Plans for next season

On 6/7/2020 at 2:27 AM, bazil85 said:

Not sure that’s strictly true Ricky. Is there any other nation in the world that has only had two champions since the 80s & only had the same two teams dominate for the majority of their football history?

I’m not saying it isn’t an issue in other countries but Scotland is pretty much the blueprint for a league without change & competition. Most other places fluctuate the in control teams at least to some extent & when they don’t, you see unrest.

Take Spain for example, when Barca & Real started really running away, protestors held up banners naming the Scottish league as what they didn’t want to become. Granted it didn’t do them much good but at least they have another team (Atletico) in spitting distance. 

Bazil, given that most of the top leagues in Europe are almost twice the size of ours, if we extend our 2 to their 3 or 4 then I’d say every league in Europe is the same as ours.

One thing has created this. The Champions League. 

24 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

It's official, only 16 indicated support and SPFL statement confirmation that status quo will prevail. Let's get planning now.

I would have preferred it to go through but with financial adjustments in the top league 

7 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Dead right, Bud. Hearts have started legal action. When will we ever see a ball kicked in anger again?

Just saw that on BBC website as well. 

They included a video clip of the Obika goal, so I took the opportunity to watch again. 🙂

After a month of empty stadiums the noise as the goal went in nearly blew my eardrums !

Edited by southsidebud

6 minutes ago, munoz said:

You'd think they'd be a bit more frugal, but instead going to court for a case they have no guarantees of winning. 

I’d go a step further and say it’s a case they’ve got no chance of winning. 
Budge must have money to burn. 
might be worth a wee visit back to the St. Mirren thread on kickback in a wee while. They’ll be going bonkers. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Guest TPAFKATS
You'd think they'd be a bit more frugal, but instead going to court for a case they have no guarantees of winning. 
Very little chance given that although Dundee thing was a farce, it's been voted through by the member clubs.

Dead right, Bud. Hearts have started legal action. When will we ever see a ball kicked in anger again?
1st August. Hearts are trying to sue for compensation (ha ha). They cannot sue for ending the season or reconstruction as they were democratic votes.

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:
1 hour ago, pondsman said:

1st August. Hearts are trying to sue for compensation (ha ha). They cannot sue for ending the season or reconstruction as they were democratic votes.

I'm glad it's Hearts and  not us. I'm not gloating. 

It's not just Hearts 

It is Partick Thistle, Stranraer, Highland and Lowland League Clubs  and Teams who could have finished in higher league positions who have been screwed. 

Edited by shull

5 minutes ago, shull said:

It's not just Hearts 

It is Partick Thistle, Stranraer, Highland and Lowland League Clubs  and Teams who could have finished in higher league positions who have been screwed. 

Am I wrong or am I right? Do you feel that everyone is being screwed? By whom? 

3 minutes ago, shull said:

Why Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer but not Brechin? 

Brechin didn't finish in an automatic relegation position and the clubs collectively agreed to no play-offs....you wont like the answer, I get that, but I believe those are the facts!!

5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Um, right, well, erm not for the first time this is the day it'll all be sorted - unless of course it isn't! :rolleyes:

Well I guess it isn't - Hertz fans online seem pretty confidant they've got a strong case, however I don't think the SPFL (and the 26 clubs that voted against reconstruction) would've allowed the it to get to court unless they were equally confident

Seconds out! :boxing

Edited by Bud the Baker