Jump to content

Plans for next season


Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Other countries, Germany & Italy are already in talks to resume before the summer is over. 

I'd be surprised if we don't see a ball kicked this year. 

Be prepared to be surprised, this is current Scottish Govt. thinking

Quote

We are likely to require that gathering in groups, for example in pubs or at public events, is banned or restricted for some time to come. And good hand hygiene and cough hygiene must become fundamental habits.  We cannot afford to have exceptions. Each one of us will have to adapt to this as the new normal, at least until we are sure that we can be more protected by a vaccine or treatment.

Even closed door games are viewed with concern due to the possibility of people flouting the rules and gathering together to watch matches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Be prepared to be surprised, this is current Scottish Govt. thinking

Even closed door games are viewed with concern due to the possibility of people flouting the rules and gathering together to watch matches.

"Some time to come" is open to plenty of interpretation.

Time will tell. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SKY Conditions for 160 M contract

  • 2 teams must be from Glasgow
  • Must play each other a minimum of 6 times- ( 4 league . 2 cup finals)
  • Hatred, violence on both pitch and off
  • Neil Lennon/ Gerrard having a square go at least twice
  • Whilst playing away to whoever must have 75% of the attendance
  • Sign Chris Sutton and Andy Cameron

As for the rest, not important, do what you want !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, faraway saint said:

"Some time to come" is open to plenty of interpretation.

Time will tell. 

Indeed. This season is done, the priority now will be trying to get football in some form back for next season. I can see some renegotiation with Sky, with all SPL games being televised if fans can't attend. Lower league games are likely to be less affected by social distancing guidelines due to their generally lower crowds, so restrictions may have less of an impact there.

If next season doesn't take place, every club in the country will go into administration. There will be some compromise to allow football to go ahead. Other countries, like Germany and South Korea, are due to start playing again next month, albeit behind closed doors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Indeed. This season is done, the priority now will be trying to get football in some form back for next season. I can see some renegotiation with Sky, with all SPL games being televised if fans can't attend. Lower league games are likely to be less affected by social distancing guidelines due to their generally lower crowds, so restrictions may have less of an impact there.

If next season doesn't take place, every club in the country will go into administration. There will be some compromise to allow football to go ahead. Other countries, like Germany and South Korea, are due to start playing again next month, albeit behind closed doors.

So will social distancing be forgotten about or will we have defensive walls with players 6 feet apart?Will medical staff have to treat injured players from 6 feet away?
My personal opinion is there won’t be any football played this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, HSS said:

So will social distancing be forgotten about or will we have defensive walls with players 6 feet apart?Will medical staff have to treat injured players from 6 feet away?
My personal opinion is there won’t be any football played this year.

This is what I've been banging on about for ages. 

Think I read all players and staff would be tested but the flaw in that is the test only tells if a person does/doesn't have it ON THAT DAY. 

Risky strategy IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, HSS said:

So will social distancing be forgotten about or will we have defensive walls with players 6 feet apart?Will medical staff have to treat injured players from 6 feet away?
My personal opinion is there won’t be any football played this year.

Double post, apologies. 🤪

Edited by faraway saint
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HSS said:

So will social distancing be forgotten about or will we have defensive walls with players 6 feet apart?Will medical staff have to treat injured players from 6 feet away?
My personal opinion is there won’t be any football played this year.

I think the problem with social distancing is it is almost impossible to enforce in some situations, sport being one of them (though I think our defence for most of the 90's was already embracing it in their play). There's been talk of social distancing in schools - good luck with that one, have they ever seen how kids interact with each other?

This is the problem with the current approach. WHO have said there needs to be mass testing and contact tracing, so you know where the virus is and can treat and isolate accordingly. Government restrictions on all of us are because they didn't do that and have lost control, so we now see, as they attempt to come out of lockdown, inconsistent approaches which don't make sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest TPAFKATS
I think the problem with social distancing is it is almost impossible to enforce in some situations, sport being one of them (though I think our defence for most of the 90's was already embracing it in their play). There's been talk of social distancing in schools - good luck with that one, have they ever seen how kids interact with each other?
This is the problem with the current approach. WHO have said there needs to be mass testing and contact tracing, so you know where the virus is and can treat and isolate accordingly. Government restrictions on all of us are because they didn't do that and have lost control, so we now see, as they attempt to come out of lockdown, inconsistent approaches which don't make sense. 
To be fair inconcistancy has been the only constant over the last couple of months.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest TPAFKATS
Darren Fletcher is such a class act.
I think he’ll become a great coach one day. 
Comes across really well. Hope for his sake he stays away from club football in Scotland - always gets hassle from whatever ugly sister he didn't grow up supporting.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BBC article about the reconstruction in the 1970s.  From memory we scraped into the First Division cut in the last game or two.  Montrose, Dumbarton and Arbroath finished above us.  If I remember correctly the following season went quite well 😄

Hadn't realised Sevco's predecessors were up to no good on reconstruction in the 1960s.  So just keeping up the track record then now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52092855

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, David Mc said:

BBC article about the reconstruction in the 1970s.  From memory we scraped into the First Division cut in the last game or two.  Montrose, Dumbarton and Arbroath finished above us. 

We beat Forfar 2-0 in the 3rd last game of the season to secure 6th place and promotion.It was the 1st time I heard singing in the Main Stand.

The following week we got beat 5-0 away to East Stirling.😂

Edited by HSS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, HSS said:

We beat Forfar 2-0 in the 3rd last game of the season to secure 6th place and promotion.It was the 1st time I heard singing in the Main Stand.

The following week we got beat 5-0 away to East Stirling.😂

Establishing a tradition we repeated at Inverness 24 years later...:clapping

We're St. Murn, we don't give a fuck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...