our tickets completely aware that we might be giving what might be akin to a gift. I also wouldn't accuse anyone of being disloyal if they decided differently.

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Not at all. I understand the asking of these questions and you always at least pose your questions with a bit of thought, even if I disagree with a lot of your views. 

I was more taking umbrage at your suggestion that Shull being contrary was interesting and my response was based on this. 

The season is ending not because 'f**k hearts' but because there's simply no feasible way to play the remaining games this season. There is now going to be no absolutely fair and just outcome in this situation.

Shull's constant breenjing about  playing games on the never never is the least workable of all the proposals. Without even taking into the equation the contact scenario, no one knows what the status of several clubs is even going to be in 6, 12 months time.

How can we make a commitment to resolve completing 19/20 fixtures when safe to do so if there is a very real chance of several of the involved clubs not existing? At least closing the season draws a line under it and we will see where everyone stands when football does resume. 

On the season tickets, it's a fair question to ask. I think the club bringing season tickets out is a direct response to supporter requests on social media to do so. There are supporters who are willing to take the risk of paying for a season ticket and not get to use it next season in order to help give the club a bit of much needed cash flow. I stick money away for my season ticket every year so am in a fortunate enough position to have the season ticket money there. This would be going to the club around about now anyway so I've no real issue in parting with it in exchange for my ticket. 

Fully understand though that many people can't or won't part for the moment but for those who do wish to purchase just now, there is no reason for the facility not to be there. 

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not at all. I understand the asking of these questions and you always at least pose your questions with a bit of thought, even if I disagree with a lot of your views. 

I was more taking umbrage at your suggestion that Shull being contrary was interesting and my response was based on this. 

The season is ending not because 'f**k hearts' but because there's simply no feasible way to play the remaining games this season. There is now going to be no absolutely fair and just outcome in this situation.

Shull's constant breenjing about  playing games on the never never is the least workable of all the proposals. Without even taking into the equation the contact scenario, no one knows what the status of several clubs is even going to be in 6, 12 months time.

How can we make a commitment to resolve completing 19/20 fixtures when safe to do so if there is a very real chance of several of the involved clubs not existing? At least closing the season draws a line under it and we will see where everyone stands when football does resume. 

On the season tickets, it's a fair question to ask. I think the club bringing season tickets out is a direct response to supporter requests on social media to do so. There are supporters who are willing to take the risk of paying for a season ticket and not get to use it next season in order to help give the club a bit of much needed cash flow. I stick money away for my season ticket every year so am in a fortunate enough position to have the season ticket money there. This would be going to the club around about now anyway so I've no real issue in parting with it in exchange for my ticket. 

Fully understand though that many people can't or won't part for the moment but for those who do wish to purchase just now, there is no reason for the facility not to be there. 

Hmm, don't think you find any evidence of me supporting Shull's view of playing the remaining games. I also though agree with quite a few of the points Shull makes on football, especially pricing and like the fact that he does go against the flow. Depending on your mindset its also quite easy to ignore his repetitivness on restarting the season and other issues. If anything I actually find it funny ?

I agree with you on season tickets and will be buying one but I think its a valid question to ask of St Mirren given other clubs are not doing it.

Edited by lenziebud

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

It's probably the only realistic option for a worldwide pandemic. It has to be controlled though, you can't just fire everyone out there to get it at once. 

Absolutely.

I think that this virus is pretty much everywhere in the UK now. I think that at the very least, it's too late to actually stop it.

12 minutes ago, shull said:

If Season 19/20 can't be finished then Season 20/21 can never ever be started. 

Absolute nonsense. Season 19/20 will be curtailed if it can't be finished IN THE TIME ALLOWED. The powers that be have decreed this. Not just the SPFL. Luckily for us Scottish football doesn't live in a Shull bubble. Season 20/21 is an entirely separate entity. The TV rights have been sold and teams, if they survive, will rely on the money from the rights. Your gripe will not change these facts. I know you want to take football back to the dark ages and, possibly through jealousy, you don't believe footballers should be paid properly for doing their jobs. They are in the entertainment business. They are worth what people are willing to pay. You, quite simply, have a massive chip on your shoulder and cannot stop attempting to force your views over and over and over and over and over again on this forum.

Edited by stlucifer