Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
W6er

Why isn't there a St. Mirren Just Giving page?

Recommended Posts


So far:

Albion Rovers have raised £7,230https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/albionrovers1882

Dumbarton FC have raised £15,189https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/dumbarton-fc-sos

East Fife have raised £3,705https://www.gofundme.com/f/supportthemightyfife

Partick Thistle have raised £23,700https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-the-jags

Raith Rovers have raised £43,285https://justgiving.com/crowdfunding/raithroversfc

 

Surely we could raise something?

 

20 minutes ago, shull said:

All Football Clubs get enough of our money.

No more presently.

FECKEM

I'd be genuinely interested to know how you financially contribute to St. Mirren, Shull? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, W6er said:

So far:

Albion Rovers have raised £7,230https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/albionrovers1882

Dumbarton FC have raised £15,189https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/dumbarton-fc-sos

East Fife have raised £3,705https://www.gofundme.com/f/supportthemightyfife

Partick Thistle have raised £23,700https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-the-jags

Raith Rovers have raised £43,285https://justgiving.com/crowdfunding/raithroversfc

 

Surely we could raise something?

 

I'd be genuinely interested to know how you financially contribute to St. Mirren, Shull? 

Contributed a bit over the decades.

No more though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What are they raising money for?

There's been this terrible pandemic, known as Covid-19, which resulted in the league being postponed. This has left clubs with expenses but little income, as there are no gate receipts. Anybody would think you live on some remote island... :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, W6er said:

There's been this terrible pandemic, known as Covid-19, which resulted in the league being postponed. This has left clubs with expenses but little income, as there are no gate receipts. Anybody would think you live on some remote island... :wink:

Clubs would easily have a huge Rainy Day Fund with the amount of money they charge fans to get in.

Unfortunately, the Club Directors give all the money to shite undeserving so called football players,

FECKEM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, W6er said:

There's been this terrible pandemic, known as Covid-19, which resulted in the league being postponed. This has left clubs with expenses but little income, as there are no gate receipts. Anybody would think you live on some remote island... :wink:

Do I detect a modicum of sarcasm here? 🤣

That’s fair enough. I thought it might have been for the NHS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, shull said:

Clubs would easily have a huge Rainy Day Fund with the amount of money they charge fans to get in.

Unfortunately, the Club Directors give all the money to shite undeserving so called football players,

FECKEM

I agree with some of what you've written, Shull. Unfortunately the game down south is awash with money and has inflated players' wages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, W6er said:

I agree with some of what you've written, Shull. Unfortunately the game down south is awash with money and has inflated players' wages. 

Same up here

Overpaid tumshies

FECKEM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the text from the Dunfermline page.

"To aid our beloved football club, in these difficult financial times, several representatives from the various supporters groups across the Pars Family have come together to launch a fighting fund to help bridge the gap created by the suspension of this seasons remaining fixtures.

After meeting our club Chairman, we were given our club’s approval to do so and use of the club’s official media channels to support our campaign. We wanted to do this with a purpose in mind, and it has become clear that DAFC are looking at a shortfall of £20,000 in April, and a further £20,000 in May as a direct result of having our home games cancelled."

St. Mirren will be no different, losing revenue from the Rangers game plus the 2 or 3 games we would have had post split.

I see no issue with a similar page being setup. Those who wish to contribute will be able to so, those who  oppose the idea are free to blank it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dickson said:

I've got to admit I'm with Shull on this. 

In recent years we've seen St Mirren put the begging bowl out to supporters (SMISA MEMBERS) for funding for a Sports Scientist; a set of match day footballs which cost around £125 per ball; footballs for the academy sides, goals for the academy, under soil heating repairs; players wages; the relaying of the astro turf pitch at the academy, repairs to the academy club house; and a whole pile of other nonsense items whilst the club raked in large transfer fees for John McGinn, Lewis Morgan, Steve Mallan, Jason Naismith Kenny McLean and Jack Ross. 

If the club were to put the begging bowl out again they should be told to go get themselves to f**k! 

There are far more deserving and far more essential causes that require funding.

What is the club? What does it mean to you?

Many would say that St. Mirren is a Paisley institution, founded in the Victorian era, back in 1877. It is a focal point for the community, where local people unite to support the team which represents their town, and the county of Renfrewshire. It has created a lot of fond memories for people, some indelible such as cup triumphs, wins against the Old Firm, promotions and magical nights such as the recent Motherwell cup game. Then there's the comaraderie, the friendships and bonding that comes from a mutual love of the team. The anticipation of a new season, the trip to the ground and seeing a sea of black and white, the songs, the displays. 

I fear this unprecedented crisis could harm the club. Who knows how long football will remain suspended? I have heard it suggested the lockdown could continue on and off for eighteen months! Let's hope that's wild speculation with no basis in reality, but then again isn't it best to be prepared?  It will, hopefully, soon be owned by the community, and I think it must be preserved, whatever the cost.

I have to assume that people who spend so much of their time on a forum dedicated to the discussion of St, Mirren care for the club, and are literally supporters of this cherished institution. Why else would they be here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dickson said:

I've got to admit I'm with Shull on this. 

In recent years we've seen St Mirren put the begging bowl out to supporters (SMISA MEMBERS) for funding for a Sports Scientist; a set of match day footballs which cost around £125 per ball; footballs for the academy sides, goals for the academy, under soil heating repairs; players wages; the relaying of the astro turf pitch at the academy, repairs to the academy club house; and a whole pile of other nonsense items whilst the club raked in large transfer fees for John McGinn, Lewis Morgan, Steve Mallan, Jason Naismith Kenny McLean and Jack Ross. 

If the club were to put the begging bowl out again they should be told to go get themselves to f**k! 

There are far more deserving and far more essential causes that require funding.

I see your point on this.

 

Our club are guilty of milking the Paisley working class to death and also the middle class with illusions of grandeur (the Smisa premium membership, I am gritting my teeth here).  Some supberb marketing has seen us (including me) buy shares, some pay for the wank wall and now we have fans paying for season tickets, Smisa memberships, 1877 memberships as well as the righteous costs for our fantastic supporters clubs to keep those buses running.  It all adds up.  Many of our faithful are young and as such not so high on the old career path.  It is a lot of money.

 

However these are unprecedented times so I wouldn't be so quick to roll out the high horse here.  I do not want Agnes the cleaner (do we have a cleaner called Agnes, you see you the point), and Boab the brusher upper to end up devoid of much needed income.  Our club for all it's faults is fantastic and we must see it endure.  This is not a time for one upmanship.  If one fan can give but a fiver and another can give a ton they are both as valuable as each fan could be making a sacrifice they can equally ill afford.

 

So, if we need a fundraiser I am in and I will contribute what I can afford, in truth slightly more.  That figure will be different for each of us but no less important.  The man who lays out £1000 without noticing is not the same as the man who lays out £20 but has to sacrifice something, potentially from the shopping basket.  The man who didn't notice will be celebrated and the latter taken for granted.  Again don't start on the Smisa premium membership. 

 

I have been a poor man and I have been comfortable man and such schemes are for cunts.

 

Anyway, unprecedented times, the teenager who gives a fiver is as bright a star (if not brighter) than Land Rover driving, golf jumper wearing gent who gives twenty times that.

 

Lets see our club through this, we all need something to look forward to, we all need something to look forward to indeed.

 

PS I have too many deceased friends who loved this club like I do to see it fail.  So COYS 

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Honestly? 

What is the club? - It's a business - a ltd company - that over a good number of years now has offered a poor product and bad value for money. I dare say there was a point in history where the football club was a focal point of the community but that's long expired these days. Christ on here not so long ago there was a heated debate about what the word "community" meant on the SMISA Constitution document, with SMISA members and officials arguing that it meant the owners, the players and the fans of the club. When a genuine community option appeared on the SMISA ballot for donation - the Glenvale Football project - the Chairman of the football club denounced the members who voted to give them money. I'd say it would be a struggle to try and tell people in Paisley that the football club or the fans give the slightest toss about their community. 

What's it mean to me? - It's a place where I have gone to get my football entertainment. A club that I chose to support because I was born in Paisley. A business that I have spent a great deal of money on over my 43 years watching the team play. It's a place where I meet with my oldest friend, and a place where I take my sons to watch football. That's it though. I don't feel any great affinity with the fans at the club. The way the club turns over players I don't feel any sort of attachment to any of them. I'd love to have a warm fuzzy feeling about the club but the way it grasps for money and the way it's shown itself to be all to keen to screw integrity over have killed that. Even the clubs version of Fan Ownership and a Community Benefit Society have left me trying to choke down the sick in my throat. 

I'm a customer of the club - a supporter of the ideological vision that I once thought represented the club and yet with enough experience to know that the vision was a pile of shite. Deep down I still wish for a St Mirren that properly supports it's community, and for a club that I can feel proud to support but I wouldn't chuck my loose change in a bucket for the club in it's current form. 

Yes it does, by all sane measures it is a waste of money but we do it because we love it.

 

 

Every fan gets that, thats why we are what we are.

Edited by TediousTom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Honestly? 

What is the club? - It's a business - a ltd company - that over a good number of years now has offered a poor product and bad value for money. I dare say there was a point in history where the football club was a focal point of the community but that's long expired these days. Christ on here not so long ago there was a heated debate about what the word "community" meant on the SMISA Constitution document, with SMISA members and officials arguing that it meant the owners, the players and the fans of the club. When a genuine community option appeared on the SMISA ballot for donation - the Glenvale Football project - the Chairman of the football club denounced the members who voted to give them money. I'd say it would be a struggle to try and tell people in Paisley that the football club or the fans give the slightest toss about their community. 

What's it mean to me? - It's a place where I have gone to get my football entertainment. A club that I chose to support because I was born in Paisley. A business that I have spent a great deal of money on over my 43 years watching the team play. It's a place where I meet with my oldest friend, and a place where I take my sons to watch football. That's it though. I don't feel any great affinity with the fans at the club. The way the club turns over players I don't feel any sort of attachment to any of them. I'd love to have a warm fuzzy feeling about the club but the way it grasps for money and the way it's shown itself to be all to keen to screw integrity over have killed that. Even the clubs version of Fan Ownership and a Community Benefit Society have left me trying to choke down the sick in my throat. 

I'm a customer of the club - a supporter of the ideological vision that I once thought represented the club and yet with enough experience to know that the vision was a pile of shite. Deep down I still wish for a St Mirren that properly supports it's community, and for a club that I can feel proud to support but I wouldn't chuck my loose change in a bucket for the club in it's current form. 

So help to change it, then. Get involved with SMISA, etc. When it is fan owned it can really become a community club. As for the grasping, unfortunately in this day and age, football's become all about money. Players are mostly mercenaries whose collective salaries eat up money. If the clubs wants to compete, it needs financial resources. Those are the facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The club rightly aren't putting out the begging hand to fans unless they absolutely need it. Asking fans to bail clubs out is something that should only be done very few times in a clubs history to ensure that when you really need it the fans come calling.

We St Mirren fans have in the past bailed our club out its hour darkest hour and some point in the future may have to again. 

However at the moment when its not absolutely desperate life or death scenario for the club its right they don't ask just because other clubs seem to be doing it.

Be proud that the club is financially responsible and in a decent state at the moment. Fans are going to have a lot of financial worries themselves now and more so in the future when this recession really hits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Do you support the club or not?

 

 

Financially ? 

Not a chance. 

Fans deserve a rebate and a Testimonial Match for their unconditional support for an overcharging Club for years. 

FECKEM 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, W6er said:

So help to change it, then. Get involved with SMISA, etc. When it is fan owned it can really become a community club. As for the grasping, unfortunately in this day and age, football's become all about money. Players are mostly mercenaries whose collective salaries eat up money. If the clubs wants to compete, it needs financial resources. Those are the facts.

Compete ? 

Ha ha ha ha ha 

There is no competition 

 

Check the title winners over the decades 

 

40 Clubs would be better being part time or amateur 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

Just when you think that shull can't post anything more disgusting.

emoji23.png

He got his stupid answer in relation to his fecking stupid question. 

Maybe prefer Sago with chicken than custard.

Edited by shull

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Do I detect a modicum of sarcasm here? 🤣

That’s fair enough. I thought it might have been for the NHS. 

A more worthy cause.  Maybe W6er could kick it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...