Plans for next season

Ok, so you don't think as an individual the footy aughorities will tske your view into account but the BBC do have a complaints procedure and if you make your points to them regarding their broadcasting bias you are required to respond to you, give it a go!

28 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Ok, so you don't think as an individual the footy aughorities will tske your view into account but the BBC do have a complaints procedure and if you make your points to them regarding their broadcasting bias you are required to respond to you, give it a go!

FORFUXSAKE 

Shut up 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

I have to laugh. You must really have flipped. You couldn't be more wrong. However, I don't hate them either 

Flipped ? 

It is you who is complicit in the sectarianism and corruption in Football by contributing financially ye auld troll. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

To be honest. Let them have colt teams in the leagues. But. Cap them at division 3 in a 3 division set up or divisions 3 and 4 in a 4 division set up. 

Honest? from Walter Mitty? Now that is irony.

We want -2, not +2

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:

I thought you postec things for them to be commented on I didn't realise others weren't allowed to post unless it was just to agree with you, anyway why don't you practice what you've suggested above emoji3.png

Still waiting on your opinion on the latest topic. 

You haven't said anything yet. 

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:

I thought you postec things for them to be commented on I didn't realise others weren't allowed to post unless it was just to agree with you, anyway why don't you practice what you've suggested above emoji3.png

Don't want anybody agreeing. 

No fun in that. 

2 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Fair enough, can't stand either of the bigots and think the colts idea is ridiculous and should be opposed by all the other clubs, hope that helps.

All about opinions. I don't like or share any of the side issues that go with them but each country has a couple of teams that dominate the winning of silverware. We are no different. Imo. 

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

All about opinions. I don't like or share any of the side issues that go with them but each country has a couple of teams that dominate the winning of silverware. We are no different. Imo. 

Not sure that’s strictly true Ricky. Is there any other nation in the world that has only had two champions since the 80s & only had the same two teams dominate for the majority of their football history?

I’m not saying it isn’t an issue in other countries but Scotland is pretty much the blueprint for a league without change & competition. Most other places fluctuate the in control teams at least to some extent & when they don’t, you see unrest.

Take Spain for example, when Barca & Real started really running away, protestors held up banners naming the Scottish league as what they didn’t want to become. Granted it didn’t do them much good but at least they have another team (Atletico) in spitting distance. 

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Not sure that’s strictly true Ricky. Is there any other nation in the world that has only had two champions since the 80s & only had the same two teams dominate for the majority of their football history?

I’m not saying it isn’t an issue in other countries but Scotland is pretty much the blueprint for a league without change & competition. Most other places fluctuate the in control teams at least to some extent & when they don’t, you see unrest.

Take Spain for example, when Barca & Real started really running away, protestors held up banners naming the Scottish league as what they didn’t want to become. Granted it didn’t do them much good but at least they have another team (Atletico) in spitting distance. 

I take your point. It is much more exaggerated here. Worse too since the introduction of the "new" top league 

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I take your point. It is much more exaggerated here. Worse too since the introduction of the "new" top league 

Agreed, I also don’t see it getting any better unfortunately. IMO it’s one of the main reasons we don’t need further pandering to them with colt teams. 

On 6/5/2020 at 8:41 PM, bazil85 said:

I am categorically against Colts in the league in any format and certainly not when two teams are adding in financial rules to get them in that amount to no more than bribes for votes. 

There are few scenarios that could come to pass that would make me turn my back on financially supporting SMFC but this is one of them. In saying that, I have 100% faith that St Mirren will vote against this given the very clear fan opinion on it (possibly validated in some sort of fan/ SMISA engagement?). I would only be turning my back if they voted yes for it with no fan engagement. 

I'm sure that won't happen but if it did I would be requesting a full season ticket refund and immediately cancelling my SMISA membership. I am so angry after reading this ridiculous proposal from Sevco!  

For the first time in over a year were singing off the same hymn sheet, I would be much more in favour of kicking the old firm out of the league than introducing another two of them, 

listening to bbc sportsound podcast last night I nearly choked on my Peroni,  first we had the Dossier that would rock Scottish football to its core, now its the 2 arse cheeks in bed together revolutionising the game, you couldn't make it up, they just don't get it do they.  For starters just imagine the damage they would do to to our reputation of our league [as if it wasn't bad enough] if there B teams came 1st and 2nd in the Championship 

Am with you 100% on this Bazil well said mate would be the final straw for me 👍

Reassuring words from Uncle Roy at Ross County...:wacko:

Rangers' proposal for league reconstruction is "just too early" to be put in place for 2020-21, says Ross County chairman Roy MacGregor.

Celtic and Rangers would have B teams in the bottom tier of a 14-14-18 league set-up proposed by the Ibrox club.

MacGregor is generally supportive of the idea of B teams but feels the current 12-10-10-10 model should remain for now.

"I think it's a medium-term project," he told BBC Radio Scotland.

"Making these decisions at a time when there is stress on the industry is not clever. We're going to get a fixture list out in three weeks.

"The principles seem right, it's just too early to do it this season. I think everyone needs a bit more time."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52954368

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

PS> I wonder if our partners the Kibble would feel as strong as we do  :shutup

Interesting one, I’m sure GLS said this was one of those circumstance that would need agreement from all three. Got to imagine SMISA will side with the fans & not back the change. Anyone from SMISA on the website that could confirm this? 

My hope is Dundee United & Motherwell, as fan owned clubs would be the same. Hopefully at least one of them and the deal is dead. 

28 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Obviously, I don't feel as opposed to he idea. I like the 14..many don't. What I would be opposed to is any mechanism that allowed Celtic A and Rangers A to play in England and have B teams in Scotland. No.. Just no. 

. 8 

That was a rumour a few years ago wasn’t it? This would be a way for them to keep a foothold in Scottish football if they moved. Absolutely no from me as well. 

I wish they’d put colts in england and when they got to a decent level, transferred over. 

16 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

That was a rumour a few years ago wasn’t it? This would be a way for them to keep a foothold in Scottish football if they moved. Absolutely no from me as well. 

I wish they’d put colts in england and when they got to a decent level, transferred over. 

Interesting suggestion!