Plans for next season

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Season is over.

All SPFL top flight clubs have given confirmation that they will not object to the SPFL calling the season, awarding Celtic the title and relegating Hearts in the meeting today.

Then goes before SPFL board next week for approval before submission to UEFA.

About time too.

18 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Season is over.

All SPFL top flight clubs have given confirmation that they will not object to the SPFL calling the season, awarding Celtic the title and relegating Hearts in the meeting today.

Then goes before SPFL board next week for approval before submission to UEFA.

Hurrah! Thanks for the update. 

39 minutes ago, antrin said:

I dunno.

I think The Gers Sevco won THIS league fair, and slightly wonky....  :lol:

Top 6.  Reasonable.  Buddies do their talking on the pitch...  :rolleyes:

One more wee statement from Hearts and they would have pipped Sevco on word difference.  Same old Hearts snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. 

Celtic relegated but calling foul on lost statements claiming league should be null and void or league reconstruction 

Stranraer with zero statements claiming they could have caught Stirling with a late surge 

Ann budge rules out reconstruction 

Season called, now time to plan for the next. Bit of a shame we aren't getting a bigger league but what can you do? 

Also for me, this season has yet again been a success. Another season of improvement on the park, any questions about our recruitment strategies (and the staff involved) categorically put to bed and seemingly one of the more secure clubs in the country to handle the Coronavirus pandemic.

Well done SMFC. 

55 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Season called, now time to plan for the next. Bit of a shame we aren't getting a bigger league but what can you do? 

Also for me, this season has yet again been a success. Another season of improvement on the park, any questions about our recruitment strategies (and the staff involved) categorically put to bed and seemingly one of the more secure clubs in the country to handle the Coronavirus pandemic.

Well done SMFC. 

We got a break with that Obika goal in the end and we definitely were starting to play better and get results so we can certainly call it a success.

I have to say though that we sailed a bit too close to the wind for my liking and the goals for column was really dreadful. We need to sort that out and Jim has rightly been given the chance to do so. This season has been a real concern throughout.

Looking forward to the restart.

Its strange how everything could have turned on that last game against Hearts. Going home that night after seeing a 1-0 defeat instead of a 1-0 win would have had us relegated today on goals scored!

Thanks Jon Obika for helping us climb to 9th!

Thanks the rest of the team for ensuring we didn't fall to 12th.

Cheerio Hearts - can't say I'll miss you

8 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Its strange how everything could have turned on that last game against Hearts. Going home that night after seeing a 1-0 defeat instead of a 1-0 win would have had us relegated today on goals scored!

Don't speak too soon re hearts. Budge re submitting plans for re construction, and if they don't go through, threatening legal action.

43 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

I think we had a goal cushion as well so it would have had to be a 2 goal deficit to put us down, regardless it was tight. We also shouldn't detract from that being the 30th game. If we had lost, in normal situation we would have still had eight games to save ourselves and our point total was up on last season. 

All in all I'm happy with this season and hopefully a decent foundation to keep us going. Next season we'll be even further up that table hopefully 👍

38 minutes ago, barrhead saint said:

Don't speak too soon re hearts. Budge re submitting plans for re construction, and if they don't go through, threatening legal action.

No chance. Legal action costs a lot of money. 

Ann Budge arguing it will be expensive but less costly than relegation would be.

But the massive risk is that if they lose the legal action it will cost them twice!

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I think we had a goal cushion as well so it would have had to be a 2 goal deficit to put us down, regardless it was tight. We also shouldn't detract from that being the 30th game. If we had lost, in normal situation we would have still had eight games to save ourselves and our point total was up on last season. 

All in all I'm happy with this season and hopefully a decent foundation to keep us going. Next season we'll be even further up that table hopefully 👍

One goal would have done it.  We did have a 2 goal cushion but if Hearts had won 1-0 it would have wiped it out as they'd have gained one and we'd have lost one. So a 2 goal swing.

They'd then have gone above us on goals scored.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

One goal would have done it.  We did have a 2 goal cushion but if Hearts had won 1-0 it would have wiped it out as they'd have gained one and we'd have lost one. So a 2 goal swing.

They'd then have gone above us on goals scored.

Ah right okay, that would have been a horrible way to go down. 

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

We got a break with that Obika goal in the end and we definitely were starting to play better and get results so we can certainly call it a success.

I have to say though that we sailed a bit too close to the wind for my liking and the goals for column was really dreadful. We need to sort that out and Jim has rightly been given the chance to do so. This season has been a real concern throughout.

Looking forward to the restart.

Having the Killie games postponed was also a real break since we would likely have had both McCarthy and MacPherson missing.

Add in Waters not able to play and Foley missing in midfield to cover in defence.

Going into the last few games before the split, and maybe the rest of the season with only 1 fit centre half would have been scary.