Global Fascist State

shull

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

JC if he existed died in AD 33ish - the four Books of the New Testament are estimated to have been written between 70 & 110 AD.

Interestingly Lord Balfour whose 1917 Declaration was a major step in the formation of modern Israel had strong Christian beliefs and according to many sources believed this would lead to the Second Coming - at the time he was heard to say "Armageddon outa here before it all blows up".

Absolutely, that will teach me not to read my posts. I've had a long day stuck in front of a computer and I'm shattered. 

Few historians doubt the historicity of Jesus, btw. Even the heathen lefty types at The Guardian tend to agree on that: - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/14/what-is-the-historical-evidence-that-jesus-christ-lived-and-died

I don't think it's credible for a mythical figure to have spawned such a massive religion, let's not forget that the Roman Empire were unable to suppress Christianity, despite feeding Christians to the lions, and ultimately adopted it as their faith. 

Have you read the Balfour Declaration? 'Dear Lord Rothschild...' One has to wonder why the Foreign Secretary was writing to a global banker and promising him a country's territory in 1917. A crazy conspiracy theorist might suggest the government was looking for money to finance the war, or he was honouring a bargain struck to bring America into it...or something. 

So we are taking drastic measures in order to save lives, to limit the amount of kids who lose parents and the number of parents who have to bury children and yet some halfwit complains by rolling out the old fascist nonsense.

Get a grip, get a grip indeed.

PS as much as a dribbling idiot you are, stay safe, every Buddie stay safe.

9 hours ago, TediousTom said:

So we are taking drastic measures in order to save lives, to limit the amount of kids who lose parents and the number of parents who have to bury children and yet some halfwit complains by rolling out the old fascist nonsense.

Get a grip, get a grip indeed.

PS as much as a dribbling idiot you are, stay safe, every Buddie stay safe.

Agreed. The only real argument is that the government should have done more and sooner. Even now, planes are still flying into Heathrow from Madrid, Rome and New York, while the health secretary thinks it's ok to turn up at a press conference six days after being diagnosed. One rule for them and another for us?

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Agreed. The only real argument is that the government should have done more and sooner. Even now, planes are still flying into Heathrow from Madrid, Rome and New York, while the health secretary thinks it's ok to turn up at a press conference six days after being diagnosed. One rule for them and another for us?

Planes are flying into and out of Italy, and most other countries.

UK bad. 

Gies piece. 

We are being issued with headed letter confirmation that  we are essential workers. Apparently the police will be clamping down on  driving unnecessarily. A step too far I think. If you're in your car you're self isolating anyway. Police stopping a car and getting close to the driver is, as far as I'm concerned, counterproductive.

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

We are being issued with headed letter confirmation that  we are essential workers. Apparently the police will be clamping down on  driving unnecessarily. A step too far I think. If you're in your car you're self isolating anyway. Police stopping a car and getting close to the driver is, as far as I'm concerned, counterproductive.

It's, IMO, to stop lots of people driving to the same location unnecessarily.

Preventing the scenes of a few weekends ago. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

It's, IMO, to stop lots of people driving to the same location unnecessarily.

Preventing the scenes of a few weekends ago. 

That's all well and good but, an it might turn out not to be true, we've been told the police are going to stop vehicles in transit to check. That's the bit I think would cause danger of infection of the police or the driver. And what answer would they get anyway. I'm on my way to do my weekly shop? I'm going for a prescription? They certainly won't be told, "I'm off to the beach for a mass barbeque".

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

That's all well and good but, an it might turn out not to be true, we've been told the police are going to stop vehicles in transit to check. That's the bit I think would cause danger of infection of the police or the driver. And what answer would they get anyway. I'm on my way to do my weekly shop? I'm going for a prescription? They certainly won't be told, "I'm off to the beach for a mass barbeque".

The chances of the driver or police getting any infection is next to nil, they are staying a distance away, not jumping in beside you for a snog. :rolleyes:

If you give them any of the reasons you quote there more than likely to be satisfied, unless you were 20 miles from home. 

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

What about, "Well, now I'm on my way to the police station to report an officer needlessly stopping me and potentially endangering my life from coronavirus infection. By the way, what's your number, officer?"

Dear oh dear, what mince. :lol:

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 5:57 PM, Hiram Abiff said:

From Swiss Propaganda Research

The answer to all the questions appears to be TPAFTWAT

In the current situation, the old and proven propaganda rule applies again: the less is known, the more is speculated. For attentive readers, however, this offers an opportunity to assess the standards and focus of different media outlets and authors.

One may ask, for example:

Who merely counts test-positive case and death figures without asking what these people actually fall ill with or die of?

Who addresses the issue of so-called excess mortality, which is still within or even below the normal range in all countries and age groups?

Who asks how many additional, unexpected pneumonia patients there are in intensive care units, and what their age and health profile is?

Who verifies if the number of test-positive people is simply rising proportional to the number of tests, i.e. stays constant in percentage terms?

Who prefers frightening pictures of viruses, protective suits and coffins rather than actual data, facts and background information?

Who discusses the well-known problems with virus test kits in general, and the missing clinical validation of the currently used virus test kit in particular?

Who highlights the problematic role played by the WHO in previous cases, and in this one?

Who is trying to add a political or geopolitical spin to the current situation?

Shaft?

On 4/2/2020 at 11:30 PM, Yflab said:

The Scots have influenced modern society more than the state of Israel.

We live in Gods country.

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God went missing for six days.
Eventually, Gabriel the archangel found him, resting on the seventh day.

He inquired of God, "Where have you been?"
God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed
downwards through the clouds,
"Look Gabriel, look what I've made."

Archangel Gabriel looked puzzled and said,
"What is it?"

"It's a planet", replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance".

"Balance?" inquired Gabriel, still confused.

God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth. "For example,
Northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth while Southern
Europe is going to be poor; the Middle East over there will be a hot spot."

"Over there I've placed a continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people" God continued, pointing to different countries.

And over there, I call this place America. North America will be rich and powerful and cold, while South America will be poor, and hot and friendly.
And the little spot in the middle is Central America which is a hot spot.
Can you see the balance?"

"Yes" said the Archangel, impressed by Gods work, then he pointed to a small country in Northern Europe,
"What's that one?"

"Ah" said God. "That's Scotland, the most glorious place on Earth. There are beautiful snow capped mountains, untouched rivers, streams and lochs of exquisite, timeless beauty.
The people make a drink called Uisge Beatha or Whisky which means "The Water of Life".
The people are good looking, intelligent and humorous and they're going to be
found travelling the world. They'll be extremely sociable, hard-working and high-achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as warriors, engineers, inventors and pioneers.

Gabriel gasped in wonder and admiration but then said
"You said there will be BALANCE!"

God replied wisely.
"Wait until you see the bastards I'm putting next to them!".

Quoted directly  from a tea towel!

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

Oh sorry. Nobody told me you now own the Internet. Wgaf. I heard Billy Connolly tell the joke 40 years ago. I wonder whether he is due royalties on sales of f**kin tea towels....

I was the one who told it to Billy, back in 1973. We were 8n the Saracen's Head,  Gallowgate. Mine was a pint of heavy, he had a JD and coke and a packet of cheese and onion Walker's. He got most of his material from me, in fact. He used to write them down on the back of beer mats.