Plans for next season

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Having the Killie games postponed was also a real break since we would likely have had both McCarthy and MacPherson missing.

Add in Waters not able to play and Foley missing in midfield to cover in defence.

Going into the last few games before the split, and maybe the rest of the season with only 1 fit centre half would have been scary.

Agree, add into that 2 of our best players in Flynn and Magennis  out with cruciate ligament injuries and we would have struggled.

Now by the time we get back playing these guys will be all close to being fully fit plus a few new additions.

Also for JG career as a manager that Obika goal was so important because relegation would have been tough to bounce back from.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

No chance. Legal action costs a lot of money. 

Ann Budge arguing it will be expensive but less costly than relegation would be.

But the massive risk is that if they lose the legal action it will cost them twice!

Yup. I'd be astonished if Hearts had enough money to pay for legal action, risking losing it and then having to reduce next season's playing budget as a result.

She's just another in a tedious line of people who just won't take "No" for an answer.

Hearts should move on IMO and focus on getting ready for the new season.

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Agree, add into that 2 of our best players in Flynn and Magennis  out with cruciate ligament injuries and we would have struggled.

Now by the time we get back playing these guys will be all close to being fully fit plus a few new additions.

Also for JG career as a manager that Obika goal was so important because relegation would have been tough to bounce back from.

It just shows that the margin between success and failure can be absolutely wafer thin.

Getting relegated with such an unbalanced squad under Jim might have done serious damage to his career.

Reminded me of Ian Murray. Didn't he fall foul of that with a ridiculous number of shite strikers or am I thinking of someone else?

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

It just shows that the margin between success and failure can be absolutely wafer thin.

Getting relegated with such an unbalanced squad under Jim might have done serious damage to his career.

Reminded me of Ian Murray. Didn't he fall foul of that with a ridiculous number of shite strikers or am I thinking of someone else?

Tommy Craig was the most guilty of bring in overweight and useless strikers.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Absolutely, it's such a knife edge. If we went down with what we would have retained from this squad I doubt we would have been back up for at least a few seasons. But if we look at what we potentially have for next season, work to be done but we have a lot of quality players 

Obika

McCarthy

Magennis

Durmus

Foley

McCgrath 

Macpherson

and potentials with McAllister if he stays fit, Junior if he sorts his consistency out and Flynn if we take a punt on him next season. I'm more than confident we can build a solid team around that. 

Yup. I'd be astonished if Hearts had enough money to pay for legal action, risking losing it and then having to reduce next season's playing budget as a result.
She's just another in a tedious line of people who just won't take "No" for an answer.
Hearts should move on IMO and focus on getting ready for the new season.
If they do questions need to be asked why she held the proverbial gun to players heads over wage reductions at the start of the C19 crisis.

28 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Absolutely, it's such a knife edge. If we went down with what we would have retained from this squad I doubt we would have been back up for at least a few seasons. But if we look at what we potentially have for next season, work to be done but we have a lot of quality players 

Obika

McCarthy

Magennis

Durmus

Foley

McCgrath 

Macpherson

and potentials with McAllister if he stays fit, Junior if he sorts his consistency out and Flynn if we take a punt on him next season. I'm more than confident we can build a solid team around that. 

Good point. If we want to improve then maybe Flynn is one we want to move on even though he has put in some great performances for us. Injury might just make sense to cut our loses. Might get a one year deal due to his versatility

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Obika

McCarthy

Magennis

Durmus

Foley

McCgrath 

Macpherson

Junior? Terrible footballer who offers nothing...

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Problem with Flynn is that he was going to be missing the bulk of 2020 with his ACL anyway so it might be a risk we cannot take to carry an injured player for 5 or 6 months. 

He was playing really well before his injury. 

1 hour ago, Leatherface said:

Junior? Terrible footballer who offers nothing...

Some good games and bad games, often played out of position. Still think he could make an impact. Let’s not forget people were saying similar about Obika earlier this season. 

2 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Good point. If we want to improve then maybe Flynn is one we want to move on even though he has put in some great performances for us. Injury might just make sense to cut our loses. Might get a one year deal due to his versatility

Yeah, need to see if he recovers from it. He was heading for player of the season before it IMO. 

11 hours ago, antrin said:

I think this seems acceptable, however...

... after the pandemic has passed, when Scottish fitba gets going again...

...what makes her think there’ll be enough clubs surviving to fill umpteen leagues so easily?

It's not acceptable.

At the end of the 2021/22 season, 20 out of the 42 clubs in Scotland (assuming all are still there) would be relegated to revert leagues back to current setup.

So it's OK for almost 50% of clubs to be displaced? Not having it.

Reconstruction, I've not got an issue with. Temporary can f**k off though.

12 hours ago, eastlandssaint said:

Not reasonable at all. 

"This is not about permanent reconstruction. It is about finding a path to  deal with the emergency situation, which is likely to impact all member clubs for the next two seasons. save us from relegation and fkuc every body else" Pure and simple.

And trying to claim the moral high ground to boot. This has nothing to do with Partick or any other side. It's her selfish attempt at saving her team.

Any change in structure MUST be done for the good of the game and in place for a minimum of five years. Not for the sake of saving one underachieving club. I hope teams like RC, StJ and Accies, as well as us see this for what it is.

Edited by stlucifer