Plans for next season

On 4/17/2020 at 9:52 AM, Bud the Baker said:

I don't think we're miles apart - what I meant was you'd introduce a new structure with the intent to review it after 5 years.

Like I say less than 24 hours after Dundee changed their vote & the Budge/Gray Review was announced she's saying any reconstruction should be temporary - like I said it shows what her true motive was all along.

7 weeks later "successful businesswoman Anne Budge" comes round to my POV! All it's cost her is the £2M her philanthropist pal is now divvying up between all the SPFL clubs rather than giving to Hearts individually.

The SPFL has asked clubs if they would back a 14-team Scottish Premiership for next season and, if not, how might their objections be overcome.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52905133

It should all be over by Friday teatime...

17 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

7 weeks later "successful businesswoman Anne Budge" comes round to my POV! All it's cost her is the £2M her philanthropist pal is now divvying up between all the SPFL clubs rather than giving to Hearts individually.

There's a difference between the new structure being in place for 5 years and it being "reviewed" in 5 years. This still smacks of self-preservation for Hearts but at least they are trying to come up with something.

Again, I'd be happy with the current setup or 14 in the top league but I wouldn't support anything designed to be temporary to support one club. I'd be holding that position even if this had been Saints relegated.

19 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

There's a difference between the new structure being in place for 5 years and it being "reviewed" in 5 years. This still smacks of self-preservation for Hearts but at least they are trying to come up with something.

Again, I'd be happy with the current setup or 14 in the top league but I wouldn't support anything designed to be temporary to support one club. I'd be holding that position even if this had been Saints relegated.

This is the only reason I'm still against it. I want complete transparency on what happens in 5 years time. If retaining the bigger league requires the same parameters as the 11-1 vote currently in place, then absolutely not. If it's a much fairer vote on retaining (straight majority of all clubs or even something around the 60% mark) then I would be happy with this. 

They should be using this as an opportunity to do away with the voting structure that clearly doesn't work and stunts change in Scottish football. 

Indeed... If temporary to assist one club... SIX clubs would face demotion from the championship once Hearts were sure they were safe.

Fair how?

Aberdeen chairman out against the five year option, reason given is we're only eight weeks away from football and trying to reconstruct isn't appropriate. I don't understand how that argument  doesn't apply in the two year option he supports.. 

Edited by bazil85

@bazil85 @oaksoft

I understand it's not quite what I was advocating for but there would be nothing to stop the club putting forward that the situation should be reviewed in 5 years other than automatically reverting to a 12 team top flight.

IMO it has less chance of passing now as all the top flight teams have assessed their likely budget for 20/21 and made offers on that basis, I think it had more chance of happening mid-April but "successful business woman Anne Budge" badly misjudged the mood of the other clubs at the time, even if the 5 year proposal passes it will have been purchased at the cost of £2M to Hearts (minus their share - 1/42) from their "anonymous philanthropist".

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Agree

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Aberdeen chairman out against the five year option, reason given is we're only eight weeks away from football and trying to reconstruct isn't appropriate. I don't understand how that argument  doesn't apply in the two year option he supports.. 

Self interest or negotiating position

Serves the greedy corrupt cnuts right.

What a fecking mess our Game is in.

If they had made correct plans to finish Season 2019/20 then there would be no problems and everything would continue swimmingly.

FECK THE LOT OF THEM AND THE STUPID GULLIBLE FANS PAYING INTO THE FARCE.

12 hours ago, shull said:

Serves the greedy corrupt cnuts right.

What a fecking mess our Game is in.

If they had made correct plans to finish Season 2019/20 then there would be no problems and everything would continue swimmingly.

FECK THE LOT OF THEM AND THE STUPID GULLIBLE FANS PAYING INTO THE FARCE.

Aye because you were an outspoken advocate for how "swimmingly" Scottish football was going before this lol. 

12 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Me too. More money in one way or another or a change in voting rights

Potentially worried about losing money for 5 years, if the top flight is expanded the prize money for teams finishing 13th & 14th will almost certainly be increased to allow them a competitive budget which will have funded somehow.

Coupla news stories from the Beeb, both with financial implications for the club....

1. Scottish Premiership clubs have been dealt a blow as HMRC confirm players will need to come off the furlough scheme when they return to training.
  2. Premiership teams face testing bills of up to £5,000 per week to enable their players to get back to training this month.

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Coupla news stories from the Beeb, both with financial implications for the club....

1. Scottish Premiership clubs have been dealt a blow as HMRC confirm players will need to come off the furlough scheme when they return to training.
  2. Premiership teams face testing bills of up to £5,000 per week to enable their players to get back to training this month.

We cant expect the taxpayers to pick up the wages of players when they start training since that is them back at work. 

5K a week is a sore one but I thought the money that the billionaire guy is giving to clubs would have helped to cover that for a few months.

Could well be it will be only players that will be in the 1st team squad that return to training, with all other age groups staying away till next year. 

Lots of good young players could well be lost to the game sadly.

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

Testing during training depends on squad size. Last weekend on Sportsound the figure being quoted was around 2 grand for a squad of 20 being tested twice a week.

Assuming testing would also have to be done to everybody else who will be in the ground on matchday but not at the training ground.

Cleaners, groundman, security, club doctor, match officials etc 

The games in Germany have up to around 300 in the ground during the games  :shockaroony

Would the chairman and other directors be allowed in on matchday ?

Assuming testing would also have to be done to everybody else who will be in the ground on matchday but not at the training ground.
The games in Germany have up to around 300 in the ground during the games  :shockaroony
Costs would undoubtedly be higher for games but social distancing could sort out most the hangers on.

I read somewhere that the testing machines cost £36K each and only the green bigots and Ross County have purchased them.

I presume if you don't use your own equipment, that you'll have to send them to a testing lab, which could be quite costly.

I am assuming the SPFL have no rainy day fund for any extreme circumstances.

Nah, I didnae fecking think so.

All of their income is given straight back to the Clubs to overpay their shite players.

Corrupt fecking scumbags

1 hour ago, Sonny said:
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Costs would undoubtedly be higher for games but social distancing could sort out most the hangers on.

Well I would put my hand up to be a hanger on   :)