Live Games - Behind Closed Doors

southsidebud

Couldn't see a specific thread on this. It looks like the Germans are planning to restart the Bundesliga behind closed doors at the start of May, with Italy planning to follow suit by the end of the month.

The Germans have a plan to conduct testing to ensure player and TV staff safety (they seem so much better organised than us).

It'll be good to have live football to watch again (even if no atmosphere and not the Saints). I'll now have to start reading up on the top league teams so that I can adopt one to help through the boring weeks ahead.

4 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Couldn't see a specific thread on this. It looks like the Germans are planning to restart the Bundesliga behind closed doors at the start of May, with Italy planning to follow suit by the end of the month.

The Germans have a plan to conduct testing to ensure player and TV staff safety (they seem so much better organised than us).

It'll be good to have live football to watch again (even if no atmosphere and not the Saints). I'll now have to start reading up on the top league teams so that I can adopt one to help through the boring weeks ahead.

I'm still unconvinced this a serious option.

A test, as the Scottish government have been stressing, only tells you that you don;t have the virus on that day, nowhere near a guarantee you won;t have it when the game goes ahead. 

If the players, and umpteen associated supporting staff, are tested on the day and a player shows symptoms will the game go ahead?

• 1 month later...

I'm still unconvinced this a serious option.
A test, as the Scottish government have been stressing, only tells you that you don;t have the virus on that day, nowhere near a guarantee you won;t have it when the game goes ahead. 
If the players, and umpteen associated supporting staff, are tested on the day and a player shows symptoms will the game go ahead?

Agreed that it's not an option for cash strapped Scotland - and I guess we will see if there is any negative impact from the German experiment.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 1:04 PM, southsidebud said:

I've watched a couple of games which have included Bayern Munich. They are excellent. 

Lots of matches now on Freesports.

Portuguese, Polish and Danish football on - giving us free games most days.

There is also a Freesports app available on Android and iOS meaning you can cast in HD to the telly. (especially good as Freesports digital reception can be dodgy and is only in HD)

Website below lists all the games.

https://www.live-footballontv.com

2 hours ago, southsidebud said:

There is also a Freesports app available on Android and iOS meaning you can cast in HD to the telly. (especially good as Freesports digital reception can be dodgy and is only in HD)

Thanks Southside. 

If Lech Poznan are playing I might have a look. 

5 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I thought he said he didn't watch foreign football.

Were the games on any free to view channels, I could have sworn he said he didn't subscribe to any PTV sports channels? emoji23.png

Exactly the point I was making.

He tells so many lies he's a laughing stock............................nothing new there. 

Have you noticed almost no one engages with him anymore? 

Despite him begging people to like his posts it's not happening, a sad end to a sad life on the forum. :lol:

Exactly the point I was making.
He tells so many lies he's a laughing stock............................nothing new there. 
Have you noticed almost no one engages with him anymore? 
Despite him begging people to like his posts it's not happening, a sad end to a sad life on the forum. [emoji38]

Poor soul, obviously his mind is wandering.

9 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I thought he said he didn't watch foreign football.

Were the games on any free to view channels, I could have sworn he said he didn't subscribe to any PTV sports channels? emoji23.png

By the way. I said that I don't watch English Football. No interest in it. Little interest in Overseas football either but better than none. You jump to conclusions too quickly. PTV? Potty TV? 

15 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Despite trying a couple of German games I find I lose interest due, mainly, to a lack of connection with any players. 

Even with a bet on it's not really holding my interest so, as I've said roll on Wednesday 17th when the English Premier League starts up.

23 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Full EPL schedule.............................YIPEE. 

Weds 17th June
Aston Villa vs Sheffield United (1800) Sky
Man City vs Arsenal (2000) Sky

Fri 19th June
Norwich vs Southampton (1800) Sky
Tottenham vs Manchester United (2000) Sky

Sat 20th June
Watford vs Leicester (1230) BT
Brighton vs Arsenal (1500) BT
West Ham vs Wolves (1730) Sky
Bournemouth vs Crystal Palace (1945) BBC

Sun 21st June