Live Games - Behind Closed Doors

southsidebud

Two games tonight, with the United v Leicester game looking like it could be a cracker but with the FA deciding that United have to play Liverpool on Thursday night United will, almost certainly, be playing a changed side. 

Thursday will see United playing 3 games in 4/5 days, depending how you measure it, quite unbelievable. 

Could make a wee punt on Leicester worthwhile? 

image.png.671bdb14065bd8eadee5c4e7b674a5ae.png

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Two games tonight, with the United v Leicester game looking like it could be a cracker but with the FA deciding that United have to play Liverpool on Thursday night United will, almost certainly, be playing a changed side. 

Thursday will see United playing 3 games in 4/5 days, depending how you measure it, quite unbelievable. 

Could make a wee punt on Leicester worthwhile? 

image.png.671bdb14065bd8eadee5c4e7b674a5ae.png

Jeezo, what a line up for United.................currently United 1-2 Leicester, 75 mins. 

image.png.a749eea32c41f48e7eecf652f96219f1.png

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Leicester win and pretty much secure Champions League football next season.

Well deserved, a very good manager and more than decent football players. 

image.thumb.png.ddd8b155c9391bd5ab529a14744d28ba.png

Oh, forgot to mention, with United reserves losing Man City win the league. :happyclapper

Well deserved, pity it was under these circumstances.

1 minute ago, Slash said:

If it’s any consolation I’ve missed that game and the United-Liverpool game this week too.  I will need to catch up on the highlights on MOTD which I record on cooncil tv. 

I’m hopeful that the FA Cup final will be a cracker as it could be a very open game. I’d like to see Leicester win as I like the way Rodgers has had them playing. Plus for some reason my youngest daughter's English team is Chelsea and she knows all the words to their anthem “Blue is the colour”. 

I’ve never liked Chelsea. When I was working down south, one of my mates was a Millwall fan. He took me along to the old Stamford Bridge on 4th November 1989. This was a time when there used to be a large advertising hoarding behind the away end. It was also post Hillsborough so all the exit gates in the fences were now open. Chelsea cruised to a 4-0 victory thanks to a Kerry Dixon hat trick. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chelsea-fc_millwall-fc/index/spielbericht/2553013

Before, during and after the game it was fcuking pandemonium with violence on a scale I have never witnessed before or since and never want to see again. When the third Chelsea goal went in suddenly all hell broke loose. Their were pockets of Millwall fans in The Shed and the Main Stand. Then all the away fans launched an attack via the open exit gates in the fences at the bottom of the terracing.

After the game the Millwall fans then set alight the advertising hoarding which meant the police had to open the exit gates onto the road and then a further riot ensued outside the ground.

I’m fcuking glad we don’t live in the 80s any more. 

It isn't. :P

The FA Cup final will be watched by over 1 BILLION people on the telly.

There will also be 20,000 fans allowed into Wembley.

How many will be allowed into Hampden for the Scottish Cup final.......................NANE. :thumbsdown

The original amount of 600, aye, 600, (big fecking deal) has now been changed to ZERO.

Well done. 

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, Slash said:

Where are you reading/hearing that it has been reduced to zero?

It’s feckin madness. 

Madness right enough, but it's ok, better to be safe.................................... no doubt some eejit will defend the decision. 

Even 600 is a fecking joke TBH. 

Scottish Cup final: No crowd for St Johnstone v Hibs after Glasgow spike in cases

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57123009

Edited by faraway saint

Sunday see's the final games in the top league.

The battle for the Champions League places is the real focus of attention.

Three teams battle for two places.

image.thumb.png.85e58da4f09642f87fa18d4a2064be17.png

Aston Villa v Chelsea, anything but an easy last game for Chelsea with Villa a very capable/dangerous side.

Leicester v Spurs, the home side have stuttered lately, losing 2 and drawing on from their last 5. They blew it last season, they could do the same this season, although they should beat a Spurs side who are poor it's out of their hands if the the other two teams win. (A silly amount of goals aside)

Liverpool v Crystal Palace, Liverpool have picked up just at the right time, winning 4 and drawing 1 of their last 5. A 4 goal advantage over Leicester sees them just needing the win although Palace could be dangerous with their manager announcing he's quitting after this game.

Super Sunday right enough, can't wait. :thumbs2

14 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Villa are a completely different side with Jack Grealish playing. He is one of those old fashioned players that gets you off your seat every time he is on the ball. I just hope he picks up an injury in training before Scotland play the auld enemy. D

I really can’t see Liverpool slipping up. After all slippy G is now at The Rangers. Palace have nothing in the locker. Guaranteed home win.

I can see Chelsea struggling to beat Villa. Leicester have run out of steam and will likely draw against Spurs.

But who knows? I’ll certainly be tuning in. Just wish there was a relegation battle this season to add to the excitement.

Agree with you about villa with grealish in the team although ollie watkins is a big danger man for them, remember him a few years back destroying carlisle in play offs when he was at Exeter. Another one that could do without facing Scotland in euros.

I think the top four at moment will stay the same at final whistle tho.

Agree with the above, I work with a lad who was at Newcastle through his teens and even came to us for a trial but just couldn't cope with the restrictions on his life at the academy, fell out of love with the game and plays the odd 5 a side work game now, it's a hard situation but it demonstrates the will and dedication required to succeed above the raw talent.

On 5/20/2021 at 6:55 AM, faraway saint said:

Sunday see's the final games in the top league.

The battle for the Champions League places is the real focus of attention.

Three teams battle for two places.

image.thumb.png.85e58da4f09642f87fa18d4a2064be17.png

Aston Villa v Chelsea, anything but an easy last game for Chelsea with Villa a very capable/dangerous side.

Leicester v Spurs, the home side have stuttered lately, losing 2 and drawing on from their last 5. They blew it last season, they could do the same this season, although they should beat a Spurs side who are poor it's out of their hands if the the other two teams win. (A silly amount of goals aside)

Liverpool v Crystal Palace, Liverpool have picked up just at the right time, winning 4 and drawing 1 of their last 5. A 4 goal advantage over Leicester sees them just needing the win although Palace could be dangerous with their manager announcing he's quitting after this game.

Super Sunday right enough, can't wait. :thumbs2

Villa did, indeed, take another scalp, giving them a great finish to a great season after just surviving last season. 

Leicester's very poor form continued, losing 2-4 to Spurs.

Liverpool, the opposite to Leicester, have put a great run together and finished 3rd. 

Another great season in the top league, as usual stunning football, to be expected when they all get big money.

Wonder where Kane will be playing next season?

He's scored an amazing 217 goals in 336 gamers, in a Spurs side who have been, mostly, kicking about outside the top four. 

Man United, much maligned by some, play in the Europa League final tonight.

Villarreal, 7th in the Spanish league, are big outsiders.

It's been a tough season physically for most teams, many players will need to rest before the Euros.

Anyhow, hope it's a good game, my usual hope for an "early goal" gets rolled out on these occasions. 

image.png.3ae8a333a6cac30edbac9b0aa99d4463.png

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Man United, much maligned by some, play in the Europa League final tonight.

Villarreal, 7th in the Spanish league, are big outsiders.

It's been a tough season physically for most teams, many players will need to rest before the Euros.

Anyhow, hope it's a good game, my usual hope for an "early goal" gets rolled out on these occasions. 

image.png.3ae8a333a6cac30edbac9b0aa99d4463.png

9000 fans allowed in to the game in Gdańsk,2000 tickets to each finalist and the rest to general public It’s thought that many Utd fans won’t use their tickets as Poland is on the amber list and they would have to quarantine on their return

10 hours ago, HSS said:

9000 fans allowed in to the game in Gdańsk,2000 tickets to each finalist and the rest to general public It’s thought that many Utd fans won’t use their tickets as Poland is on the amber list and they would have to quarantine on their return

Aye, this thread's all but dead, well, the title doesn't fit anymore, except in Scotland.

Anyhow, McTominay playing tonight, good news, barring any injury, for Scotland. 

He, like McGinn, has got better and better this season.