Global Fascist State

shull

I do think it is very worrying how freedom of speech has been curtailed. It's an insidious process that leads to people being sent to gulags for thought crime.

If the powers that be really have sinister intentions, I think they will be become really obvious over this decade. I think it might be a really turbulent one.

6 hours ago, W6er said:

I do think it is very worrying how freedom of speech has been curtailed. It's an insidious process that leads to people being sent to gulags for thought crime.

If the powers that be really have sinister intentions, I think they will be become really obvious over this decade. I think it might be a really turbulent one.

People using "freedom of speech" as some sort of licence to say or post ANYTHING are just wrong.

Of course there should be a place for people to express their feelings and views but if these views are extreme and lead to danger then, quite rightly, they should be stopped.

You only need to look at the good old USA, hiding behind the second amendment to allow any lunatic to have a gun.

Freedom of speech cannot be a weapon for lunatics to spread hate or dangerous views.

As for Icke, he should be banned from any form of communication with the public, you know it makes sense. 

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

People using "freedom of speech" as some sort of licence to say or post ANYTHING are just wrong.

Of course there should be a place for people to express their feelings and views but if these views are extreme and lead to danger then, quite rightly, they should be stopped.

You only need to look at the good old USA, hiding behind the second amendment to allow any lunatic to have a gun.

Freedom of speech cannot be a weapon for lunatics to spread hate or dangerous views.

As for Icke, he should be banned from any form of communication with the public, you know it makes sense. 

You seem to be confusing the second amendment, the right to bear arms, with the first. Who determines what is 'hateful' or 'dangerous'? A tyrannical government will always frame their adversaries as dangerous and as having malevolent intentions. It is healthy to challenge orthodox opinions, just as Galileo did. Criminalising political speech and censoring those who question the government's narrative is what is evil. Oppression and censorship are the tools of tyrants, and should not be tolerated in free societies.

1 minute ago, W6er said:

You seem to be confusing the second amendment, the right to bear arms, with the first. Who determines what is 'hateful' or 'dangerous'? A tyrannical government will always frame their adversaries as dangerous and as having malevolent intentions. It is healthy to challenge orthodox opinions, just as Galileo did. Criminalising political speech and censoring those who question the government's narrative is what is evil. Oppression and censorship are the tools of tyrants, and should not be tolerated in free societies.

I'm not getting mixed up at all, just showing a comparison that any law can be misused and abused by anyone who thinks they can do/say what they like. 

Someone has to determine what's acceptable. 

If you have no controls you will have anarchy, I know what I prefer. 

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm not getting mixed up at all, just showing a comparison that any law can be misused and abused by anyone who thinks they can do/say what they like. 

Someone has to determine what's acceptable. 

If you have no controls you will have anarchy, I know what I prefer. 

There's a huge difference between doing what one likes and saying what one likes. Surely you can appreciate that? “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”

1 minute ago, W6er said:

There's a huge difference between doing what one likes and saying what one likes. Surely you can appreciate that? “If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”

Are you saying words have some sort of lesser effect? :blink:

I would suggest, especially in today's world, words have more potential for harm. 

50 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Are you saying words have some sort of lesser effect? :blink:

I would suggest, especially in today's world, words have more potential for harm. 

Two hypothetical examples contrasting the effects of hateful speech versus  hateful actions:

Hateful Action: I stab you fifty times with a large kitchen knife.

Hateful Speech: "You retarded, old white poofter! I hope you and your whole family die of the coronavirus and then rot in hell for eternity."

Which one of the above is likely to cause you more lasting harm? 

41 minutes ago, W6er said:

Two hypothetical examples contrasting the effects of hateful speech versus  hateful actions:

Hateful Speech: "You retarded, old white poofter! I hope you and your whole family die of the coronavirus and then rot in hell for eternity."

Dear oh dear. 

Cracking examples.

I'm out. 👋

1 hour ago, W6er said:

Being called old does scar me presently. 

Guest TPAFKATS

It's quite bizarre that those who complain about being sent to the sin bin are also suggesting that "free speech" should be curtailed, not for being hateful, but just because they don't agree with it.

3 hours ago, W6er said:

Are you actually comparing David Icke with Gallileo? :D