Global Fascist State

shull

Guest TPAFKATS
More far right mayhem. Governments really need to come down hard on this. 
3EE5A6DA-6908-402A-A855-824EE4F63C5A.thumb.jpeg.8008faa4eabd488eb6c05fb029d8577f.jpeg
Saturdays rally in trafalgar square saw the British Union of Fascists flag being displayed for the first time since 1930s.
The rise of fascism should concern us all.

44 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Saturdays rally in trafalgar square saw the British Union of Fascists flag being displayed for the first time since 1930s.
The rise of fascism should concern us all.

Absolutely, they are doing what they have always done, crawling out from under there rocks during a period of crisis and trying to take advantage of people’s fears. If ever the country needed a strong government then this is the time. I just don’t think Boris and co can provide the leadership required. 

The intent of the hate bill is sound (no promotion of hate) however they need to get it right. It’s still going through Parliament so I am sure it will be amended and have some sunset clause inserted. 
Victim Support Scotland have a good interpretation of the benefits for those that have been victims of hate crimes.

https://victimsupport.scot/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/VSS_Hate_Crime_Bill_consultation_response_24.07.20.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiLjdSHstrrAhXBsKQKHQV3AW4QFjACegQIChAO&usg=AOvVaw2rivz9VEF4wsTjQQI2niX1

17 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I can’t imagine there are any benefits of being the victim of a hate crime? 

The intent of the hate bill is sound (no promotion of hate) however they need to get it right. It’s still going through Parliament so I am sure it will be amended and have some sunset clause inserted. 

I read an article (can’t find it at the moment) that the proposed bill is causing a bit of a stir at the European Convention on Human Rights over the legality of such a move.
We’ve survived for years with bigotry which from a government point, have done nothing to put an end to it.
I’m not a lover of the various seasonal parades from either the Orange Order or the Republican side, but they do have that right to march, which I respect from a legal point. But this bill from what I’ve read and my understanding is correct is a bit more sinister. As far as I’m aware there has been no consideration to or consultation with the people of Scotland on how they feel about this bill.
I know on the BAWA forum we all disagree at times, and personal insults are flung between participants, but does that now mean members could have a knock at the door from the local constabulary (thought division) if a member takes offence at a comment that may not be directed at the offendee ?