Live Games - Behind Closed Doors

southsidebud

Aston Villa, in deep trouble, at home to high flying Wolves today, KO 12:30

Villa are one of 4 teams, IMO, that are fighting it out to avoid the 2 remaining relegation places, assuming :rolleyes: Norwich are already gone.

image.png.721f3d7dd53239dcf6897b276bfec003.png

Can't see any points today for Villa, Wolves, especially in the 2nd half, score in almost every game, home or away.

Later on, FA Cup, which I suspect is being taken a wee bit more seriously this year.

Norwich v Man Utd, KO 5:30 on BBC1

United will see this as an excellent opportunity to win a trophy so will, IMO, go all out for victory. 

Both games should produce goals...............:thumbs2

Edited by faraway saint

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aston Villa, in deep trouble, at home to high flying Wolves today, KO 12:30

Villa are one of 4 teams, IMO, that are fighting it out to avoid the 2 remaining relegation places, assuming :rolleyes: Norwich are already gone.

image.png.721f3d7dd53239dcf6897b276bfec003.png

Can't see any points today for Villa, Wolves, especially in the 2nd half, score in almost every game, home or away.

Later on, FA Cup, which I suspect is being taken a wee bit more seriously this year.

Norwich v Man Utd, KO 5:30 on BBC1

United will see this as an excellent opportunity to win a trophy so will, IMO, go all out for victory. 

Both games should produce goals...............:thumbs2

Villa 0-1 Wolves, 61 min, easy on the eye and sharp up front. 👍

13 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Will watch Newcadtle v Man City, chance of an upset or a tonking from City, would expect a full strength side with the league gone and a trophy to play for.

City have the Champions league in their sights, I doubt it'll be a full strength team, although even their reserves are pretty decent. 

Just now, Yflab said:

Have to agree. The FA Cup used to be the best domestic cup tournament in the world. Sadly the riches of the EPL and the CL have forced clubs to prioritise things accordingly. Such a shame.

As I recall Ferguson was the leader in treating the FA cup as a pointless tournament.

Didn't he, I can't be arsed checking, take United to some pointless, but lucrative, World Club cup thing in the far east, and the FA allowed them to come back and play a FA cup game retrospectively?

Since then, more and more "top clubs" have taken the approach it's games to play reserves and, or, youngsters.

A shame right enough. 

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

Utd were “encouraged” by the FA to take part. England had a WC bid on the table at the time.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-united-withdraw-from-fa-cup-1103601.html

Only 12 months previous they had won the famous treble including the FA cup which had the game everyone talks about where with 10men, a last minute penalty save then the Giggs goal against a very strong Arsenal side.

Compare Utd and Arsenal now to those teams of the late 90s is like chalk and cheese. 

And the rot has set in ever since.

I bet most fans would love a day at Wembley, especially the teams outside the top 4/6. 

I had a short discussion with a mate, a Man United supporter, on Facebook last night and he's mixed on the subject.

He was quite confident, when I told him I'd "cashed out" United would have enough to still win by 2 goals, shows what he knows. :wink:

Underestimated what it means to the diddy teams.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Leicester 0-0 Chelsea.

60 mins

First half was similar to last nights Norwich/United game, not a great deal to write home about.

The second half, again like last night, has been much better.

No sooner said............Leicester 0-1 Chelsea.

Lampard made 3 changes ta half time, that showed he wasn't a happy chappy.

63 mins.