Why isn't there a St. Mirren Just Giving page?

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aren't season tickets and other revenue streams to keep a club alive? 

If you think it's a good idea, start it up. 

It surely hasn't escaped your attention that the club's revenue streams - which, to quote you, 'keep a club alive' - have recently dried up? Some season ticket holders are demanding refunds, there are no gate receipts from matches, I'm unsure whether the TV broadcasters will honour their contracts in full now, the airdome is closed as is the club shop.

I'm just a regular fan. I only joined SMISA last month. I would prefer to leave the crowdfunding to people who hold positions within the club, especially when nobody will have heard of me.

49 minutes ago, W6er said:

It surely hasn't escaped your attention that the club's revenue streams - which, to quote you, 'keep a club alive' - have recently dried up? Some season ticket holders are demanding refunds, there are no gate receipts from matches, I'm unsure whether the TV broadcasters will honour their contracts in full now, the airdome is closed as is the club shop.

I'm just a regular fan. I only joined SMISA last month. I would prefer to leave the crowdfunding to people who hold positions within the club, especially when nobody will have heard of me.

Nobody needs to have heard of you, 5 mins to set up a Just giving page, you started this thread yesterday, rather than people coming on and having a go you might have been suprised to see how much could have been donated.

Club shop is still open online, just ordered another top for my grandson that is on sale

Just do it, the rest will follow

Seen this morning on SKY sports, Aberdeen chairman stating that the SPFL are in talks to show all games live on the telly if games are played behind closed doors. Could we tell the club that we would be happy to pay £5.00 Pay per view, simply added to your sky bill, then monies passed on to the club. Most of us spend that at the ground when buying our pre-match or half-time snack.

Club would the receive approx £20,000 each home game with very little expense. Just an idea!

25 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Seen this morning on SKY sports, Aberdeen chairman stating that the SPFL are in talks to show all games live on the telly if games are played behind closed doors. Could we tell the club that we would be happy to pay £5.00 Pay per view, simply added to your sky bill, then monies passed on to the club. Most of us spend that at the ground when buying our pre-match or half-time snack.

Club would the receive approx £20,000 each home game with very little expense. Just an idea!

I don't understand, is this a serious suggestion?

How the feck are players going to protect themselves, and families?

Bring out a new "2 metre" rule?

Even a closed doors match will need a considerable amount of people.

IF this goes ahead it's utter madness IMO.

You can't have players & officials running around and ask the public to sit in their fecking house. 

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You can't have players & officials running around and ask the public to sit in their fecking house. 

Think it is at early stages, if players have been self isolating for between 7 to 14 days depending on family circumstances then yeah, I think it could be done. All we need is the Janny to unlock the doors, switch the power on and then come back at at the end of the game.

Simple!!!😂

7 minutes ago, W6er said:

There's a fundraising effort already in place for St. Mirren: https://donateaticket.com/donate/st-mirren/ - it just needs a club official to give the site permission.

I understand the website is a not-profit venture.

^^^^^^ He's back. 

Almost 2 days, well done..................:lol:

I give up. I thought this was a forum for St. Mirren fans, yet I suspect half the regular posters on here would actually be quite pleased if the club folded. Goodbye.

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I read it's for the 2019-20 season so I think it must be looking forward to when partial lifting of isolation. Probably anticipating that the young and fit would be allowed some semblance of freedom by then.

Edited by stlucifer

There's a fundraising effort already in place for St. Mirren: https://donateaticket.com/donate/st-mirren/ - it just needs a club official to give the site permission. I understand the website is a not-profit venture.

Could the club not just sell the tickets by themselves? 

Have they asked the clubs permission to use the badge?

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

What's the matter with the old one.