Plans for next season

1 hour ago, antrin said:

I read this diversion to the thread, baffled by this omission.  Thanks oxter.

For 99% of working class people (when it came to a time when I might have contemplated it) the idea of University was risible - pie in the sky.  You had to get a job, an income and bring it back to the family. 

Both my parents worked in the Mills and on their wages, (even if there were grants) it would have been insanity to encourage me to continue education any longer.  I was lucky: I got a job, which allowed further education on day release.

I was also interested to see some of the data presented above.

Thatcher was the one who enabled the explosion in "University" numbers, when she sanctioned every poly and grubby failing college to be "called "University"She hated Universities such as the Russell Group.  She loathed their "neoliberal" attitudes.

(Oxford refused to grant her an 'honorary degree'.  :)  )

This was her revenge.

Pretty sure that was John Major? It happened in 1992. Thatcher was long gone.

BTW, universities had their problems at that time as well. Little cabals, taking public money with absolutely no accountability.

Edited by oaksoft

30 minutes ago, antrin said:

This is only 1 incredible year in over a century, Scottish fitba should be adaptable... it should ensure that as many of our old clubs as possible survive for the next century.

41 clubs surviving would be good.

⚰️🔵⚰️⚰️🔴⚰️

26 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Pretty sure that was John Major? It happened in 1992. Thatcher was long gone.

BTW, universities had their problems at that time as well. Little cabals, taking public money with absolutely no accountability.

You can be as "pretty sure" as you like.

The rest of the world know who set that in motion.  :)

A similar example.

London has fleets of bikes. The tabloids  call them, " Boris Bikes", despite the fact that the idea, the funding and all of it was setup by Ken Livingstone.

19 hours ago, lenziebud said:
19 hours ago, jaybee said:

Actually an honours degree, and yes I also don't take everything to heart, but when people post absolut garbage as Shull does from time to time then I feel entitled to challenge it, equally I have on occasions supported some of his posts and if other posters choose to berete me and use Shull as a stick then I will retort and be sarcastic and picky as I feel entitled to do so.  I really don't give toss about other peoples opinions of my views; I don't need their validation and I respond in accordance with what has been posted. Play nice and I will to.

An honours degree, wow got one of those too. Anything else you want to add ?

I got mine when it was hard to get to Uni too !!

Its just hysterical the way people react to Shull and he just keeps looping them in. 

or be a c**t and be treated like one

19 hours ago, W6er said:
20 hours ago, jaybee said:

The only time Shull would be more interesting than anyone is assuming every other fecker is dead

You are more interested in Shulls posts simply because you have the mental capacity of a five year old (who has been kept back a year).

And if you seriously think Shulls posts are simply aimed at not just toeing the populist line, then I really must apologise to that five year old (who it seems was unjustly kept back a year).

And if you wish to learn more through 'going against the grain' start with an apostrophe between the t and s in It's..............  Just like what I done.

Sorry but the proof is here yet again no apostrophe, when I finished school and become an adult I learned to not forget them.........mostly.

I am not trying to cause you embarrassment, but the possessive apostrophe seems to have been missed. You're certainly not the only one, btw. 

Opppps they must have slipped under the keyboard

20 hours ago, GMan said:

Aye, he is. The wee fud is trying to make you look like a fud in front of everyone, Jaybee. The question is are you going to just take it from him like a wee fanny? 

Yes I am ........Ya equally wee fanny............. because it was pointed out (quite correctly) and in a reasonable manner; when he could easily and justifiably have  taken the piss and he does have a point, a lot of people; myself included tend to miss out possessive apostrophes, however that''s no excuse when you are pulling someone else up for a similar mistake.  And so; serve me my humble pie and I shall quietly eat it all up.

Edited by jaybee
apostropheeeeeeeeeeeeees

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Also - the lawyer was convinced that financial recompense for those most detrimentally hit would be found somehow.

Unusual for a lawyer to say, "we can do without the law getting messed intae this!"

And, for me, that is how it should work/have worked in Scotland.

Scotland could go for a temporary No Relegation.  Sadly, it seems to be not up for that.  I think it is wrong that any club be relegated with so much left to play for.  (And V. glad for the blessed Obika and his goal. :)  )

Scotland should compensate those clubs now to be relegated.

To that end, all Prize Money should be divided equally between the clubs of each division, AFTER Hearts, Partick, Stranraer (?) have been taken care of.

This is only 1 incredible year in over a century, Scottish fitba should be adaptable... it should ensure that as many of our old clubs as possible survive for the next century.

It's nice that you are trying to be so reasonable; BUT, at the end of each season (which we are at now)........NOT the end of each season with all the games played....................... but the end of this season nevertheless, the usual rules (where they can be applied) should apply, ergo relegation and promotion decided in the fairest method possible (which I think it has been) the play offs cannot sensibly happen ergo........they don't.  There have been discussions regarding new set ups; but for whatever reason a consensus was not found, end of.  If I am honest the only team I have any sympathy for is Partick Thistle; but it is what it is, it could well have been St Mirren instead of Hearts.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

You can be as "pretty sure" as you like.

The rest of the world know who set that in motion.  :)

A similar example.

London has fleets of bikes. The tabloids  call them, " Boris Bikes", despite the fact that the idea, the funding and all of it was setup by Ken Livingstone.

I was being diplomatic. It absolutely was John Major's decision but good luck re-writing history on that score. :lol:

Ideas are ten a penny. Only those who actually deliver should be credited.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I was being diplomatic. It absolutely was John Major's decision but good luck re-writing history on that score. :lol:

Aye.

Similarly, Boris Johnson and his various women give all the credit for his various sprogs to midwives across the land, who delivered.  :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Major wouldn't know his arse from his elbow in much the same way he wouldn't know the difference between the two types of institution.

Here she is already warming to the subject - before she was in power.

https://www.margaretthatcher.org/document/101716

this was before she got up further up herself and took offence with Oxford's knockback.

And this Telegraph article talks of how she'd been worrying away at it from when she was education secretary.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationopinion/9979999/How-Margaret-Thatcher-transformed-our-universities.html

Just trying to be helpful. As usual.  :)

Edited by antrin

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

40 would be better  :rolleyes:

I am much more in favour of roughly 28 surviving in the senior tiers of Scottish Football.

Below that you can have as many area sub-leagues as you like, all competing to end up in the top two of their respective area leagues and then they play off to provide one up to the senior tier.

In reality Scottish football has been fu**ed for at least twenty years. Crowds are low and when you get down to the third and fourth tiers of the league structure, the turnouts for a game are well below 1000 regularly.

Like many I would love to see the Glasgow twins disappear from the Scottish game. They control much of what money is about and they poison just about every game they play in Scotland, so for many it would be better if they went elsewhere. That would leave a much more level-playing field for all the others to compete and who knows, once in a while, a St. Mirren or St Johnstone side might just compete at the top end of the league as opposed to struggling near the bottom of the Premier set-up.

Oh, I suppose I can day-dream, what else is there to do these days as we remain in lockdown for another three weeks!!!!

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Dunfermline Chairman's statement. Looks like the ICT chairman is getting his balls toed the next time that they meet.:boxing

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Chairman`s_Statement_&ID=11909

Maybe an independent investigation will be the only way clubs can move on. 

Will it be voted through tomorrow? - I really can't see it.

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

Dunfermline Chairman's statement. Looks like the ICT chairman is getting his balls toed the next time that they meet.:boxing

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Chairman`s_Statement_&ID=11909

Well said that man, and I like the way he stopped short of retaliation, not sure I could have..................................Glesca kiss methinks. :)

Season is over.

All SPFL top flight clubs have given confirmation that they will not object to the SPFL calling the season, awarding Celtic the title and relegating Hearts in the meeting today.

Then goes before SPFL board next week for approval before submission to UEFA.