Live Games - Behind Closed Doors

southsidebud

Three games in the best league in the world today.

First up Liverpool, certainly improved recently, against Newcastle, who have also picked up and are looking like they are safe from relegation.

Second game, a tight affair, both teams sitting on 55 points and are among 5 teams, IMO, fighting for that coveted 4th spot.

Last game, already relegated Sheffield, leaking goals in every game, against Brighton, who also should be safe from relegation. 

image.png.f6769fa8ceed9f9872db2f04658f4344.png

Last game in this weeks set of games sees Leicester take on Crystal Palace.
Leicester are still slight favourites for 3rd spot but it's close with Chelsea chasing them down. 
Palace are pretty much safe.
Home win...................unless it's a shock result/coupon buster. :rolleyes:
image.png.3e16c6d400792fa101d50e0fc74a9b81.png
Won't be watching that for obvious reasons, Coys!

3 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:
6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Last game in this weeks set of games sees Leicester take on Crystal Palace.
Leicester are still slight favourites for 3rd spot but it's close with Chelsea chasing them down. 
Palace are pretty much safe.
Home win...................unless it's a shock result/coupon buster. :rolleyes:
image.png.3e16c6d400792fa101d50e0fc74a9b81.png

Won't be watching that for obvious reasons, Coys!

With a bit of TV remote juggling you can watch the last 15 mins of each half, barring ET/penalties. :bag

Sundays offering from the top league...................

Newcastle have managed to put a decent run together and are almost safe IMO, against inconsistent Arsenal. Won't touch it, heads or tails game for me.

Man Utd v Liverpool, United win for me. 

Spurs should see off already doomed Sheffield. 

image.png.e498c8ec63731bd195b6d81741bf783f.png

The Man United v Liverpool game was postponed, unnecessarily IMO. 

The continual references of "danger" were blown out of proportion as the half wits that ruined a decent protest, were removed and "persuaded" to move well away from the ground.

The KO could have been delayed but not postponed. 

It seems many "peaceful" protests are infiltrated by utter bawbags only looking to overstep the line in violence and vandalism. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, Slash said:

Personally I would like to see West Ham get the 4th slot. Moyes has done an immense job there, and the last time they had such a good season was when Macca was playing for them in season 85/86 and they came very close to winning the title that year. Had they not had numerous FA cup replays and postponements they could have overtaken Liverpool and Everton. 

Unfortunately Heysel disaster happened the season before, so they missed out on Europe. I live down there at that time and used to go to Upton Park when not travelling home to see the Buddies. Upton Park was a great stadium back then.

It would be quite a shift in "power" if both West Ham and Leicester grabbed two of the four top positions. 

As I said, still too close to call, but keeps the interest, with the title as good as done and relegation also, IMO, settled. 

Chelsea, slight favourites, take on Real Madrid to see who meets City in the Champions League final.

Tuchel has done an amazing job, taking over the same group of players who were floundering around mid table and are now sitting 4th in the league and 90 minutes away from the Champions League final. 

It'll be interesting to see who he signs in the summer and how he does next season. 

image.png.5f2b3cfd50ab2a8927f11a51e9bf1612.png

Alt Madrid    76  points

Real Madrid 74   "

Barcelona    74   "

Sevilla           70   "

With 4 games left, this is what i call a title chase.

All 4 teams are playing each other this weekend.

Barcelona v Alt Madrid at 3-15 tomorrow with Real Madid v Sevilla on Sunday at 8pm.

It would have been tighter if Sevilla hasn't lost last Monday to an injury time goal against Ath Bilbao.

With Hibs v Dundee U and Raith Rov v Dunfermline also on tomorrow afternoon, telly and the laptops will all be on  :lol:

On 5/8/2021 at 7:32 AM, faraway saint said:

Saturday's offering from the top league, won't see any of the first two games, be traveling to/from Paisley.

Should get home for the BIG game at 5:30.

image.png.945bc4174832053f0743db58b42cc469.png

City v Chelsea was a great watch.

Unfortunate Aguero, a legend, missed his penalty to make it 2-0.  :zipit

Chelsea continue to impress me with their fast attacking style.

They now sit 3rd in the top league. 

Today's games, with a free to watch game on BBC.

If West Ham win Leicester's position starts to looks more and more precarious. 

image.png.460df50c3b0e64185b5759ac09aae127.png